Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1500721 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #5505 on: December 15, 2013, 12:09:20 pm »

Dear Farmers:

There ARE plump helmet spawns. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

No love,
~IronTomato

But Boss, when Catten has 'em, then me and Urist can't find 'em!  So  there might as well not be any t'all.  Surely ye can see my logic, laddie.

Fath McFarmer
This made me laugh quite a bit.  :P

h0lx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: December 15, 2013, 06:22:49 pm »

Dear citizens of Mountainbore

I understand that at this time we have citizens only policy at our burial chambers, but there is a large, working refuse pile just outside the fortress neatly inside the safe perimeter. There is absolutely no justification for leaving your dead guineachick laying in the dining room. The miasma it generates aint going to make you any happier.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: December 15, 2013, 06:30:38 pm »

Dear goblins of The Complex Terror currently fucking around in my HFPD:

Dudes. Stop trying so hard. You're not going anywhere, so turn off that siege marker already.

Sweetest regards,
Overseer of Orbeagles

PS: How's it smell down there? :D

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: December 15, 2013, 06:40:39 pm »

Dear citizens of Mountainbore

I understand that at this time we have citizens only policy at our burial chambers, but there is a large, working refuse pile just outside the fortress neatly inside the safe perimeter. There is absolutely no justification for leaving your dead guineachick laying in the dining room. The miasma it generates aint going to make you any happier.

I think you need a corpse stockpile if it was an owned pet.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: December 16, 2013, 03:43:00 am »

dear Urist McCooker

STOP LEAVING MEAT INSIDE BUTCHERY FOR MONTH AND THEN TANTRUMING BECAUSE OF MIASMA for love of ARMOK !!!

Dear Overseer:

See, now, Jack the Hauler can't haul it to a full stockpile; and I ain't got the skill to cook food fast enough to open up stockpile spaces; so maybe YOU should consider not ordering all dem aminals butchered at once! Eh?!

-Urist McCook

P.S. The name's McCook, not McCooker! Get it right, Armok damn you.

Below is a crude drawing of a hairy, dwarfy, raised middle finger.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: December 17, 2013, 03:48:21 am »

Dudes. Stop trying so hard. You're not going anywhere, so turn off that siege marker already.

Sweetest regards,
Overseer of Orbeagles

It's quite a bit like home, actually-- you disgustingly corpulent waste of skin. I wouldn't expect a bunch of hairy faced cheese eating lushes like yourselves to understand how the delicate aromas of the troll herds and slave cages mingle to produce the unique bouquet that is a PROPER *GOBLIN* fortress, what with your constant vomit inducing binge drinking, repulsive legal system, and stilted social lives-- Even the screams down here are quite soothing and nostalgic to us! 

And no, we WONT be giving up so easily, you stupid, mushroom-sucking sycophant! We will siege your hideous blight of a fortress until every last one of us dies trying, and I mean EVERY LAST ONE-- Even our kindred in The Complex Terror back home-- Our deaths will only strengthen their resolve!

signed,
Gobbo McLasher
Lasher for The Complex Terror

C/O Orbeagles;
HFPD complex

[attached is a crude drawing of Orbeagles on fire with arrows shooting all over, surrounded by angry goblins making various forms of provocative gestures and poses, as other goblins appear to be shearing dwaven beards off and making yarn and other mockeries from the shaven hair. The words "Dwarves are fools; Goblins Rule!" have been hastily scrawled over the top, along side the phrase "What we're gonna do to you when we tear down your little fortress" in the margins near the illustration.]

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: December 17, 2013, 11:28:53 am »

Dear dwarves of Wardrock

Stop drinking at the depot.Especially during a siege.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: December 17, 2013, 04:45:36 pm »

Dear dwarves of Wardrock

Dear Armok,

We're all just too lazy to find somewhere else to drink- we're too busy drinkin' to think.

Besides, if we fight the siege, we'll be killed! Better just to sit here and have a good time while we safely wait it out.

From Wardrock with Love,
Urist

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: December 17, 2013, 05:05:15 pm »

Sweetest regards,
Overseer of Orbeagles

It's quite a bit like home, actually-- you disgustingly corpulent waste of skin. I wouldn't expect a bunch of hairy faced cheese eating lushes like yourselves to understand how the delicate aromas of the troll herds and slave cages mingle to produce the unique bouquet that is a PROPER *GOBLIN* fortress, what with your constant vomit inducing binge drinking, repulsive legal system, and stilted social lives-- Even the screams down here are quite soothing and nostalgic to us! 

