Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Dwarvenization - DF Civilization. (Parallel Game) - PAUSED - Spots Still Open  (Read 8201 times)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DF has an unholy lurning curve as-is (well by itself)

CIVI isn't too bad a lurning curve, just kinda hard...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually you know what....
Round Two will include mods...

I am just gonna upload the world map and you guys can edit the raws so that your civ is playable. Try and remember which Nation is yours, I included the names of them on the Player List...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right Round 1 Can start when people are ready to. It will be using World One Map, there is no mods or anything changed other then Civ Controllable tags on every race, players will just need to transfer the Noble Requirements from the Dwarven Entity segment to that of their chosen race...

I would like some feedback on the choice of possible mods for the next round, that includes custom workshops and even full body mods like Fauna and Flora mods that I have seen in the Modding section. You will have 50years to build up your civ using the Challenges provided, remember that it will take a year gap before you can build the next challenge. So in truth you have less then 50 Years...

Remember this is a full trial version of the final round, which will be including alot more then what is on offer now. Feedback, ideas and even more eyes and hands from new players area always welcome...

Dwarvenization Round One is a Zip File, it is 2.18 MB large. This includes only the Region file...
Good luck...

Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Where can I embark? Any where?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the First post in the first section of Simplified Rules...

The one thing to note is that Each Challenge can only be placed into your First Region Map (the one that contains the Capital) with an allowance of One Tile free around each one, meaning that there is no placing a Village on the Tiles Directly next to the capital or any other Village. If there is no space in that Tile for you to Legally place a Village, you are allowed to move to the Next Region Tile that is One World Tile away from the Capital...

When it comes the time that you have filled all Possible and Legal Positions on your Region Map, you are able to Move into another at the cost of 1 Security per Tile that is traveled away from the Capital, 1 for one tile, 2 for 2 and so on. Moving in a method that is not a straight line is counted by the amount of Steps it takes to reach your new location...

From the Spoiler Rules of the Civilization Challenge...

Building you Civilization:
Each Civilization starts with One Capital and One Region Tile to Build in, where then they are able to build up their Nation through completing Challenges and expanding their Points, each level of challenge presents certain limits on their size, for example a Town can be no more then 3x3 Region Tiles and a Village can be no more then 2x2, and there is a limit on how Close a village/town can not be placed next to another, requiring a certain distance, making it harder and harder to find a good location to build up for the next challenge. Expanding into another Region Tile requires a certain amount of Security to spent of conquering it from the Wild, a Watchtower is able to be used to reclaim the lost Security and mark that Tile as your own.

Each player must make use of All available tiles within a Region Map before they are able to expand into another World Tile, this means that some Nations will be forced to remain in One Region tile for much longer then others. If your Capital is in a location where it alone fits within the Region map and no other Challenge can be built, the player is allowed to look into the next available maps for their next choice, though they may only move one tile away from the Capital...

Building Challenges within a Region might seem easy but when choosing the location of the next challenge the player must allow for One tile at minimum to be between it and another...
See Example below...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To expand into another world tile, the player must not only have enough Resource Points to build a Garrison but also enough Security Points equal to the Distance the World Tile is away from the Capital. If a Player chooses to build their Nation bunched up over the space of 2x2 area with For Expansions, the cost of doing so would only be 1 Security each time they Expand. But if they chose to expand into a Tile that is 3 tiles away from the capital then that will equal 3 Security and so forth. Later on the Player will be able to move their Capital to a different location, when doing so they will need to Triple the Security Cost to move it there. If a Player Does move their Capital, the old Capital will be come a Random City Challenge...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:06:53 pm by Neyvn »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Thanks. Haven't checked OP in a while. Will start later today.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which folder do you find the raws for races? Also do I have to remove civ controllable from the dwarves?
Join the new Hermit Succession

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which folder do you find the raws for races? Also do I have to remove civ controllable from the dwarves?
Open the folder where the game is kept.
Open Data
Open save
Open Region 1
Open Raw
Open Objects
Open Text File entity_default.txt

You can remove the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tags if you want to, you just need to adjust the Noble Requirements cause if you don't you won't be able to assign Nobles (Exploration Leader included) if you play any race other then Dwarf...

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fishing Village embark:

That leaves the nation of awesome with 4 Security points
Can you finish early?
How do you make it wait a year when you abandon your settlement (or does it do that auto?)

Also I couldn't make goblins Civ controllable properly(it didn't let me allocate miners on embark, so I'm just being dwarves but playing in a goblin-y way)

Never Mind I've done it now. Did you know Goblins can buy TROLLS and TROLL children for 1 point on embark?
I am assuming thats a glitch.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:40:47 am by oidip »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fishing Village embark:

That leaves the nation of awesome with 4 Security points
Can you finish early?
How do you make it wait a year when you abandon your settlement (or does it do that auto?)
Sigh.....

