Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1500720 times)

thoushaltcallmelars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #5460 on: November 23, 2013, 07:17:01 pm »

Dear Obok Charmedpaddles of Lanternballs,
our very first Hunter and the only source of food for two seasons,

I overseer'd generations of dwarwenkind silently, facepalming from time to time. Even when one of our best craftsdwarves created barn owl leather dildo (true story!) I kept my silence (while purging whole settlement with water). But you... you forced me to break eons of my silence.

You.
Headshotted self.
With a Barn Owl.

Your well-placed shot mutilated that poor bird. Bird corpse fell right on you, knocking you out of consciousness. I have no gol-dern idea what prevented you from taking sidestep and/or catching it. It is not that heavy nor fast to be unavoidable. Looks like getting hit in a head with an owl corpse is a thing you desired. Why don't you join that barn owl loving craftsdwarf I mentioned earlier? Think about it while having rest in our Hospital.

Sincerely,
frustrated Hengikjoptr of Lanternballs,
the Overseer.

You sound like a reasonable being, Hengikjoptr. Perhaps your hunter would enjoy spending a time with us? We have need of bone, blood, and skin, and your hunter could do with some entertainment if he's so tired of work that he knocked himself out with falling poultry - it's mutually beneficial, all you need to do is send Urist McHunter over to us. We'll even let you have our finest cotton candy and loan you a few of our most talented clowns to sweeten to deal.

With Warm Regards, Ringmasters Shift & Seven
Overseer Lars cancels Fortress Mode; Raging at his own stupidity.

Suffice to say, I shall forever associate all dyers with Bomrek Romekas, The Dyer, who slew four dwarves (and wounded a speardwarf) and a wardog while alive, without weapons, armor, or even clothing, before rising from the dead to rip three dwarves' limbs off. Wasn't even combat with the ghost, just "<ghost> batters <dwarf>" and I look and there's a leg, a sock, and a pool of blood.

Myrkky100

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: November 30, 2013, 01:42:26 pm »

Dear Urist McDecapitated,

cc: squadmates,

Please provide, in three copies, a written report on why you found the bolts stockpiled in the archery galleries and armory unsuitable for use during the latest goblin ambush and instead chose to go and get the bolts laying around outside, in the process getting your heads lobbed off and your guts pulled out.

Best regars,

The Manager
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
- Tacitus

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #5462 on: November 30, 2013, 07:43:27 pm »

Dear Urist McDecapitated,

cc: squadmates,

Please provide, in three copies, a written report on why you found the bolts stockpiled in the archery galleries and armory unsuitable for use during the latest goblin ambush and instead chose to go and get the bolts laying around outside, in the process getting your heads lobbed off and your guts pulled out.

Best regars,

The Manager

Boss,

In the future, keep the bolts lying around outside Forbidden.  Then we know not to reuse the spent ammo.  Then again, it was pretty dumb of us, you'd think we'd have the common sense to not do that to begin with, eh?

Urist McGhostly
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Myrkky100

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: December 01, 2013, 04:00:17 pm »

Boss,

In the future, keep the bolts lying around outside Forbidden.  Then we know not to reuse the spent ammo.  Then again, it was pretty dumb of us, you'd think we'd have the common sense to not do that to begin with, eh?

Urist McGhostly

Yes, I know, the bolts outside had just been claimed to be remelted and I didn't declare them anathema again quick enough. I just still find it questionable that everyone literally climbed over stacks of brand new bolts conveniently placed right inside the shooting gallery to get the ones that were furthest away, outside and behind 6 heavily armed goblins.

On a happier note, the sole dwarf with the wherewithal to stay at his position and keep shooting has hereby been elevated to the esteemed rank of elite marksdwarf. The two other survivors will be decorated with the Purple Plump Helmet. Could someone help them pin the medals to their shirts as they have had both their hands hacked off?
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
- Tacitus

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: December 03, 2013, 05:34:22 am »

Dear Urist McMine:

The next time youre channeling someplace, please, dont dig the tile under the feet of poor Catten McMine.

Seriously, if you do it again you´re getting your own watery grave.

The Overlord.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: December 03, 2013, 09:11:28 am »

Dear Ghostly Idiot,

I remembered how you died. If I am correct, you were incinerated in lava. You had no body to bury. Soon after the tragic accident took place, you began to appear in front of your many dwarves friends, walking through walls and generally scaring people.

Please do not do this.

~Love, IronTomato

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: December 03, 2013, 10:53:06 am »

Dear Citizens of the Stilled Hames,

Nearly everyone one of you lost either a father or a son today due to a military mistake. Please try not to panic. Apparently webs and flames are a deadly combo.
Good news though, CONSCRIPTION HAS BEEN EXTENDED. ALL NON ESSENTIAL LABORERS ARE ORDERED TO THE DEPTHS, this is not unrelated to the high casualty rate. Proceed with haste, crossbows and steel armor has been provided for you.

