Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: insta death bug on adv mode?  (Read 1278 times)

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
insta death bug on adv mode?
« on: August 08, 2010, 04:23:23 pm »

while i was trying to conquer a dark fortress, i killed my way up a tower filled with dumb goblins who cant tell which modded material is which (for example, goblins wearing full freezium armor who turn into ice cubes shortly after) and i went up to the top of the tower, and suddenly my character was paralyzed in his whole body. i was really confused, and since my character was not breathing either, i decided to make him skeleton using runesmith. he somehow slowly moved and attacked the lone goblin when he suddenly collapsed, making him dead. even removing the dead tags and such that could atleast allow him live as a bodyless ghost didnt work, he just died of "collapsing" a frame later. i then decided to delete him off the game, which causes you to posses a nearby thing, which unsuprisely caused me to posses a random dead goblin, i revive him and then the idiot goblin i couldnt kill comes to my new character, attacking him and crashing the game (since there was nothing to attack).

why did the paralyze and collapse death happened?

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: insta death bug on adv mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 04:28:51 pm »

skeletal hero's in general is bad, mainly because it's not supposed to happen... apparently 'collapse' is another word for, the freaks out that your a skeleton and makes you explode, shooting stuff everywhere, you further glitched the game by going etheral, then FURTHER gliched it by possesing a goblin, then FURTHER gliched it by attacking your etheral self...

so far, everything wrong is ya own damn fault, except for the paralysis, I have no idea whats up with that, where you bit by a phantom spider?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 04:29:17 pm »

Maybe your mod included something that causes a syndrome and somehow came in contact with your adventurer?

Did you breath in any funny gases?

Also, phantom spiders aren't venomous in the current version, probably because paralysis = death with the new venom system and Toady didn't want that coming from vermin so he took it out until the next significant venom update.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 04:31:25 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 04:40:04 pm »

all i added where some metals and materials, and they cant be posioned, arent they?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 05:12:38 pm »

any metals or materials can be posioned just only in some states.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

ohzee00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 07:03:43 pm »

how do you even use runesmith? i have it and i cant make it work. :-\

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 04:31:09 am »

any metals or materials can be posioned just only in some states.

well i think solids cant (i hope?) and i dont know how to make them posioned anyway.

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 09:12:12 am »

Did you fight the Goblin LawGiver.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 10:23:08 am »

Did you fight the Goblin LawGiver.

there was one but he froze him self to death with frozen extracts before i could even reach him. i DID got hit several times by boiling extracts from a demon in the caverns, which were frozen but i stupidly decided to throw a bonfire on him resulting in a boling extract explosion before i could escape. i got no damage though.

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 11:16:22 am »

The extract may have cause for you to be infected.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 11:48:58 am »

strange, because after i killed the demon in the caverns i also killed another dark fortress, doing 2 quests on the nearby human city, traveled to the dark fortress i died in while having 3 ambushes by wolfs on the way there.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 02:36:23 pm »

Perhaps the maximum value for delaying of random FB and hfs syndromes is higher than expected, causing the extract to remain dormant in your system for a very long time. With everything else you did, I'd have to say you most likely goof'd up at multiple points before this with runesmith and created a (series of) horrible error(s) which you're very lucky only caused strange syndrome-related effects, until you attempted to attack your incorporeal soul, causing absolute chaos on your processor.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 02:43:03 pm »

Perhaps the maximum value for delaying of random FB and hfs syndromes is higher than expected, causing the extract to remain dormant in your system for a very long time. With everything else you did, I'd have to say you most likely goof'd up at multiple points before this with runesmith and created a (series of) horrible error(s) which you're very lucky only caused strange syndrome-related effects, until you attempted to attack your incorporeal soul, causing absolute chaos on your processor.

i didnt tried to attack my self, by possessing the dead goblin you have to delete what you possessed before. and the goblin i tried to kill before attacked me.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 02:58:27 pm »

Ah, I misunderstood. Doesn't change much, however.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.