Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Expedition Roguelike  (Read 47998 times)

slashie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expedition Roguelike
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2011, 07:28:27 am »

Yes, the colony part is not really too developed for now. But it's on the plans for the future. Same goes for naval battles.

I will add better colony management in v0.5.

However, it will differ from colonization in the sense that your expedition will be the center of action, you won't be handling multiple units for instance.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2011, 10:58:38 am »

How on earth you can play this game? I mean I gave about 20 attempts on building colony but sailing back to europe seems impossible.
has anyone managed to sail back to europe?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2011, 11:36:13 am »

I was able to get back to Europe but I couldn't find the home city once I got there. To get back, I had to starve most of my crew and I stocked up on fruit by standing over the settlement I made and waiting (you can scavenge a lot more fruit from the settlement, and if you have farms that will let you stock up on wheat too.) You will have to spend a lot of time stocking up, unfortunately. And then it's a matter of finding where the home city is.
Nothing important here, move along.

slashie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2011, 11:51:51 am »

The best way is to sail north the caribbean a bit and then sail northeast. Don't try to sail the whole atlantic against the wind or you will perish! Don't go into storms else your ships will crack apart!

Also, you should really take note of the location of the home port, in order to find it easily on your way back.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2011, 03:11:30 pm »

How to earn money besides raiding locals?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2011, 05:02:06 pm »

Hi! Did you try using the .bat files?

Yes I did. I get "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Press any key to continue . . . ".

Pressing any key closes the DOS popup.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2011, 05:53:11 pm »

Since you don't have to populate colonies with people, is there a specific use for the colonist pop type? Or are they just leftover from old times?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2011, 06:06:04 pm »

I think it's time I try this game out

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2011, 10:20:38 pm »

Figured out colonies (though you still don't need colonists for farms to work, and so I still wonder what they're basically for.)

I have a new question now: How do I heal people? My last party staid wounded for a year before dying at sea on the journey to Spain. Will there be hospitals there? I didn't see any...
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2011, 10:43:27 pm »

can someone tell me where the .exe is located?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2011, 10:47:32 pm »

There's no .exe, use expedition-gfx.bat (or -char, if you want an authentic "rogue-like" experience)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2011, 11:00:29 pm »

i tried that. but got the no java found error.

of course, i could just copy java into the folder. usualy fixes it.

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

slashie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2011, 06:59:10 am »

Hi! Did you try using the .bat files?

Yes I did. I get "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Press any key to continue . . . ".

Pressing any key closes the DOS popup.

You don't seem to have java installed, please download it from http://java.com/download/ , then you can run the jar files

can someone tell me where the .exe is located?
Same

@a1s: IIRC colonists help you grow the size of your colonies so you can get better titles with the Kings. Also, there's no way to heal your units right now (other than death), I'll priorize that up for v0.3 RC2 (Hoping to release today)

@dwarfhoplite: You can trade with the locals and sell back their culture things in Spain

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2011, 08:53:40 am »

Slashie.

I found that you cannot cancel the transfer from ships menu when the player is only player on board (every sailor put in settlement)

It says i must disembark before i can exit that menu but you can't disembark before you have transfered something to shore.
But when i try to transfer something it says someone must carry it but i have no carriers since everyone is in the settlement, except the leader of the expedition who will not carry.

My fine game ended because i wasn't able to exit this menu

hope it makes sense
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 09:01:55 am by dwarfhoplite »

slashie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2011, 09:01:59 am »

Hi!

If I understand correctly you could transfer all units into a settlement? What version was this on?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16