Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1508246 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #4305 on: September 15, 2012, 06:52:58 pm »

Dear MantisOverseer,
Was he injured? No, just drowning. It's against the outpost charter's rules to touch anyone unless they are injured, family, or in the same little square that you need to be in. It's embarrassing to just be touched whenever!
Sincerely,
Rule-following Hauler
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: September 16, 2012, 09:24:01 am »

Dear Dorfs:

This time, it was my fault.
OOPS...
Should've triple checked the floodgates before punching a third hole in the volcano.
It was nice knowing y'all.
Farewell.

The man from above who looks down below from another pane,
Aigre
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: September 16, 2012, 11:58:43 am »

Dear Caravans,
                    will you stop coming from the south via terrifying jungle? The one with huskifying clouds, undead bears and reanimation. Instead, head through the non evil badlands pretty please.

Yours with death threats if you don't do as I say
          -The Overseer

And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: September 16, 2012, 12:45:09 pm »

Dear Greasemunky,
We only have site access from the south. Build a wall or something, then we'll spawn near it. Statues also help.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: September 16, 2012, 12:49:42 pm »

Actually no it won't, since you have to leave something like 4-5 spaces on the surface or you get that stupid "Too close to edge" thing. I had a major problem with caravans with wagons spawning ABOVE my glacial fort where there was only the unremovable edge ramps for access. Lost out on alot of booze imports cause of that...

Anyways...

Dear Capital,

THANK YOU SWEET CHRIST YOU ACTUALLY SENT WORKERS I NEEDED! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Signed,
Heroicbattle Overseer.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: September 16, 2012, 01:07:37 pm »

They will still be within a dozen spaces of the edge, I think, and you can just add statues or bridges if you must close the last few tiles. And on a glacier you can make ice-walls on the edge.
Sig

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: September 16, 2012, 01:15:47 pm »

Every time I've tried building walls or anything near the edge on the surface it won't let me. "Too close" it says. not that it mattered, one of those braindead caravans got slaughtered on arrival  ::)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: September 16, 2012, 01:43:01 pm »

So, you can't wall off the edges with raised bridges? Good to know.
Sig

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: September 16, 2012, 02:07:13 pm »

IIRC, you can use raised bridges, just not constructed walls.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: September 16, 2012, 02:14:53 pm »

I'll take your word for it, but I'm not going to bother since it hasn't let me before.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: September 16, 2012, 02:26:27 pm »

Dear Citizens of Balanceoar,

We have 287 dwarves here, and none of you felt called upon to raise the bridge when word of an invasion came? Thank Armok we only got 30 trolls in here before one of you accidently tripped over an empty barrel and smacked his head on the lever, had it been the 60 lasher with the 20 cave dragons and the 15 cave crocodiles, you would now be dining in hell.
Literally.
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: September 16, 2012, 02:32:08 pm »

Dear UristMcLazyMiner,

Please delay your season-long break to a time more suited. I suspect an invasion will be coming on soon, and you finishing this project is vital to Echooils' survival. Finish it by the time the goblins get here or else.

Sincerely,
The Death Pit Operator.

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: September 17, 2012, 07:15:53 am »

Dear Urist McCarpenter

"Construction of Wall suspended: Creature obstructing path" is not a valid reason to goof off, especially if the "creature" that won't let you finish building is yourself.

Were you not also a skilled woodcutter- of whom I have too little- I would give you confidential reasons as to why i needed that wall built- namely, I'd stop Urist McPumpOperator from draining the aquifer before it gets the chance to drown you.

Sincerely,

Overseer of BlowingOiled

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: September 17, 2012, 07:22:03 am »

Dear BlowingOil Overseer,

How else do you expect me to work on the wall?  There were a few ants on it, and I can't work with ants...  especially if they bite and burn me flesh!  I'd rather swim than burn!  Urist McPumpOperator also hates those pesky magma ants that bite past his trousers, and sees it as a reason to drain the aquifer.

Sincerely,

Urist McCarpenter

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: September 17, 2012, 01:19:58 pm »

Dear Urist McFisherdwarf

Yes, I know you came here with high hopes to pursue your life-long ambition of fishing.  Yes, I know our lake is currently frozen over and so you cannot fish there.  I know this all, but please, stop trying to fish in the dining room's fountain.  There's nothing there, just like the last ten times you tried.

Sincerely,
Overseer of Crystalspires
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 504