Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: death abbey (succesion game)  (Read 5360 times)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: death abbey (succesion game)
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 10:26:27 am »

If you are still newbies then you should go do something easier. Like the calmest on the evil if you still want undead. Oh and to get an image just press print screen and then it copies the current picture. All you have to do is paste it somewhere. Like paint if you don't have anything else.

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 03:19:16 pm »

oh thx ive wondered how it worked. btw about us being newbies and it being too difficult. well i want this arr to be diffrent.

uh the picture thing doesnt seem to work. i press print screen and theres nothing then i right click somewhere yet it doesnt say paste.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:24:00 pm by cameron1124 »

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 07:56:06 pm »

2 moar people please 2 moar people.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 01:33:41 am »

OK lets get this print screen thing over with!
Here is how to do it with paint. Just click print screen. If you want to be sure click it again a few times. It does no harm. Just overwrites the previous picture. But with the same picture all the time it will do nothing bad. Then open paint. If it is already open then click some sort of tool because there are some occasions where you can't paste because something else is happening. Then from the top of screen find the button edit. Click it and then click the button paste. It should now be pasted. If it isn't and you are sure you did everything I said above it's broken.
Oh and if anyone wants a version of the dwarf therapist for 0.31.12 then I can give it. Not everything might be working properly but it should work. So if it doesn't work don't come complaining to me.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:36:50 am by ottottott »

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 06:33:22 am »

well now i dont know how to put it into a post. everything else is working for me.

Yes i am noob, i know

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 06:39:27 am »

Well everyone has to learn somehow. Another explanation GO!
After saving the picture to your computer you have to upload it. I use photobucket or imageshack but there are other things to use too. After uploading just get the direct link to the image. (It has to be the direct link. The one where all you can see is the image.) Then paste the direct link to your post and select all of it. Then press 1 of the 2 most left buttons on the lower row. The buttons are above your text. Don't count the smileys as buttons. The 1st one is for a picture and the 2nd one is for a link. Oh the buttons aren't there in quick reply mode.

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 10:59:54 am »

cameron suspends start game: civilization 4

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 11:27:10 am »

So you have done 3 failed tries and now you're stopping? So no more Death Abbey? Or is the next person just gonna continue?

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 06:47:40 pm »

So you have done 3 failed tries and now you're stopping? So no more Death Abbey? Or is the next person just gonna continue?
I will get a game going. Just tell me what you want before midnight.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2010, 02:23:22 am »

Ehehe! For me you posted at midnight. 2:47 at night.
But if it's still before midnight for you. Just get something that seems normal. Not too easy and not too hard. Please not bigger than a 10 tile embark rectangle. You should choose the dwarves yourself. Just post who the 7 dwarves were. Their name, gender and skills. Then choose 1 and give him/her your nickname and let us choose 1 dwarf each to who to put his/her nickname. Just remember to post what dwarves have been taken too.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2010, 08:35:34 am »

The Journal of Cappstv
1st Granite, 402, Early Spring,
We arrive today at our new home, Death Abbey. Or do to a typo on part of the mountain home, Deathabbey. I took one look at the surrounding area and realize something terrible. We were atop of a frozen river. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the resulting chaos I end up on the other side of the river then as my men, one of our men go missing, and another falls into the river. Today is going to be a long day.

OCC: We have a woodcutter, 2 miners and a diagnosisor.
Edit: Sorry, there is a carpenter too
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:45:47 pm by cappstv »
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 08:58:55 am »

OK... So... 1 died mysteriously (He/she is dead now right? Not just missing. You can see it with z or u.) and 1 drowned in the river? So the 4 you listed there are the remaining minus the 1 you took? So I will take a miner. Preferably male but female will do if there is no male. Oh and please post my characters sheet here.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 03:34:26 pm »

Missing as in my character didnt know where he is. He's still around.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 05:41:11 pm »

So what's the score with this ? Are there slots available ? Who's in ? How long do we get in real time ? Has matey who started it jumped ship before we even left harbour ? Will I stop asking questions ? :)
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 07:04:38 pm »

4th Granite,
I found our missing person on the same side of the river as me. He was fishing. Me and him stood by the river, when Ottottott saw us from the other side. I told him to keep working on the fortress and that we would find a way over there. He yelled back that not all of the river melted.

7th Granite,
I finish my profile on Ottottott.

9th Granite,
Me and the not so lost now dwarf made are way across the frozen ice. If this hasn't melt yet, I don't think it will ever melt.

15th Granite,
It melted.