Regards,
Your Overseer
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: December 03, 2013, 04:47:41 pm »

Dear Citizens of the Stilled Hames,

Nearly everyone one of you lost either a father or a son today due to a military mistake. Please try not to panic. Apparently webs and flames are a deadly combo.
Good news though, CONSCRIPTION HAS BEEN EXTENDED. ALL NON ESSENTIAL LABORERS ARE ORDERED TO THE DEPTHS, this is not unrelated to the high casualty rate. Proceed with haste, crossbows and steel armor has been provided for you.

Regards,
Your Overseer

Dearest overseer;

In light of recent events, we -- the entire peasant population of Stilled Hames-- have decided to go ON BREAK until further notice, or until conditions improve. The definition of insanity is to kee trying the same things after they have failed and continue to fail. Perhaps you could devise an elaborate death machine for our enemies instead, or some other remedy that does not involve the continued letting of dwarven blood to grease the wheels of your scheming?

-- Urist(s) McPeasant(s) cancels pick up equipment: ON BREAK

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: December 04, 2013, 01:38:39 pm »

To all dwarves of Lashdyes,

When mass deconstructing the up/down stairs scaffolding, please do mind the safety rules such as not deconstructing a tile is standing on, don't stand on the very thing you are deconstructing, among others. Even if I stagger the designations, there are still injuries happening. If OSHA existed in DF, it would have shut down.... um, never mind that I mentioned OSHA. The great number of injuries and the fact that I have to try and stagger the designations is slowing down work, and that fact alone would make me want to at least make it somewhat safer.

Due to the number of injuries, I've had to put the designations on hold until the injuries are at least dealt with.

p.s. I see through DT that some dwarves have infections, I think everybody will be okay, however I will endeavor to set up soapmaking. I will cure the infections of those which are in the nails, otherwise, you'll have to ride it out.

The Overseer of Lashdyes.

TresCom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: December 04, 2013, 04:22:11 pm »

dear cats

please stop mass produce kittens, we will butcher them.

regards

me
"Onward, warriors of the Monolith. Avenge your fallen brothers. Blessed, as they are in their eternal union with the Monolith. Bring death to those who spurn the holy power of the Monolith."

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: December 05, 2013, 12:16:35 am »

Dear Goblin Ambushers,

Thank you for the amusement due to your not being [TRAPAVOID]. I've evidently got at least two ambushes in my system and only one visible, because I keep getting invisible people opening up the Happy Fun Spike Pit. I thought it would work!

Cheers,
Razoract

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

aiseant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: December 05, 2013, 03:55:18 am »

Dear game,

It's very simple, really : you autosave the game in the beginning of spring. Please stop crashing at the end of winter. Repeatively.
Thanks.

Annoyed overseer.
http://tenshedkadol.wordpress.com/

As a Urist McFrenchy, please forgive my english

Heck, only the elves would tame a leech. [...] Just for this, I'm starting up lead goblet production. Anyone who tries to sell me a tame leech deserves to die from lead poisoning.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: December 05, 2013, 04:24:10 am »

Dear stealthed goblin in the Happy Fun Spike Pit,

I can see your trails of puke.

Dear dead king,

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dear duchess,

Why the fuck are you tantruming?

Cheers,
Overseer of Razoract

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Urist McAxedwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: December 05, 2013, 04:31:13 am »

Dear Urist McParent,

I am writing to you on behalf of the fortress' noble population and I must say we are very disappointed.

Your child, Urist McPeasant has just reached adulthood and upon inspection we can tell that there have been some significant gaps in his education. The poor lad is a dribbling fool. All he does all day is harvest plants, eat, drink and sleep.

Given your status as legendary; grower, mason and stone crafter I would expect you to have passed on some of your knowledge to your offspring. Instead you have opted to entirely compromise the poor boy's future by depriving him of any form of education and even at times putting his life in danger in situations of near-certain death (I refer you to our previous letter; "Leave your children at home during the siege").

To conclude, due to no fault of his own the young dwarf will have to be guided into a career with help from our careers advisor (yes we know he is also the militia commander) for assignment.

Yours truly,

Your ever-confused deity.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: December 05, 2013, 10:26:27 am »

Dear Citizens of Stilled Hames,

Thank you for your resolve and sacrifices. Mass conscription has ended, though we still have work to do (mainly cleaning this mess up.) Expect mass relocation to the forges.

Regards,

Your Overseer

(PS: Apparently, the best way to prevent tantrum spirals is to increase the casualty rate rather than keep it low.)
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 504