Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 53

Author Topic: BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win  (Read 109709 times)

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 1: Interesting Predicament...
« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2010, 11:05:21 pm »

Posting to establish presence: I've been pretty engrossed with the Beginner's Mafia game, and neglecting this one at it's expense. And now Zathras is here, so he can call me on lurking in either game: deceitful bastard. >:(

By the way, way to punch vector in the snout to establish dominance scumhunting.

"Yes, he's taking a refuge in audacity".
He's obviously doing this or is a Jester. There is no alternative.
No I'm not, enough with the labels on ToonyMan through all his games.

@Eduren:
How is it WIFOM to you?  I would think only somebody who can night kill would think it's WIFOM.
Unless you're scum, in which case...

Well, you can see how it works.
I'm not seeing it.

You may be annoying as all get out, but you're not dense and I am getting sick of your playing stupid and whining about always getting voted the first day.

I still think Toony is scummy, but having seen his "magic" over my roommate's shoulder in the supernatural mafia and the fairly common feeling among the game that he's just being "toonyman", I'm unvoting and I wouldn't mind a side of Day Extension either.

I would love it Spartan would show up and face the music (here and BM).

Mysterybluepuppet, you've posted over the last couple days, but nothing substantial. In fact not a lot of your posts have been much more than single lines, sometimes coincidentally having a vote in them. You've been here since day one and have yet to make any substantial claims and even vote for a guy (me) who, as you claim, had the same suspicions (toonyman) as you did without any good reasons?

All from me for tonight; I promise to post something larger tomorrow.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2010, 11:13:16 pm »

Been out and about for the most part. Unvote Spartan, though I'm still keeping an eye on you.

Eduren, why are you coming after me for lurking - not only that, but you do so by using the argument right above yours, which, as you say, is one of my faults. In addition, you say yourself that lurking isn't even a big deal.

As a further point, I'd like to ask why you're covering for Vector and ignoring the lurking from others such as Pandar. To answer your question, I don't have any scumbuddies because I'm Town.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 24, 2010, 11:34:23 pm »

By the way, way to punch vector in the snout to establish dominance scumhunting.

I know. Flashy entrance, eh?

While you are here, let me ask you: what are your four top scum picks at the moment, and why? And if you were scum, who would you drop tonight?

And while I'm here, I'll ask IronyOwl: do you see Eduren's lurking as a scumtell? would you vote in favour of lynching Spartan if the end of day comes and yours is the deciding vote?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 24, 2010, 11:36:45 pm »

Been out and about for the most part. Unvote Spartan, though I'm still keeping an eye on you.

Eduren, why are you coming after me for lurking - not only that, but you do so by using the argument right above yours, which, as you say, is one of my faults. In addition, you say yourself that lurking isn't even a big deal.
Lurking isn't the main reason that I am voting you. Far from it. I'm voting you for being a scummy asshat. (I wrote that entire post before I saw IronyOwl's btw)

You got on the Spartan bandwagon with no reasoning, and no intention of really scumhunting, and you have jumped off of it in the lamest way possible. How has Spartan suddenly redeemed himself?

As a further point, I'd like to ask why you're covering for Vector and ignoring the lurking from others such as Pandar. To answer your question, I don't have any scumbuddies because I'm Town.
I was informing the new player how things are done around here. He seemed be unfamiliar with our ways.

Also, you seem to be casting a lot of suspicion my way. Wanna actually vote me?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2010, 01:32:55 am »

All right.  Here's the scoop, guys.  It's not as thorough as I'd like it to be at this point, but I figured I'd list my current reads to see what we can get.

TheBroodyMoods - I think I am in love with this man's incredibly chill playstyle.  He reminds me of a slightly less spiky and audacious CK.  Alignment?  Er... working on it.  Need to question him.

Zai - Being very active and wielding the Whip of Justice.  Given my near-certainty of Spartan's scummitude and my knowledge of Zai/Spartan, I'm willing to bet that this isn't a staged fight (though I'll admit that my intel on Zai's meta is sketchy at best).  As such, he's certified town in my book.

