Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 53

Author Topic: BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win  (Read 109872 times)

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 3: Missing Trifecta
« Reply #465 on: September 03, 2010, 12:13:21 am »

How'd two people wind up dead last night? :? is this a common occurrence in these sort of games?

Anywho, I'd be interested in seeing Ironyowl's reply. It seems like a fairly strong bandwagon you guys got going. I would hop on, but I never join in on a three-some unless invited. I am curious, what are the reasons for the three votes right off the bat, excluding Lonewolf- who if we take him at face value can instantly determine is someone is townie or scum.

Lonewolf, who was it you role inspected night before? It seems as though your role is very powerful- an inspector who can just read other people's roles verbatim.

Ah, well, I am willing to defend my townie-hood with my life and honor.
What the hell does this mean?

Well it means that I would very much like to prove I am a townie if people doubt me. If it means biting a bullet, I would. However that is neither here nor there.

Zathras said that he was suspicious Toony and Pandersenic buddy'ing and mutual trust, and now he's dead. I find that curious. Toony, what you're saying is that the Scum have no more NK, and yet you were not killed. I find that suspiciously powerful.  And if you were targeted as well that would mean that there would have been three night kills last night. That seems very unlikely, that scum and third party could cull the herd that quickly. >:(

Just some musings, for the moment.

Vote Mysteriousbluepuppet, You've been very quiet. Too quiet.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 03, 2010, 12:16:26 am »

Wait. So if Toony was targeted for a kill, that means we had 3 potential kills last night. Considering that, does anybody agree that its getting to be MC time?
Probably. Especially now that TM's ability has allegedly been activated.

I'll have to consider it more when I'm less tired though.

[PPE:]
Zathras said that he was suspicious Toony and Pandersenic buddy'ing and mutual trust, and now he's dead. I find that curious.
Never go there, dude. You do not try and read into NKs. That's like self-inflicted WIFOM.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 03, 2010, 12:21:33 am »

[PPE:]
Zathras said that he was suspicious Toony and Pandersenic buddy'ing and mutual trust, and now he's dead. I find that curious.
Never go there, dude. You do not try and read into NKs. That's like self-inflicted WIFOM.

It is not beyond consideration. I mean, it obviously presents many many issues, but it is not without its standing.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 03, 2010, 05:14:52 am »

Zai had no target.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 03, 2010, 05:50:51 am »

Vote Mysteriousbluepuppet, You've been very quiet. Too quiet.

Mostly been sleeping, studying. gotta go to college in an hour , will be back in 8 hour or so, i'll give you answer to any question you want to ask.

But really, you were not really there often too the last day, your reason are ?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 03, 2010, 09:48:29 am »

Is there any more support for the MC? I'd be willing to go first.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 03, 2010, 12:47:12 pm »

I was sledgehammered last night, awesome.  Hows it feel scum?

If what my role says is true then mafia don't have a night-kill anymore, how nice right?  Let's see what happens tomorrow to confirm this.
This would make three NKs last night. Given that we've already lost a vigilante, I find that suspicious.

IronyOwl is definitely scum.  I can inspect rolepowers, and I targeted him last night.  He has a mafiakill, and the ability to devour his victims, leaving no traces behind (no roleflip, in mechanics terms) until he himself dies.  He does get their role when he kills them.

FAKEEDIT: Ninjaed by Toony.  Looks like it's "had a mafiakill" now.
That I can explain, oddly enough.

I am an Anglerfish. I have a lure that makes me look like a more appealing target to inspects, and am otherwise a sort of knight/war vet combo- 50% chance to survive an NK, 50% chance to eat my NKer. They're independent of each other, if you're curious.

What I'd like you to explain is why the only thing you did all of Day 2 was vote me and run off. There was a question with it, which looked like scumhunting, but not only did you never do anything with it, you chose me for your inspect despite Pandarsenic ignoring it completely, which seems to imply you didn't care about the answer. Combined with the lightning bandwagon, this looks rather suspiciously like you're in on something with TM and Pandar.

Also unusual is that you chose to roleclaim without mentioning your N1 target; I would think clearing a townie would be useful information, but you left it out completely and just mentioned me. Why?

Incidentally, for anyone who hasn't figured it out yet:

Day 1, I call ToonyMan out on refusing to really say anything.
Day 2, I continue calling ToonyMan out and get into my spat with Pandarsenic. ToonyMan declares Pandarsenic town right after Pandar calls me scum. For something like the fifth time, but still.
Day 3, lightning bandwagon from both of them. I don't know for a fact that they're scumbuddies, but they sure as hell don't like pressure.

For more ToonyMan goodness, I'd like to point out
Spoiler: Last Post Of Day 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: First Post Of Day 2 (click to show/hide)

plus the fact that he's refused to scumhunt except by reaction gathering or defend himself except by giving short non-answers until someone gives up. He's also claiming a suspiciously powerful-sounding role, as TheBroodyMoods pointed out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 03, 2010, 01:42:38 pm »

I am Shizuo Heiwajima.

My role is a little complex so let me do my best explaining without copy pasting this thing,

I can guard some each night, if the attack is unblockable then I die instead.
If I am NOT guarding someone then I am unkillable.
I also have a one time ability that happens when someone does something to me during the night and I am not guarding someone, it's called short-fuse.

I asked Webadict if I can use short-fuse on night kills and he said yes this was so.  I didn't use my guard ability at all because I was hoping mafia would take the bait at sometime which would out weigh the negatives.

Also, last night when I was attacked by a sledgehammer I also got an upgrade to my guard ability, which allows me to guard two people each night, kick ass.  It must have been a hidden role power.

And of course IronyOwl makes up random bullshit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 03, 2010, 01:45:01 pm »

Short-fuse makes it so their ability is gone for good this game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 03, 2010, 01:45:57 pm »

Gahhhh, sorry.  Back later.  Work to do.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 03, 2010, 01:55:59 pm »

I am Robert Fulton.

Each night I may select a player and upgrade one of their abilities at random.

Each day I may select a dead player and construct a device based on their role. Said device is given to a random player including myself.

Day1: Nothing. No dead peeps yet.

Night1: Gave Zathras an upgrade. Based on a town read.

Day2: Forgot about my power.  :-\

Night2: Gave Toony an upgrade. Based on a town read.

Day3: Made a device based upon Zathras. Was not told any info on his role or the device.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 03, 2010, 02:17:35 pm »

I'm assuming that the mafia tried to kill me first (higher priority) and since my short-fuse is one shot that's why you can still use your power, cool.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 03, 2010, 02:42:24 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic -
Org -
Lonewolf I -
TheBroodyMoods -
Mysteriousbluepuppet - TheBroodyMoods,
Vector -
IronyOwl - ToonyMan, Lonewolf I, Pandarsenic,
Eduren -
ToonyMan -
Zai -

Not Voting - IronyOwl, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Org, Eduren, Vector, Zai,

Day Ends on Tuesday at 9 PM Central. 6 to Hammer.

Suddenly, you hear a crunching noise coming from IronyOwl! ... *crunch* ... *crunch*

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 03, 2010, 02:47:14 pm »

Ummm. IronyOwl, do you know why you seem to be crunching?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 03, 2010, 02:50:21 pm »

Get your hand out of the chip bag Irony!!!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 53