From the First post in the first section of Simplified Rules...

The one thing to note is that Each Challenge can only be placed into your First Region Map (the one that contains the Capital) with an allowance of One Tile free around each one, meaning that there is no placing a Village on the Tiles Directly next to the capital or any other Village. If there is no space in that Tile for you to Legally place a Village, you are allowed to move to the Next Region Tile that is One World Tile away from the Capital...

When it comes the time that you have filled all Possible and Legal Positions on your Region Map, you are able to Move into another at the cost of 1 Security per Tile that is traveled away from the Capital, 1 for one tile, 2 for 2 and so on. Moving in a method that is not a straight line is counted by the amount of Steps it takes to reach your new location...

From the Spoiler Rules of the Civilization Challenge...

Building you Civilization:
Each Civilization starts with One Capital and One Region Tile to Build in, where then they are able to build up their Nation through completing Challenges and expanding their Points, each level of challenge presents certain limits on their size, for example a Town can be no more then 3x3 Region Tiles and a Village can be no more then 2x2, and there is a limit on how Close a village/town can not be placed next to another, requiring a certain distance, making it harder and harder to find a good location to build up for the next challenge. Expanding into another Region Tile requires a certain amount of Security to spent of conquering it from the Wild, a Watchtower is able to be used to reclaim the lost Security and mark that Tile as your own.

Each player must make use of All available tiles within a Region Map before they are able to expand into another World Tile, this means that some Nations will be forced to remain in One Region tile for much longer then others. If your Capital is in a location where it alone fits within the Region map and no other Challenge can be built, the player is allowed to look into the next available maps for their next choice, though they may only move one tile away from the Capital...

Building Challenges within a Region might seem easy but when choosing the location of the next challenge the player must allow for One tile at minimum to be between it and another...
See Example below...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To expand into another world tile, the player must not only have enough Resource Points to build a Garrison but also enough Security Points equal to the Distance the World Tile is away from the Capital. If a Player chooses to build their Nation bunched up over the space of 2x2 area with For Expansions, the cost of doing so would only be 1 Security each time they Expand. But if they chose to expand into a Tile that is 3 tiles away from the capital then that will equal 3 Security and so forth. Later on the Player will be able to move their Capital to a different location, when doing so they will need to Triple the Security Cost to move it there. If a Player Does move their Capital, the old Capital will be come a Random City Challenge...

Personally I don't know If I can answer that second question, I don't know if the year passes if you finish BEFORE the years end or not, but apparently if you abandon a site after the Obsidian 28th it makes you wait a year to go from Granite 1st...
Let me check that...

Right. You start on the beginning of the 3rd year, if you finish before Obsidian 28th you don't lose a year...

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Derp interpreted what a region tile was.
Gah so I'm deprived of fish for a long time.
Also can you milk trolls? Because they're the only pets I'm allowed...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Derp interpreted what a region tile was.
Gah so I'm deprived of fish for a long time.
Also can you milk trolls? Because they're the only pets I'm allowed...
Heh... Shows I hadn't actually embarked huh...
If I remember rightly you can edit the raws to add animals for embarkment after a Genned world right............ Right...

This is one of those things I needed some input by you...
What animals WOULD a Goblin Start with? Would it take Horses and Cows with it???
Also this is the reason why they don't trade (I feel that Goblin Trade would kinda be pointless) so its up to you if you feel that Goblins should trade with other goblins...

Also you are not deprived of fish if you can get up the Challenges so that you are able to move into a Region Tile with a Brook in it by using up all available space.
Heres a hint. You don't HAVE to stuff as much as you can into a Local Map, You just gotta make it so that there is no possible way for a Village to but up against another without having a Tile space between each of them...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:49:25 am by Neyvn »

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll set trolls to [milkable] or something in the raws.... MENTAL IMAGES!
Farm No seedsHunting embark: Leaves me with 4 security points

Edit: yeah I just realised.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:51:11 am by oidip »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll set trolls to [milkable] or something in the raws.... MENTAL IMAGES!
Farm embark: Leaves me with 4 security points
Goblins don't farm...

This is one of those things I needed some input by you...
What animals WOULD a Goblin Start with? Would it take Horses and Cows with it???
Also this is the reason why they don't trade (I feel that Goblin Trade would kinda be pointless) so its up to you if you feel that Goblins should trade with other goblins...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just noticed that Elves can't activate ANY of their Jobs.....

Um might need to put this on hold while I get my act together...
Sigh, So busy trying to get the rules and explanations going I forgot to check the most important thing, and thats how DF handles the different races...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6