Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 53

Author Topic: BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win  (Read 109955 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 1: Interesting Predicament...
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2010, 11:38:24 am »

Please let me know if the sig bugs you and I'll change it; it's there now because that was, in essence, my "welcome to the forums" moment.

No, that's fine.  It's not as bad as the one about Genghis Khan, so that's all right ^_^;;

Oh dear. Eight pages in which I haven't posted. On monday nothing interesting had happened to post about, and on tuesday, I got home late, and posted a quick thing, but the electricity went down, taking the internet with it. I'll do a longer post tomorrow, assuming I have time.

Unvote

Vote Eduren
, you were defending Vector, and I'd like to see your alignment. Or Vector's.

Uh, doodabuddy.  You pop out for out pages and you pop in with a vote that says nothing less than "you were defending someone!  I keel you." ?  Seriously?  No questions, no real allegations, no evidence?  No commentary on the other players, just another vote dropped with no extra analysis?

This is sloppy scumhunting at the best, and scummy at the worst.  Shape up or hang, scumbucket.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2010, 12:41:06 pm »

Zathras:  Noted.

MBP:  (I hope you like this shortening, because your name is long)
2 days ?

Man, gonna be rough to follow that when college start..

You realize this game will likely go on for weeks, right?  If you don't have the time to commit to the game, you should ask for a replacement now.  I think I saw someone willing to replace in.

If you're in for the duration, do us a favor and put more detail in your analysis.

Oh dear. Eight pages in which I haven't posted. On monday nothing interesting had happened to post about, and on tuesday, I got home late, and posted a quick thing, but the electricity went down, taking the internet with it. I'll do a longer post tomorrow, assuming I have time.

Unvote

Vote Eduren

Ottofar, you bug me.  You have a nasty habit of "I'll post more later," which I personally consider scummy.  Your brief explanation is weak and lacks substance or reference, and is also vote #3 immediately following vote #2.  You look like you're either being led around or just blindly following.  You're also throwing an attack on Vector with zero description.  Give us your evidence.

Org:
Zathras is the other traitor.

Are you calling him scum or throwing out randomness?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2010, 12:41:41 pm »

PS Org: In either case, why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2010, 01:31:13 pm »

Well yeah, i would have liked to end it guys, but i kinda tought it would be like 1 day: 1 day:P

Sorry again for that people, but it's not better if i can't post anyway.

I'll follow to see how my replacement goes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 26, 2010, 01:54:12 pm »

So you're saying it's okay for doing this "bad thing" I did if I were to be active (which I am), that doesn't work out any sense.

Also, mafia can't night kill themselves dude.

If your WIFOM was only a small part of your total content, it could be ignored a lot easier than if it showed up in half of everything you say and probably composed a good 30% of your total comments. This is both because it'd be a minor part of your behavior (and therefore presumably a minor clue) and because it probably wouldn't be interacting with your other behavior as much. As it stands, your focus on it combined with your generally passive behavior means that:

A) We don't have much else to go on
B) It looks like exactly what I and several others have been concerned about: You're using it as an excuse to not do anything

I'll assume your last comment referred to the term "NK-reciprocator" because that assumption means you're making sense. I meant a war vet from Paranormal, someone who kills their nightkiller, but didn't know the right (more generic) term. Admittedly, the one I used is awful.

Incidentally, you're not really active. You're posting a fair amount, and it's relevant, but as I've mentioned you're just injecting one-line comments and occasionally giving brief, unhelpful explanations, usually when prodded. Frankly I think you're emulating Org, and I no longer buy that you're town, since you seem to have no intention of being helpful or communicative with us. Whether you're outright scum or a third party, I'm less certain, but on the off chance that you are town, you're either tired of trying or mad with rolepower.

Unvote

Vote Eduren

So your solution to lurking since RVS and fairly literally doing nothing is to kill someone to gather information from their roleflip.

Grats on overtaking Spartan on the lynchlist?

I thought I posted yesterday...

Anyway, what I thought I posted yesterday is that I want to Unvote because ToonyMan is a Jester, and only hard evidence will make me believe otherwise.

Pandarsenic - Why did you jump on the Spartan bandwagon?
Lonewolf, this is your latest post and you don't have much to say otherwise. Don't you have any other suspicions or questions to ask?

Pandarsenic, how come you never got around to answering this, and what's your answer?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 26, 2010, 03:32:07 pm »

PS Org: In either case, why?
Callin out some scumness in him.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2010, 03:59:04 pm »

Org, care to tell us WHAT scumminess you are calling out?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 26, 2010, 04:18:28 pm »

Zath was pressing hard for Vector, then just stopped.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2010, 06:26:14 pm »

Unvote

Vote Eduren
What the fuck man. You are failing scum so hard I almost want to change my vote from Scum 117 to you.

You leave for days, only to return with more of the shit you've been pulling since the start: voting without reasons. If your net goes down, you damn well do not come in here and change your vote to a brand new bandwagon after you never explained your previous one. You still aren't giving reasons! You still haven't responded to any questions!

YOU JUST DON'T DO THAT

Ottofar is either scum or just not bright at all.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2010, 06:40:12 pm »

Can't or wouldn't? /offtopicrulesquestion

I thought I posted yesterday...

Anyway, what I thought I posted yesterday is that I want to Unvote because ToonyMan is a Jester, and only hard evidence will make me believe otherwise.

Pandarsenic - Why did you jump on the Spartan bandwagon?
Lonewolf, this is your latest post and you don't have much to say otherwise. Don't you have any other suspicions or questions to ask?
Anyone voting Spartan is suspicious to me at the moment.  I'd like a clear, concise explanation of the reasons for the bandwagon, and Pandar or Vector seem like the ones who would give one.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 26, 2010, 06:50:52 pm »

Anyone voting Spartan is suspicious to me at the moment.  I'd like a clear, concise explanation of the reasons for the bandwagon
I assume you don't mean to include me, as I didn't bandwagon. I also assume you mean to include Ottofar, as he only just jumped off that wagon and onto another.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 26, 2010, 07:08:51 pm »

Well, since you stuck with it even after it formed, then yes, you're suspicious.  Scum can get lucky sometimes.  And, yes, Otto is included among those suspicious (possibly the most suspicious right now), but I want to hear from Pandar or Vector.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 26, 2010, 10:09:12 pm »

Quote from: A Brief History of the SpartanWagon
Zai jumped on Spartan at the beginning of the game.
Spartan spooked.
Spartan proceeded to votehop like "a dog in a blender factory" (metaphor thanks to the ever-lovely Miss Vector).
Various players started chasing Spartan.
Spartan disappeared.
Some players were distracted by the Vector/Zathras battle.  Eduren went to Vectoria's side, rain running down the steep angles of his chilled cheekbones, and said simply this oh wait you wanted the short version.
Eduren came under suspicion by a few folks.
Ottofar popped out and said "Imma kill Eduren!  Bang!"
People started unvoting Spartan because he hadn't been stupid recently and Ottofar was being funktacular.

If you want something more detailed than that, I can provide it--but that's the basic shape of it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 26, 2010, 10:34:29 pm »

Org catches scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 26, 2010, 11:30:24 pm »

Can't or wouldn't? /offtopicrulesquestion
Can't.

Anyone voting Spartan is suspicious to me at the moment.  I'd like a clear, concise explanation of the reasons for the bandwagon
I assume you don't mean to include me, as I didn't bandwagon. I also assume you mean to include Ottofar, as he only just jumped off that wagon and onto another.
Uh huh, you voted Spartan so that's under Lonewolf's list, so you did.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 53