22nd Granite,
Now that I am back on the side of the river I am suppose to be, I hand the miners the blue prints. They are a tad bit puzzle by them, and I can understand why they would be. I just hope they don't ask too many questions.

25th Granite,
My comrades have grown intolerable. They choose to say one of the following lines,
"When are we getting beds"
"When are we moving the supplies inside"
"When are we going to eat"
"When are we going to drink"
Little do they know of how small they are. How unimportant these simple needs are compare to the actual work I have given them They don't know of what I plan on to accomplish. All I want them to do is help me. Help me murder a God.

The mason may be dead, yet his body is still very useful. At least he won't be complaining.

2nd Slate,
Elves are such dirty creatures. All Elves are the same. They are snobby noble tree loving Mary Sues. That is why if I ever see an Elf come into this fortress, I am going to kill it and burn it. Such a waste really, of a shell, but its what they deserve. As they don't use what was put on this earth by the Gods to serve us, I won't use the bodies of the leafers that Megob gives me.

I feel as if there is a shadow over me, watching me. It doesn't feel like what I would suspect Megob's shadow to feel like. You think the god of muck's shadow would feel more murky.

6th Slate,
We are going to need magma to kill a God. Megob still hasn't told me which god we are murdering or why for that matter, and he doesn't know who the mysterious watcher is. I just know that after this, they will never underestimate me or Megob again. They said a woman like me would never accomplish anything. They were wrong.

11th Slate,
Megob's whispers are growing more and more frequent, and with them my shouts to hurry up. My contract only lasts for one year. And I don't know how much its going to take to kill a god, but I suspect its a lot.

15th Slate,
I am starting to feel different, more muck like. I pray and thank Megob.

17th Slate,
Megob whispers me so often now, how he is going to make me his queen. I feel so mucky and loved these days. Megob tells me we don't need magma to kill a god. We just need water, and we got plenty of that! Megob keeps on telling me to be careful, and don't listen to the whispers of the other, of the shadow. He tells me that he will make it all mucky so I can't barely hear it. He tells me that when we are done with all that god killing that everything shall be mucky! The whole world will be ours, and that we shall finally get what is ours. And together we shall turn this green world into one of muck. No more elves and their trees, just muck! Each time I go to sleep in night I now melt away into muck. It is so peaceful.

22nd Slate,
The days are going be so slowly now, but everything feels so muck and blissful. Megob takes really good care of me. Megob tells me that he will always take care of me. Megob tells me to give in to the bliss and the muck. I feel it now, the muck creeping over me, taking over for me. I feel myself becoming the muck. It feels so good to be with Megob. But each time I am about to melt into the muck forever, my body stops it. But everyday Megob comes closer to me, closer to controlling me. It feels so good to have a friend. It feels so good to lose control. I love Megob. I love muck. I want to be muck. Muck, muck, muck. I love the sound of it. Nothing but muck.

24th Slate,
Stupid shadow! Megob tells me that is what is stopping him from becoming his! Why won't the shadow let me melt into muck! Me and Megob are suppose to be happy! How are we suppose to be happy if I can't become muck! If I am not muck how can Megob love me! All Megob wants is control of my body for a little while! Why won't the shadow allow it. I am suppose to be Megob's bride, we are suppose to kill a God! Megob tells me that he is making it even more mucky so the shadow can't stop Megob no more.

26th Slate,
Its so mucky now. I can't barely see, I just let Megob lead the way. He holds my hand and I follow him. He whispers in my ear what he wants me to say. Megob takes real good care to me. I never want to be without him, without the muck.

5th Felsite,
Megob loves me
Megob loves me
Megob loves me
Megob loves me

12th Felsite,
SILLY OTTOTTOTT! YOU ARE GOING TO DROWN DOWN THERE! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE! YOU MADE IT YAY!

15th Felsite,
I feel so nice thinking nothing, just doing. Just doing what Megob wants. If I do what Megob wants I get a reward. But now days I don't even care about the reward! The real reward is doing what Megob wants!

27th Felsite,
Tonight is the night! The shadow just went away! Megob is taking over for me now! I don't need this journal any more, I got Megob!

All entries by Cappstv end here by this point. The hand writing switches from loopy to stiff.

29th Felsite,
Megob here, I believe in keeping records and what do you know, this woman has a journal. Hmm, I don't know what I feel about this body. I prefer to take the image of a male dwarf. What do I care, I'm just here to make sure my god killing goes as plan, and now that thing is gone it should be easy.

OOC: Thats it for today, except i may play a little bit tonight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5