Pandarsenic - sidelining.  My feeling is that he's probably just being lazy, especially because he's being surprisingly calm under questioning.  My experience of Pandarsenic is that he's typically a lot more jumpy as scum, particularly when doing anything remotely dangerous--so town, for now.

Org - Seems to be doing all right.  Town for now, since he's being surprisingly non-useless.  Keep it up, Org.

Lonewolf I - I think he's lurking more in this game than he has been in others.  I need to examine his posts far more closely if I'm going to get anywhere with him.

Jokerman-EXE - Same as above, but subtract lurking.  A quick glance makes him look townish.  I haven't seen any slips.

Zathras - being an asshat.  On the other hand, he's probably town.  Kind of reminds me of Free Beer (except admittedly less emasculating and generally more... kind.  ... Long story.).  I'm withholding judgment on him right now for reasons that should be completely obvious to anyone who knows my history.  Expect some grilling later, jerkabuddy.

Spartan117 - He's scum.  Noobs in general don't have the subterfuge to run a joker game this good, and the votehopping business reminds me very much of some of my early scum games.

Ottofar - Heavy-duty lurking.  I don't recognize any of his tells, but the sample size is so small that I can't do much with it.  Please post more.  I'll have questions for you soon.

Mysteriousbluepuppet - Serious sidelining, though he does post a lot.  Please try to be more active and involved.  I think you're a noob townie right now.

Toaster - Seems surprisingly inactive in this game, especially when compared to his activity in BMIII.  Needs more questioning.

IronyOwl - Not sure.  He's pretty posting-light and his early game looked bad, but on the other hand he held up well under fire.  I can't say he reads scum so much as slightly negligent at the moment.

Eduren - lurking a lot and then... jumped to my defense.  I appreciate it, but I can take it from here =)  Please concentrate your efforts on finding scum, so that I don't have to worry that you're just buddying.

ToonyMan - I'm actually pretty sure that his shtick is the same thing that he pulled in BYOR... 2?  The one where he had that Roosevelt role, and spent the entire time saying he was invincible + being completely useless.  My guess is that he's a townie that honest to goodness actually wants to be nightkilled.  He slipped and said that thing about it being great for the town, and he's not the sort of person who shows up in the first post of the game with a weird gambit like that.

More some other time.  Sorry for snapping like that.  There's been a lot of demands on my time recently, so I'm a bit more sensitive about it than I really should be.  I also got a bit lazy about my playstyle now that there's no S rank to fight for >_>;;  We'd probably do well to reinstate the ranking system at some point (but that's a topic for another thread).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2010, 05:03:51 am »

God damn, I am liking the new guy.

And while I'm here, I'll ask IronyOwl: do you see Eduren's lurking as a scumtell? would you vote in favour of lynching Spartan if the end of day comes and yours is the deciding vote?

Eduren's lurking has been pretty severe, but the posts he does have are all either useful or not directly game-related. They're also reasonably dense near the end of the thread, so I'm leaning more towards townie who hasn't had time to play until now. The high chatter-to-content ratio is concerning, but it seems dense enough to be something he's doing in addition to actual playing, rather than instead of.

I'd probably vote for Spartan if it came down to it. The issue I have here is that we know for a fact he's screwing up- this isn't some subtle anti-town ploy, this is facepalmingly bad failure. Normally, scumtells are things so incompetently bad for town that they have to be malice- but here, we're talking about incompetent malice. Discerning malicious incompetence from normal incompetence can be tricky, and I'm not sure we've got him on anything scum would want to do in that manner.

That said, we simply don't have any better targets, and he's firmly in the No Big Loss pile anyway. It just feels more like housekeeping than scumlynching.

- Toonyman. Interesting move asking to be night killed. He has, however, used it as a tool to avoid doing anything useful, which is bad for town.
Now for your suspicions, if the mafia kill me town should have no problems for the rest of the game.  I'm not some jester, jesters want to be lynched.

God damn it Toony. No less than three separate people have brought this up, and you respond to Zathras' question with "Don't worry about me not being useful, if this one thing happens my ROLE will do all the work!" I am FAR too sleepy to write up a full rant about you, but the notion that you are a jester is looking FANTASTIC. Do you have anything to say for yourself that doesn't involve how awesome it'll be if somebody nightkills you?

