Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53

Author Topic: BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win  (Read 109803 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 1: Interesting Predicament...
« Reply #285 on: August 25, 2010, 08:21:33 pm »

By the way ain't it 9 ?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 25, 2010, 08:26:42 pm »

Central, pal. You got thirty.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 25, 2010, 08:27:19 pm »

EXTEND GUYS. DO IT NOW.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 25, 2010, 08:36:04 pm »

EXTEND GUYS. DO IT NOW.
There's already been like 4 people request one.

HOW MANY DO WE NEED
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 25, 2010, 08:36:12 pm »

Zathras - being an asshat.  [...]and generally more... kind.
Why, thank you. *blush*

Expect some grilling later, jerkabuddy.
Bring it on, scumface.

It is true that I voted Vector for meta reasons, and I may not be qualified to do so. So, I would ask those who do know her meta, except Eduren and Vector, to review these points and give their opinion:

a) She lurked with impunity for the entire game until 10 minutes before I joined (after IronyOwl prodded her). In the first two hundred posts, she has two contributions, on August 21 & 22, both contentless. Then silence until challenged.

b) Then a new guy comes and votes her, shines a light on her, and she responds with two meaty paragraphs of powerful vitriol. I submit that this was an act; an attempt to scare away the newbie and redirect the new attention away from her and to either the newbie or the vitriol, not to her game so far. I ask those of you who know her:

- Have you seen her doing something like this, when playing as town?
- Would this be within her repertoire, when playing as scum?
- If this is within her possible scum game, why would she do it, unless I was onto something?

c) Unable to avoid the light, she returns to activity. Among other things, this:
Eduren - lurking a lot and then... jumped to my defense.  I appreciate it, but I can take it from here =)  Please concentrate your efforts on finding scum, so that I don't have to worry that you're just buddying.

Oh, you don't have to worry -- we'll worry for you. Eduren did subtly tried to guide me away from Vector, which could be perfectly innocent... or not.

Which brings me to Eduren. In addition to the above, he had been just as quiet and lurky as Vector before, and then made this unforgivable slip:

On other things, what is your read of Toonyman's request of being night killed?
I think that what he is essentially doing is WIFOM. There's no way of actually determining his intentions, and if he is being sincere, he knows that there is no way that scum will follow his advice. Its not helpful to town, and frankly I don't like it.

Annoying it may be, but as has been pointed out, it is most certainly not WIFOM, unless you are scum. Toony is not presenting townies with an ambiguous and dangerous choice; that only applies to scum. You seeing it as such is clear indication that you are pondering your night kill with his gambit in mind. Eduren, you sir, are also scum.

Since I'd like to hear people's opinons on this, I too would like a Day Extension.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 25, 2010, 08:37:40 pm »

Sure, extension.  Reply to Zathras pending.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 25, 2010, 08:38:08 pm »

It is normal for Vector to post WOTs. And sometimes she lurks. I cant remember, I think it was BYOR PE?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 25, 2010, 08:43:27 pm »

Never mind... brb, watching Inception  ::)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 25, 2010, 08:43:36 pm »

Yeah see what Zathras said at the bottom of the post, I mentioned that earlier.

I don't remember Vector ever doing what she did earlier today so I couldn't put it on either side.  I think she's suspicious though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 25, 2010, 08:47:31 pm »

Extensions in my game only requires more people saying for than against. Yes, one person can extend the game by his or herself.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 25, 2010, 08:48:18 pm »

Annoying it may be, but as has been pointed out, it is most certainly not WIFOM, unless you are scum. Toony is not presenting townies with an ambiguous and dangerous choice; that only applies to scum. You seeing it as such is clear indication that you are pondering your night kill with his gambit in mind.
Bull motherfucking shit.

"Hey guys. I'm useless, but I have a useful role only if scum kills me. Now I just need them to kill me. But don't worry, I'm ensuring that they won't by telling them to NK me while saying it's good for town if they do. Just don't lynch me."

It may not be WIFOM, but it sure as fuck comes off like he might be setting up an excuse for later, when he's not dead yet.

[PPE:] THEN WHY DON'T WE HAVE A GODDAMN EXTENSION YET THEN?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 25, 2010, 08:48:56 pm »

And how long will that extension be ?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 25, 2010, 08:50:38 pm »

Annoying it may be, but as has been pointed out, it is most certainly not WIFOM, unless you are scum. Toony is not presenting townies with an ambiguous and dangerous choice; that only applies to scum. You seeing it as such is clear indication that you are pondering your night kill with his gambit in mind.
Bull motherfucking shit.

"Hey guys. I'm useless, but I have a useful role only if scum kills me. Now I just need them to kill me. But don't worry, I'm ensuring that they won't by telling them to NK me while saying it's good for town if they do. Just don't lynch me."

It may not be WIFOM, but it sure as fuck comes off like he might be setting up an excuse for later, when he's not dead yet.

[PPE:] THEN WHY DON'T WE HAVE A GODDAMN EXTENSION YET THEN?
That's quite a bit of assuming, it stretches the mind beyond believe Zai.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2010, 08:52:08 pm »

It is normal for Vector to post WOTs.

Walls of text, yes. Walls of invective, explosive vitriol? Do you recall? Would you say it's likelier for scum Vector, town Vector, or just I'm-tired-leave-me-alone Vector?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 25, 2010, 09:11:19 pm »

It is normal for Vector to post WOTs.

Walls of text, yes. Walls of invective, explosive vitriol? Do you recall? Would you say it's likelier for scum Vector, town Vector, or just I'm-tired-leave-me-alone Vector?
Meh.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53