And no, we WONT be giving up so easily, you stupid, mushroom-sucking sycophant! We will siege your hideous blight of a fortress until every last one of us dies trying, and I mean EVERY LAST ONE-- Even our kindred in The Complex Terror back home-- Our deaths will only strengthen their resolve!

signed,
Gobbo McLasher
Lasher for The Complex Terror

C/O Orbeagles;
HFPD complex

[attached is a crude drawing of Orbeagles on fire with arrows shooting all over, surrounded by angry goblins making various forms of provocative gestures and poses, as other goblins appear to be shearing dwaven beards off and making yarn and other mockeries from the shaven hair. The words "Dwarves are fools; Goblins Rule!" have been hastily scrawled over the top, along side the phrase "What we're gonna do to you when we tear down your little fortress" in the margins near the illustration.]

Dear Gobbo McLasher,

[A picture follows of goblin corpses piled up on top of repeating spike traps inside a tube of glass windows, while dwarves party in a statue garden just beyond the goblins' reach.]

Aww, aren't you so adorable?

I'll use your corpses to harden my dwarves against tragedy, McLasher, and that's the only time you'll ever terrify my dwarves. Your every action makes my victory more complete!

Sweet deaths,
Overseer of Orbeagles

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: December 18, 2013, 07:35:24 am »

Dear dwarves of Wardrock

Dear Armok,

We're all just too lazy to find somewhere else to drink- we're too busy drinkin' to think.

Besides, if we fight the siege, we'll be killed! Better just to sit here and have a good time while we safely wait it out.

From Wardrock with Love,
Urist

important clarification:my depot is on the OUTSIDE.you'd think that having a unit of lashers charging at them while their crossbowmen buddies positioned themselves around them would get them to heed my alarm and get to the main fortress,but no...

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: December 18, 2013, 11:23:09 am »

Dear, Kobolds,

It has come to my attention that there have been several... Skirmishes against our fort in the Thievery category. I write wonder why you would try to risk trying to rob the same entry over and over. You had three thieves come at once, two died. The third should have warned you. Evidently, he did not, so I say to you:

Stealth is useless against us. Come with force, or don't come at all.

Overseer of AxeShields.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: December 18, 2013, 01:25:32 pm »

Dear dwarves of Wardrock

Dear Armok,

From Wardrock with Love,
Urist

important clarification:my depot is on the OUTSIDE.you'd think that having a unit of lashers charging at them while their crossbowmen buddies positioned themselves around them would get them to heed my alarm and get to the main fortress,but no...
Dear armok I am writing really fast as the goblins are banging on the door Ill make this short I'm sorry fer drinkin in the depot but I need some fresh air every once in a while and if I don't have a break erry five minutes I get ornery and grumble at the weather and I need alcohol before I can kill the goblins thank ya for your time love Urist

blazing glory

« Reply #5517 on: December 19, 2013, 04:25:26 am »

Dear dwarves of Wardrock

Dear Armok,

From Wardrock with Love,
Urist

Dear armok I am writing really fast as the goblins are banging on the door Ill make this short I'm sorry fer drinkin in the depot but I need some fresh air every once in a while and if I don't have a break erry five minutes I get ornery and grumble at the weather and I need alcohol before I can kill the goblins thank ya for your time love Urist

Urist mc Iron Tomato cancels write note:getting slaughtered by gobbos

DogsRNice

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Maclunky
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #5518 on: December 19, 2013, 09:15:26 pm »

dear urist mcstrangemood make something useful like a sword next time and STOP HULLING THE MAGNETITE EVERYWARE
I had an FB named Ned once.  I kept imagining a giant Ned Flanders...

Want an underground tree with green wood? Check out this tiny mod I made to add one

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #5519 on: December 20, 2013, 09:23:57 am »

dear urist mcstrangemood make something useful like a sword next time and STOP HULLING THE MAGNETITE EVERYWARE

Yay, I was sigged!

Wait, he has a strange mood, and kept hauling?  I have never seen that before.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 504