Unvote Jokerman-EXE

Ottofar. This is every post you've had in the game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is every useful post you've had in the game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Are we seeing the problem?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2010, 05:16:07 am »

I'd probably vote for Spartan if it came down to it. The issue I have here is that we know for a fact he's screwing up- this isn't some subtle anti-town ploy, this is facepalmingly bad failure. Normally, scumtells are things so incompetently bad for town that they have to be malice- but here, we're talking about incompetent malice. Discerning malicious incompetence from normal incompetence can be tricky, and I'm not sure we've got him on anything scum would want to do in that manner.

That said, we simply don't have any better targets, and he's firmly in the No Big Loss pile anyway. It just feels more like housekeeping than scumlynching.

So you'd lynch him, but you don't think he's scum?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2010, 09:22:19 am »

Unvote criptfeind Zathras.  So much for that RV.
However Zathras, I'll ask you the same RV question: If you had to pick two people here to be your scumbuddies, who would you choose?  Who do you think does the best job as town here?

Jokerman:

As to who's mafiakilled, I'd bet an experienced player. Pandarsenic, Toony, Zai, maybe Toaster or myself. It's hard to tell.

I feel like you're buddying me here.  I'm not that experienced.

MysteriousBluePuppet:  I asked you if your view of the game had cleared up.  You said you were looking and would get back to me.  Here are your two posts after that:

oh wow, o people, i guess it be better to dooze off for a bit,

Fudge is never bad, ounless you fudge something, then it's bad

You very much so did not answer my question, nor are you contributing.  Why do you think it is OK to not attack anyone?  Who do you think is scum, and why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 25, 2010, 09:31:37 am »

Indeed, now that i'm back to my appartment, i'll answer

I still think that Zai is scum. Proof, i do not have, beign the first day, but  of all the games of werewolves ( that's the scum in french) i played most of the time it's one of the agressive questionner that cause the trouble. Also, i dislike the way he dumb down the quotes of other, even if it is to make other respond and incriminate themselve. He's distorting what the others have said, and that cause more and more doubt.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 25, 2010, 09:41:27 am »

You're claiming "Too Townie" here, and that is a pretty weak argument.  Your quote distortion argument I can see, even if I don't agree with it.

Is that all?  No one else looks like scum to you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 25, 2010, 09:48:27 am »

Well I don't know what Toonie would be, Refuge in audacity townie or scum, possibly. If he has is way, people wont lynch him the day, and at night he can scum all he want. 

Also, Ottofar is pretty much not doing anything. It's not a proof but that ain,t good too.

for the rest i havent made an opinion yet.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 25, 2010, 12:41:19 pm »

Lurking isn't the main reason that I am voting you. Far from it. I'm voting you for being a scummy asshat. (I wrote that entire post before I saw IronyOwl's btw)

You got on the Spartan bandwagon with no reasoning, and no intention of really scumhunting, and you have jumped off of it in the lamest way possible. How has Spartan suddenly redeemed himself?

I was informing the new player how things are done around here. He seemed be unfamiliar with our ways.

Also, you seem to be casting a lot of suspicion my way. Wanna actually vote me?

Eduren. "Being a scummy asshat"? And what, pray tell, goes into being a scummy asshat? Let's see some evidence.

Hardly an excuse since you're informed that there's been a post.

You have this belief that bandwagoning is, by definition, scummy, and you're [/i]wrong[/i]. If someone is being a total scumbucket (ie: votehopping, being jumpy, and playing in a really weird way) - as Spartan was - then it's only natural for people to want to vote them. As far as I'm concerned, Spartan is still scum; likely your scumbuddy. Thing is, he's already slipped up enough that I feel I can focus on more experienced scum like you.

Informing him of our ways? More like buddying up to Vector.

Jokerman:
As to who's mafiakilled, I'd bet an experienced player. Pandarsenic, Toony, Zai, maybe Toaster or myself. It's hard to tell.

