Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: For all my modding buddies... (BSing)  (Read 1233 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
For all my modding buddies... (BSing)
« on: August 09, 2010, 08:05:38 pm »

So, as you can tell I've been a little scarce around the forum lately. During some time I stumbled upon a bunch of old CD's that I burned from back in the late 90's.

And this song is on one of the CD's. I don't know if it actually has an official music video.

However, I heard it and thought of DF. You'll know why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvdeJaB-eLg

Enjoy. :)

And for any of those curious, I've been working on getting everything situated for helicopter school and I've been building my car. By the end of the month I should have a fully operational high 400's horsepower 1975 Chevy Nova.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:32:05 am by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: For all my modding buddies...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:19:47 am »

Hehe, thank you for this song :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:35:45 am »

By the end of the month I should have a fully operational high 400's horsepower 1975 Chevy Nova.

Oh boy....this sounds awesome...and thanks for the song! :)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:31:52 am »

Yeah, I was cleaning up where I live now and just going through old junk. Found one of those blank CD things that hold like 50 CD's and it had a bunch of random CD's, was just going through them. Also found the giant Corona (beer) uhm... banner dealio... That I had stashed away.

For S&G's when I get the new motor in and the car running again, I'll share some pics.

Oh, I was also debating sharing this song, if any of you have ever played Command and Conquer, you should know it.

annnd by looking for a link for the song, I found out there are 3? version on the song...

Cool newer one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nFKPVfDrgU

The original I remember.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QyQ9PsOj6A&feature=related

Figure when you guys go to war, you could always start playing either of those :P

When invading becomes implemented, I could imagine a lot of people playing the Dwarf Invasion song.

Anywho, I'm off to get some sleep. Only slept 2 or 3 hours last night...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
Re: For all my modding buddies... (BSing)
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 02:06:39 pm »

Gotta love the Hell March. I've seriously considered trying out the Red Alert series just for the music.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 06:05:05 pm »

I love Command and Conquer... Before it went to EA. When C&C was made by Westwood... I think Generals is when it went to EA.

I'd suggest Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 1 and 2. Tiberian Sun is a little on the harder side, especially AI wise.

In my opinion it's one of those games that you have to play, regardless, it's like the great grand father of many RTS games. Going back to C&C windows 95, which I have. haha.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 06:41:33 pm »

RA1 and Tiberian Sun were my favourite RTS games.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 07:33:38 pm »

If we're going favorite. Hands down, no question about it, Total Annihilation. The one with the robots, not kingdoms.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 05:27:30 pm »

Alright, question for you guys. Seeing as Minecraft or Dwarf Fortress takes up majority of my gaming time. I've read that Notch, the guy behind Minecraft, plays DF. I haven't seen him around on the forums here. Anyone chatted with him?

IMO, Notch and Toady, best two game developers out there. I wonder what would happen if they joined forces for a joint game... Hmmm, 2012 anyone? Too much awesome in one spot, earth implodes or something.