Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53

Author Topic: BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win  (Read 109890 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 5: Fastest Night Ever
« Reply #690 on: September 09, 2010, 08:44:55 pm »

I am also masoned with vector. Or did you forget?
Apparently so, as I don't remember you claiming this. But I do remember you saying you weren't able to see alignment.

There have been, thus far, no inconsistencies with her claims. I do not think she is scum; I admit I could be fallible- but only just barely.
No inconsistencies =/= Not scum. That just means she's careful.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 1: Interesting Predicament...
« Reply #691 on: September 09, 2010, 08:52:12 pm »

Spoiler: MBP D1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MBP D2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MBP D3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MBP D4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MBP D5 (click to show/hide)

Without further ado, MysteriousBluePuppet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 4: Nothing.
« Reply #692 on: September 09, 2010, 08:54:41 pm »

I apologize for not being on; I got trapped at my parent's place last couple days: on the plus side- Kitten Happened. Kneel before your Zod Cat.

Brotherly Love- I can form a mason group.
I assume you already have done so? Or does forming it get rid of your Revive? Can only Townies be recruited? If not, does recruiting people reveal their alignment to you?

This sounds suspicious is why I ask.
Second: It reveals that I am town but I do not get to know if the other person is town. I can recruit anyone, so it's entirely hunch based.
THEBROODYMOODS: Did you or did you not already form a Mason group? Is it a Night, Day, or Either action?

I did in fact form a mason group with Vector. She claimed the same role that she did here. I have no reason, thus far, to doubt that she's town.

There, so you know. It was at your behest, after all. You got fairly obstinate about it- so how could you have actually missed it? I find that surprising. Though, I admit it was at the end of the day. It might have slipped by.

There have been, thus far, no inconsistencies with her claims. I do not think she is scum; I admit I could be fallible- but only just barely.
No inconsistencies =/= Not scum. That just means she's careful.

I believe the quotation you used deals with that precise issue. I merely said that I have no reason to doubt her- and I do feel I can trust her- but just because she has a hidden ability --given some of the abilities town has had -- and the quote from God (essentially Webaddict in this situation), I think we move on.

I am certain that Vector is not Scum. Do I have proof? No, just consistent claims in our mason chat- and a gut feeling. Is it wise to decide you can trust someone on that alone? Prolly not. Oh well; I now have the backing of Lord Webaddict.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 09, 2010, 09:04:37 pm »

Wow, that's a lot of word. Ill post counter arguments as soon as i finish reading that brick. First impression tho is the nice lack of any background. Not hard to look stupid without context.

Find that 'She is totally townie guys' stupid but apparently I should listen about it.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 09, 2010, 09:06:51 pm »

You got fairly obstinate about it- so how could you have actually missed it? I find that surprising.
Probably because I didn't miss it. I forgot it.

I believe the quotation you used deals with that precise issue. I merely said that I have no reason to doubt her- and I do feel I can trust her- but just because she has a hidden ability --given some of the abilities town has had -- and the quote from God (essentially Webaddict in this situation), I think we move on.

Oh well; I now have the backing of Lord Webaddict.
...So what did Web proclaiming Vector's town have to do with you? How is this his backing? It would have to be somebody's role, not Web volunteering to tell us something so important as that.

I don't get how the announcement relates to you.

and the quote from God (essentially Webaddict...)
Damn it, man. Now he's going to quote that out of context like I just did.

[PPE:]
Wow, that's a lot of word. Ill post counter arguments as soon as i finish reading that brick. First impression tho is the nice lack of any background. Not hard to look stupid without context.
No shit dumbass. THAT IS WHY THERE IS A GODDAMN LINK INCLUDED IN EVERY QUOTE. I have explained that throughout the game! How have you not gotten that yet?!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 09, 2010, 09:12:24 pm »

peoples are lazy, they wont follow every link then reread the whole thread to get context.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 09, 2010, 09:23:47 pm »

Oh well; I now have the backing of Lord Webaddict.
...So what did Web proclaiming Vector's town have to do with you? How is this his backing? It would have to be somebody's role, not Web volunteering to tell us something so important as that.

I don't get how the announcement relates to you.

and the quote from God (essentially Webaddict...)
Damn it, man. Now he's going to quote that out of context like I just did.

sigh
, I realize that. I totally do, but that in conjunction with my previous reasons for trusting her are- essentially- reaffirming rather than detracting.

But he does essentially moderate the entire game- acting as a divine being in our little struggle to murder each other systematically enough to root out a certain element within the group. I am not saying she is beyond suspicion- just that perhaps is a good prompt to continue searching for scum elsewheres. He's not supposed to just come in an tell us something: he was prompted by some action or power. That's all I can say for the matter.

I was going to defend her- firstly because I think she is innocent of being scum. Secondly because for whatever reason- a reason that should be evaluated further in the future- the moderator proclaimed her to be town.  and third, we're maaaasssooons. Its soo cool, you guys!

Actually, has anyone proclaimed responsibility for webaddict's announcement?

peoples are lazy, they wont follow every link then reread the whole thread to get context.