Lol. Sort of a stretch, don't you think? But I see where you got confused; I wasn't saying that you're experienced, per se, but as I was looking at the list of names I was looking at who's played more than like, two games. Which is most of the people I listed. :I
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2010, 12:46:27 pm »

God damn it Toony. No less than three separate people have brought this up, and you respond to Zathras' question with "Don't worry about me not being useful, if this one thing happens my ROLE will do all the work!" I am FAR too sleepy to write up a full rant about you, but the notion that you are a jester is looking FANTASTIC. Do you have anything to say for yourself that doesn't involve how awesome it'll be if somebody nightkills you?
I mentioning it enough so that everybody knows, everybody is a suspect you know.  I'm not just going to sit hear and do nothing though, oh no, that's not Toony's style.

Don't be so modest, you can do stuff.  Being modest will let you sneak around more too, which isn't good.

@Eduren:
Don't like what you're doing at all.  Every god damn time you do this lurking thing only responding when called upon you turn up scum.  You're like up the list man.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 25, 2010, 12:49:51 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic - Lonewolf I,
Org -
Lonewolf I -
Jokerman-EXE - Spartan117, Eduren,
Zathras -
Spartan117 - Zai, Org, Ottofar, Pandarsenic, Vector,
Ottofar - IronyOwl,
TheBroodyMoods -
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Toaster,
Vector - Zathras,
Toaster -
IronyOwl -
Eduren - Jokerman-EXE,
ToonyMan -
Zai - Mysteriousbluepuppet, ToonyMan,

Not Voting - TheBroodyMoods,

Day Ends on Wednesday at 9 PM Central. 8 to Hammer. 1 Extension Requested.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 25, 2010, 02:10:31 pm »

While you are here, let me ask you: what are your four top scum picks at the moment, and why? And if you were scum, who would you drop tonight?

I don't know that I have a "scum team" in mind, but here are four I don't much like the look of:

Toony - for his flimflams, dodging questions, and feinting ignorance

Spartan 117- being jumpy and unclear, bandwagoning, trying as hard as possible not to answer any questions directly. Also, lurking after being spotted and not trying at all to defend himself in the least, claiming he is looking for "scum tells" but not sharing anything.

Mysterybluepuppet- Very little in the way of content, most of his posts being two sentences or less that occasionally have a vote in them, a couple of the votes being rather empty and devoid of explanation and then claiming he was suspicious of someone else but keeping his vote where it was. Also, both him and toony are voting for Zai, despite previously suspecting Toonyman- Why the sudden change of heart Mystery? Why not pursue your hunch on Toony?

Ottofar- Scummy too, he votes org, catches a little flak for it and than spartan votes Org and draws aggro from just about the entire thread. He jumps onto the Spartan bandwagon as if nothing ever happened and he was not suspicious in the least, saying that "Org has been making sense the entire game". He has been lurking ever since he landed his vote on an easy lynch.

As for your second question, I am not rolling scum. I have predictions however: I could easily see myself, Toony or Vector gone. I say myself because I am not drawing a lot of suspicion, and not informing in anyway who the scum may be. Toony because he's just double dog daring them too- that is if he isn't scum. and Vector just because she's a good player, who if got more involved in the game likely wreck some havoc. Obviously, there are others, that's just my thoughts on the matter.

TheBroodyMoods - I think I am in love with this man's incredibly chill playstyle.  He reminds me of a slightly less spiky and audacious CK.  Alignment?  Er... working on it.  Need to question him.

D'aww, thanks. I hope you don't think I'm being too passive, now. I spectated (without spoilers) the Beginner's Mafia you and Ottofar won, and I know you can be slippery. Nice, but slippery; you did a great job of alienating yourself from him, which I am trying to watch out for in here.

Pandersenic: Most of your recent posts have been akin to one liners, asking a single question. Particularly your last post questioning Irony-owl's thoughts on Spartan. It seemed like a much larger thought that you cut off at the knees. Why? How come none of your questions seem to have follow-ups? What are your actual thoughts on what Ironyowl said? Are you suspecting her of being scum buddies with Spartan?

I'll be back later to check on things and people. sorry, not much energy right now.

And I would like to vote for a Day Extension once more.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 53