Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1500681 times)

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3345 on: April 19, 2012, 12:20:14 am »

The Elfs don't like when we chop down soap now?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: April 19, 2012, 12:27:59 am »

Dear Haulers Union

Remember when I said to move that dead body 2 YEARS AGO!? Well, it's still blocking the door, right as the vile force of darkness has arrived. In fact, for a week after it has arrived. They are in our dining hall. There is no way out. The door is NOT shut. I'm gonna pull my private lever now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sincerely, your former Mayor.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: April 19, 2012, 12:52:58 am »

Dear Lorbam,

Despite the fact that you were an ELITE crossbowdwarf and all that, there are three things that you should had taken into consideration;

1. You had station orders 3z-levels above the main drawbridge, where your squadmates were waiting. Sure, you had spent your bolts already, but the tower stores had plenty.
2. You were a mother with infant. Sadly, she didn't make it either, mainly because you dropped her smack middle the drawbridge's lowering point (aka "atomsmashing spot"). Maybe your next incarnation has the sense of not running at the bridge WHEN IT IS BEING RAISED.
3. The shield is not the optimal weapon against even goblins. Really. Your squad was armed with STEEL short swords and even copper crossbows, for Armok's sake! Did you really need your baby so much you didn't bother to carry either with her?

Inarguably, you did do quite good with your shield... But still, this sort of "gung-ho" attitude usually only causes extra work for the mason's guild and - hey, actually, they have been slacking lately!

Yrs,
Overseer

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: April 19, 2012, 01:49:42 am »

To the children of Stafffilled;

Stop tantrumming and going beserk.  The militia's getting bored with killing you and it's upsetting the productive members of the fortress

Sincerely;  The Overlordseer

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: April 19, 2012, 01:53:19 am »

Dear Lorbam,

~~~

Yrs,
Overseer

Dear Overseer Ant.

Legendary misc. object users with copper shields are actually extremely effective in melee combat, as they use their rather heavy copper shields to bash goblin skulls in. You should try it sometime.

Sincerely, the ghost of Lorbam the Elite Crossbowdwarf.

P.S; In all seriousness it is. You just need to properly train them first.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cobaldunderpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: April 19, 2012, 02:11:29 am »

Dear Urist Axelord

While we don't imagine that those =adamantine greaves= are the most comfortable choice in clothing we did make them for you so the Titans and Forgotten Beasts of our magical world would not cut your lower appendages in twain. Please, pick them up from your room and put them on. Its only for your own good.

-Management
"I'm sorry, so you want me to make your underpants out of cobalt or kobolds?"

"Eh, whatever"

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: April 19, 2012, 05:18:43 am »

Dear Urist McNecromancerdwarf While we here at the fortress of Rusted Harmony Applaud your Interest in Migrating to our fortress after only two years of construction we would rather you had left your 100+ Life challenged friends at home.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: April 19, 2012, 08:30:37 am »

Dear law enforcers of talkedgravel,

The potter attacked the mayor and a few other dwarves and broke a child's leg. Why does she get off scott free?!

Sincerely, a curious overseer.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: April 19, 2012, 08:50:15 am »

Dear Haulers Union

Remember when I said to move that dead body 2 YEARS AGO!? Well, it's still blocking the door, right as the vile force of darkness has arrived. In fact, for a week after it has arrived. They are in our dining hall. There is no way out. The door is NOT shut. I'm gonna pull my private lever now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sincerely, your former Mayor.

Btw when things are jammed in your door you have to deconstruct the door to move those items.. Imagine the guys arm being caught under the door.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: April 19, 2012, 09:28:19 am »

Dear Urist McMilitiaCommander,

How long does it take you to kill a horse? It’s a horse; it’s only one bloody horse! You and the entire military which consists of a good chunk of the population have been out chasing that horse  for three seasons now, and you know full well that the ‘siege’ won’t end til it’s dead, that means no supply caravans, no migrants. Need I remind you that we’re running low on booze?

Would it kill you to try and corner it rather than chase after it eternally one by one in some sort of twisted parade? Even the marksdwarves have had no effect on this devil-beast. Start throwing rocks at it or something, anything, I don’t care. Just end its life before we all die of thirst.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: April 19, 2012, 09:31:25 am »

Dear Urist McMilitiaCommander,

How long does it take you to kill a horse? It’s a horse; it’s only one bloody horse! You and the entire military which consists of a good chunk of the population have been out chasing that horse  for three seasons now, and you know full well that the ‘siege’ won’t end til it’s dead, that means no supply caravans, no migrants. Need I remind you that we’re running low on booze?

Would it kill you to try and corner it rather than chase after it eternally one by one in some sort of twisted parade? Even the marksdwarves have had no effect on this devil-beast. Start throwing rocks at it or something, anything, I don’t care. Just end its life before we all die of thirst.

"Urist McThirsty cancels drink: out of booze"
"The horse has been struck down!"
"Some migrants have arrived"

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: April 19, 2012, 09:34:43 am »

Impossible. Horse cannot die. Horse watched over this world whilst the dwarven race was still young. Horse will be present when the last dwarf draws their final breath. Horse more abstract concept than flesh and blood.

Horse is eternal.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

SRD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: April 19, 2012, 09:54:25 am »

Impossible. Horse cannot die. Horse watched over this world whilst the dwarven race was still young. Horse will be present when the last dwarf draws their final breath. Horse more abstract concept than flesh and blood.

Horse is eternal.

My elves come with horses and I just send my chief hammerdwarf to kill them.. he's fast enough to chase down and kill them within 10 seconds.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: April 19, 2012, 10:00:18 am »

Dear Chief Medical Dwarf, please go tend to my last legendary miner, we need to continue digging out our fortress and the poor dwarf lost her leg fighting off a were lizard which killed the other legendary miner. You have a whole team who can deal with the wound, JUST GO DIAGNO- *Urist McDoctor has withdrawn from society*

Dear Urist Mclegendary Miner. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the one dwarf with diagnostic ability out of a fortress of 92 has decided now is the best time to ignore all current duties and work on a pet project of his. All the best in the next world, it can hardly be worse than leaking blood through the entire fortress while everyone watches.

*Urist Mclegendary Miner has died from loss of blood*
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

SRD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: April 19, 2012, 10:16:20 am »

Dear Chief Medical Dwarf, please go tend to my last legendary miner, we need to continue digging out our fortress and the poor dwarf lost her leg fighting off a were lizard which killed the other legendary miner. You have a whole team who can deal with the wound, JUST GO DIAGNO- *Urist McDoctor has withdrawn from society*

Dear Urist Mclegendary Miner. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the one dwarf with diagnostic ability out of a fortress of 92 has decided now is the best time to ignore all current duties and work on a pet project of his. All the best in the next world, it can hardly be worse than leaking blood through the entire fortress while everyone watches.

*Urist Mclegendary Miner has died from loss of blood*

Any dwarf can diagnose, and even if the diagnosis is wrong they will usually still stop the blood loss.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 504