That seems pretty lazy right there. If you want to try and help yourself quote her and put it in context. But, most of us were there. A good portion of her quotes I can remember their context- poor choice of words my friend.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 09, 2010, 09:26:40 pm »

No, which is why it's suspicious.

You make me facepalm.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 09, 2010, 09:43:15 pm »

Vector, you are so exasperating, this almost is harmfull to my equilibrium. All i can see in your post is :

Day 1OMG he's not voting Spartan like everybody else is already voting ! Scum!1!. I don't care, i tought that toony was more susceptible to be scummy.  Read back the post. What i'm against is people flinging accusation willy-nilly. If they get it right, then well, congrats.

Day 2 : Being drunk 2 days, then missing classes to hangover tend to make one Not post on a forum on the internet. You know that already, that's pretty much the excuses you used later when Zathras came in.

Day 3 : Again, classes tend to get in the way for forums game. Work too, can't see why

Day 4 : Work, classes. Trying to get everyone role , saying who i find more scummy ( you were there :) ) getting to vote when i'm back from the lab.

Day 5 : Absurd ? before that weird otherwordly voice said you were town, and even then, I still feel bad with your roles.  I don't know that part of my role , stop asking me bluh. We all gave our role , and all the power were known to us.

In resume : If you are town, you are pretty much harpying since i have suspicion you don't say all the thruth behind your role

If you are scum, well i won't be the one surprised.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 09, 2010, 09:48:38 pm »

Day 1OMG he's not voting Spartan like everybody else is already voting ! Scum!1!. I don't care, i tought that toony was more susceptible to be scummy.  Read back the post. What i'm against is people flinging accusation willy-nilly. If they get it right, then well, congrats.
I don't recall you talking about TM Day 1.

Day 2 : Being drunk 2 days, then missing classes to hangover tend to make one Not post on a forum on the internet. You know that already, that's pretty much the excuses you used later when Zathras came in.
"Hey guys I got too drunk but I won't tell you until 3 in-game-Days later" is totally a valid excuse.

Day 3 : Again, classes tend to get in the way for forums game. Work too, can't see why
Neither can I.

Day 4 : Work, classes. Trying to get everyone role , saying who i find more scummy ( you were there :) ) getting to vote when i'm back from the lab.
That's funny. I seem to recall MCing by the end of Day 3. I guess you still had to catch up.

Day 5 : Absurd ? before that weird otherwordly voice said you were town, and even then, I still feel bad with your roles.  I don't know that part of my role , stop asking me bluh. We all gave our role , and all the power were known to us.
Could use some " marks to separate you mocking Vector from you talking about why she's scummy, but otherwise okay.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 09, 2010, 09:50:52 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Lonewolf I -
TheBroodyMoods -
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Jokerman-EXE, Vector,
Vector - Lonewolf I, Zai, Mysteriousbluepuppet,
ToonyMan -
Zai -
Jokerman-EXE -

Not Voting - ToonyMan, TheBroodyMoods,

Day Ends on Friday at 9 PM Central. 4 to Hammer.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 09, 2010, 09:59:15 pm »

Zai, read back day 1, i said i found is way for wishing to be NKed sketchy. Tought, and still do, that it could be used to hide scumness: Ask for nightkill, do not get killed since you are scum, kill someone, be back the day after and press that you want to be nked, dont get killed again since you are the scum yadda yadda Profit. It would not work more than a few days, but that's more than enough to get a headstart.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 1: Interesting Predicament...
« Reply #702 on: September 09, 2010, 10:04:45 pm »

Well I don't know what Toonie would be, Refuge in audacity townie or scum, possibly. If he has is way, people wont lynch him the day, and at night he can scum all he want. 

Also, Ottofar is pretty much not doing anything. It's not a proof but that ain,t good too.

for the rest i havent made an opinion yet.

Found the quote for you. If you follow a few page later i say that i would need a replacement since college was afoot, then came back since web could not find anybody else.

Vector, if you were to quote my post, why did you forgot posting those that was contradictory to your theory. You are a scientific mind, fudging thing's isn't good.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 09, 2010, 10:08:37 pm »

Sleep on that info. For my part i'm going to bed and wont be back until 6 pm tommorow. If Vector get her way i'll have to give you my full schedule soon anyway.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 09, 2010, 10:12:44 pm »

No, which is why it's suspicious.

You make me facepalm.

Good for you: so after hounding me about my role and weather or not I mason'd, you just Up and Forgot? This didn't factor into your vote at all? I thought it was all important, stop the presses- We must know.

Well I for one do not think Org is our scum.

I'm thinking Mysteriousbluepuppet or TheBroodyMoods. Still waiting on his response to my questions a bit ago.

Everybody: Be aware, we are now up to 3 people on Org. Please don't hammer until TBM shows up and answers my questions.

And. you. forgot.

But you can recall her subtle lack of engagement with other players?

...Vector mainly for her "hidden" ability (and if I recall correctly, she was the last person to RC, but had posted a few times between the start of MC and her RC), but also somewhat for her large lack of interaction with the known scum, distancing her from them.

What made you change your opinion of Mysteriousbluepuppet in favor of vector, incidentally?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53