Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1508149 times)

Possomtail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3015 on: February 29, 2012, 02:16:59 am »

Dear Urist McCarpenter. 8th Obsidian.

Whenever I tell you tell you to make some barrels so that Urist McBrewer can brew some more dwarvern wine when we have none left, please do not throw any parties because your friends will all thirst to death.

makpantek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: February 29, 2012, 02:33:29 am »

Dear Dorf,

How the hell did you lose a right leg while farming?

Sincerely,
     Your god.

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: February 29, 2012, 03:06:00 am »

Dear dwarves of Marblewine.
This is not Voidbreach. This is not Sungears. This fort can, and Armok above knows that I will, get new migrants on a regular basis. You. Are. Disposable. So when I tell you to retrieve those Unicorns, I don't want to hear about some giant peach faced whatsits. Just get them. My army WILL be outfitted with gear crafted solely from Unicorns, and anyone who inhibits this plan will be guilty of spreading unhappiness. Unhappiness is punishable by happy fun time. Happy fun time schedulees must report to the Happy Room, and pull the Lever of Magmatic Joy.
Your loving and all seeing overseer.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: February 29, 2012, 05:12:23 am »

Dear Dorf,

How the hell did you lose a right leg while farming?

Sincerely,
     Your god.

To Mr Makpantek o-holy-but-not-as-holy-as-Armok, bless 'is soul,

Blood's a good fertiliser, innit? An' i had a good leg jus' goin' to waste attached to me hip. So I cut it off an' buried it in th' farm plot.
Now whenev' th' other dorves take a drink of the plump 'elmet wine, or a chomp o' th' plump 'elmet biscuits, I'll say "That's Urist McFarmer vintage, and ye know why? Me leg's fertilised it!" and I'll laugh as they spit out their food n' drink. And I'll 'ave another round on th' house for everyone.

Urist McSacrificialFarmer cancels respond to me god: Shouting another round of Urist McFarmer Wine.

Yers, Urist McFarmer.
Hope I 'aven't stuff'd you up wit' me exuberant fertilising th' farms.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: February 29, 2012, 06:56:29 am »

Why do you insist on going into battle bare handed when we have two perfectly useable copper battle axes for you to choose from?
Probably reserved for woodcutters. If your two woodcutters are also axedwarves, sometimes game boinks and require in total 4 separate axes to work properly as expected - and this is not counting other possible bugs in retrieving weapon code.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: February 29, 2012, 07:40:29 am »

Dear Urist McFormerCarpenterNowMiner,
First, Congrats on the promotion. Second, consider changing your name to Urist Mcminer. Finally, good job at escaping magma not once but twice while trying to de-magma the aquifer staircase. Oh, and I think you're now a better miner than Urist McMissingAshes ever was.

Sincerely,
GreatWyrmGold, Overseer.

Dear all Urists,
Good job, y'all. Keep up the good work. Soon we'll pierce the aquifer and continue to stone and wealth! Our magma glass furnace is almost up and running, so yippee there, too. Keep up the good work and don't fall into the volcano.

Sincerely,
GWG, Ovrsr.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: February 29, 2012, 07:30:42 pm »

Dear Urist McFormerCarpenterNowMiner,
First, Congrats on the promotion. Second, consider changing your name to Urist Mcminer. Finally, good job at escaping magma not once but twice while trying to de-magma the aquifer staircase. Oh, and I think you're now a better miner than Urist McMissingAshes ever was.

Sincerely,
GreatWyrmGold, Overseer.

Dear all Urists,
Good job, y'all. Keep up the good work. Soon we'll pierce the aquifer and continue to stone and wealth! Our magma glass furnace is almost up and running, so yippee there, too. Keep up the good work and don't fall into the volcano.

Sincerely,
GWG, Ovrsr.

You've probably just jinxed it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: March 01, 2012, 08:14:42 am »

Dear Urist Mcsleepyhead,
RIP

He was so tired that he fell asleep immediately after digging into an aquifer. Gives a new meaning to sleeping with the fishes.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: March 01, 2012, 09:32:19 am »

Dear Urist McRabbit

Please
Stop
Breeding

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: March 01, 2012, 11:13:04 am »

Dear Urist McRabbit

Please
Stop
Breeding

As cruel as it sounds, kill off one or two of the children.  It will make him/her unhappy, so be able to station a squad near him to "comfort" him if he does anything stupid.  But unhappy dwarves may not breed as much (science needs done on this) and if that doesn't work, test your new drowning chamber you haven't built yet on him.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: March 01, 2012, 09:33:52 pm »

Dear Urist McRabbit

Please
Stop
Breeding

As cruel as it sounds, kill off one or two of the children.  It will make him/her unhappy, so be able to station a squad near him to "comfort" him if he does anything stupid.  But unhappy dwarves may not breed as much (science needs done on this) and if that doesn't work, test your new drowning chamber you haven't built yet on him.

But it's a rabbit
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: March 01, 2012, 09:34:52 pm »

Dear Urist McRabbit

Please
Stop
Breeding

But it's a rabbit

Well fine then, all but a breeding pair to cut the population down.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: March 01, 2012, 09:39:16 pm »

Dear Urist McArmorsmith

Lead? Seriously? Fucking lead? I have twelve bars of adamantine there and you decide to create a lead breastplate. If you weren't my only high level armoursmith I'd get you to build a lead floodgate to keep the magma out of your bedroom. Would you like that you PUNK!?!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: March 01, 2012, 11:12:35 pm »

Dear Urist McSquirtle, pleae stop squirting water at random animals. You keep running off, so it's hard to have an expedition.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: March 01, 2012, 11:54:01 pm »

Dear Goblins,
Your first raid was pitiful. About 10 or so. The worst you did was cost one of my dwarfs an arm.

RE: Dear Goblins:
Your second raid was overkill. 100+? Seriously? Okay, you win. Guess I'm  starting over again -.-;

The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 504