Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1500729 times)

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #7080 on: December 17, 2017, 03:27:00 pm »

Dear Tulon Eshtanag, Miner:

Please stop loitering in the shooting gallery. Our marksdwarves need their training and having to shoot around you is no doubt making them nervous. Also, could you please stop leaping across the 20' barrier gap to the target platform. The gap is there for your protection, and is not to be circumvented. Finally, I must ask that you stop beating the live targets to death with your pick. That is not their purpose and the local supply of blind cave ogres is limited enough without your contributions. If this behaviour continues, stern corrective measures will be taken.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: December 18, 2017, 04:35:20 pm »

Dear Urist,

Quite some time ago, I put your squad on Inactive, set you to have one labor, dedicated a workshop solely to you, and set the relevant job therein set  "do now".  Since then, you have gone to Individual Combat Training twice, taken a nap, listened to a story, listened to poetry, and prayed to your deity.  If this keeps up, I will have no choice but to assume that "distracted by being unable to practice a craft" is nothing but a lie and I will station you in the barrel of the magma cannon during its upcoming test-firing >:(

Sincerely,

Your Overseer
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: December 18, 2017, 07:50:41 pm »

I want to hear more about this magma cannon.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

alesia

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:ANY_MAGMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: December 18, 2017, 08:23:08 pm »

Dear Baron Mafol,
Please marry Queen Nish already. Three years and three full winters of speed dating after the founding of Glazedshimmer and the beginning of your courtship two months later, you and she are still stuck on 'Lovers'. Meanwhile, five other couples have fallen in love and gotten married, one of them immediately after starting their courtship, and our doctor (also a scholar) fell in love with one of the miners (not a scholar) in the middle of a discussion about military ethics in the library. If he can get a romance started while yakking with the two of you, I don't see why you can't finish one. You do spend all day every day together in the library...

I want royal babies, dammit.

(Also, write more books. There are plenty of quires sitting right there.)

Sincerely,
The Management
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:25:33 pm by alesia »

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: December 19, 2017, 06:54:24 am »

Dear Urists McCrossbowdwarfs,
I have no idea why you prefer to spend all your time wrestling instead of target practice, and while that may have made some of you good dodgers and otherwise less-than-terrible wrestlers, I didn't draft you guys for your strength.
Plus, you're still awful marksdwarfs.
So I'm taking it out of your booze budget to replace all the steel bolts you wasted during that last siege, in which you shot exactly one goblin. In the leg.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 03:54:49 pm by Deus Machina »
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: December 19, 2017, 11:16:44 am »

Why are you complaining that they shot him in the leg? That is one of the best places for them to shoot him.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: December 19, 2017, 03:55:49 pm »

Because a squad of 8 marksdwarves used 250 steel bolts shoot one goblin, once.
Along with some bronze and plenty of wood.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 03:58:03 pm by Deus Machina »
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: December 19, 2017, 04:32:26 pm »

Dear squad, The Clubs of Earth,
You guys are supposed to have full armor coverage. We have enough armor to do it.
This is the third time one of you guys have been bitten by a werebeast on uncovered arms or feet. Notice how they can't get teeth through iron?
The next time one of you starts growing fur, I'm sending him on a lone mission to get me random artifacts from the goblins and elves.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: December 19, 2017, 05:09:29 pm »

Dear squad, The Clubs of Earth,
You guys are supposed to have full armor coverage. We have enough armor to do it.
This is the third time one of you guys have been bitten by a werebeast on uncovered arms or feet. Notice how they can't get teeth through iron?
The next time one of you starts growing fur, I'm sending him on a lone mission to get me random artifacts from the goblins and elves.
*succeeds in stealing artifact*
*returns back to fortress just as he turns and begins ravaging everything with his new artifact steel axe*
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: December 19, 2017, 05:27:23 pm »

At least that would be interesting.
Instead of another bout of "Alright, who got bit? Off to the atom smasher."

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: December 20, 2017, 01:18:22 pm »

Dear Baron Mafol,
Please marry Queen Nish already. Three years and three full winters of speed dating after the founding of Glazedshimmer and the beginning of your courtship two months later, you and she are still stuck on 'Lovers'. Meanwhile, five other couples have fallen in love and gotten married, one of them immediately after starting their courtship, and our doctor (also a scholar) fell in love with one of the miners (not a scholar) in the middle of a discussion about military ethics in the library. If he can get a romance started while yakking with the two of you, I don't see why you can't finish one. You do spend all day every day together in the library...

I want royal babies, dammit.

Dear Overseer Alesia,

The understanding between myself and sweet Mafol is a private matter between two otherwise very public individuals. I hope you'll understand when I tell you that the political situation here is very delicate, and to be seen to have raised a commoner to the nobility and then follow that up by marrying him would not be met with delight by the aristocratic class.

Yours discreetly,
Nish

What may actually be going on is that one or both of them is only able to advance to the "Romance" stage of a relationship, but is not able to commit to marriage. Remember, dorfs have two levels of attraction for each gender: willingness to enter a romance, and willingness to marry. You can check this with dfhack, I think, and if it's the case I believe there is a script to force a marriage.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: December 20, 2017, 01:26:48 pm »

Dear Urists McCrossbowdwarfs,
I have no idea why you prefer to spend all your time wrestling instead of target practice, and while that may have made some of you good dodgers and otherwise less-than-terrible wrestlers, I didn't draft you guys for your strength.
Plus, you're still awful marksdwarfs.
So I'm taking it out of your booze budget to replace all the steel bolts you wasted during that last siege, in which you shot exactly one goblin. In the leg.

Dear Overseer Doos Machine,

Yoor the 1 hoo tole us 2 trane n the baricks, so thers no free time 4 us 2 go practis shotting on our own.

ps sory 4 the speling I am only a Dabling Riter

Archers train their shooting during their free time; in a barracks, they spar and practice crossbow melee.

However, you probably don't want them to be legendary archers! If they wasted 250 bolts before, imagine how many shots they could have gotten off if they had been skilled enough to shoot faster...

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: December 20, 2017, 03:18:16 pm »

But more of the bolts would hit...
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: December 20, 2017, 03:22:27 pm »

Oh, has that changed? It used to be that skilled effected only firing speed, so more skill was worse for fort-mode dwarves.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: December 20, 2017, 03:33:22 pm »

Oh, has that changed? It used to be that skilled effected only firing speed, so more skill was worse for fort-mode dwarves.

Well, I mean, firing speed is tied to damage, so even if accuracy was not increased there would be more one-hit kills and thus it would in fact be better.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 504