Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1507977 times)

AiresPenlaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1920 on: July 14, 2011, 06:43:38 am »

Dear Broker:

Breaks are important, nobody is arguing otherwise. However, your "break" has lasted long enough to see two caravans come and go. When your break ended, instead of going to the Depot to trade our silver for much-needed lignite, you decided it'd be a great idea to slaughter a goat. If it weren't for the fact that we have barely settled here, I would have you confined to cleaning the Magma Resevoir.
Do not let this happen again.

Yours,
Aires Penlaw, Overseer of Dalehelms.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:06 am »

Dear Urist McSwordmaster

Next time you want to bite the foot of an elephant to death, tell me before trying, ok? It takes a long time to train the soldiers to get at your level, and I don't expect you to die at the first ennemy you encounter. At least you survived, and I hope the fact that you don't have legs won't stop you from killing goblins.

PS: If it does stop you from killing goblins, remember: I know where you live.

Zdrok

• Bay Watcher
  • You are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: July 14, 2011, 10:24:58 am »

Dear Sodel McWhateveryourlastnameis,

Yes, I agree that you are justified in not picking up your equipment due to your injuries.  That's not my issue here.  One of your arms has been torn off and your other arm has been severely fractured in multiple places.  For Armok's sake GO TO THE FUCKING HOSPITAL.

Best regards,
Overseer of Glazedragons.

ExdeathV

• Bay Watcher
  • God damn boogeymen. Can't you just let me sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: July 14, 2011, 02:31:45 pm »

Dear Nobles,

Stop being a bunch of crybabies because of the bedrooms I gave my legendary workers. You didn't do shit when you came over, so why do you think you should get anything nice.

From,
  That invisible force that tells you what to do

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: July 14, 2011, 02:48:47 pm »

Dear UristMcMiner,
Stop trying to surf on caving-in rock and dirt. Even if you live, I don't want you mining with a broken leg, a broken arm, a broken nose, and various mangled organs. If you do, I'll use you as live bait when the cheetah comes back.
Sincerely, AlexaiZ
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: July 14, 2011, 06:02:00 pm »

Dear reclaiming force of Tickwhip:

Could you please, go bring the captain of the expedition force here to the hospital where the good Sergeant-turned Chief medical dwarf could patch him? I want you to remember that this guy has staved off two ogre ambushes, one of them BY BITING THE ATTACKERS TO DEATH WHILE HE WAS LYING ON THE FLOOR!
People, at least stop drinking all the booze and give the guy a sip or two. We need him. We just settled here -again- He has proven to be more efficient than the Soldiers Mc-my-mighty-cat-leather-dress-is-my-armor.

Also, dear Captain, we DID put a booze barrel a few squares from you. You may have a broken foot, but I SWEAR that I have seen you moving. On your own. SO PLEASE WANDER TOWARDS THE BOOZE.

That's all for the first two months of the reclaim.

Your overseer, arcangelsd
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: July 15, 2011, 01:36:19 am »

Dear Nobles,

Stop being a bunch of crybabies because of the bedrooms I gave my legendary workers. You didn't do shit when you came over, so why do you think you should get anything nice.

From,
  That invisible force that tells you what to do

Dear Invisible Force, TTYWTD;

We've heard... rumours from other fortresses of Nobles that make nuisances of themselves having accidents that no-one can seem to find accountable for.  If you can keep them busy for five minutes and point the miners to the nearest source of water, stockpile of trap parts, or even magma, I'm sure we can work out a solution to their grievances.

Sincerely; The dwarves of your fort.

raptor007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: July 15, 2011, 10:50:11 am »

Dear Urist McScaredycat,

I know you are worried. I too have heard the rumors that our 20 strong military was slaughtered by 8 goblin archers. In hindsight, armor might have helped, or weapons. But that is why we are all safely inside this strong dinning room blocked by six imposing stone doors.

Yes, I hear the goblins coming in through the front door which someone forgot to link to a lever. Yes, they do sound scary and angry. But again, that is why we are all safely inside this room with six doors.

The most important issue right now is someone NEEDS TO CLOSE THE LAST FUCKING DOOR! There is ONE RAT REMAINS blocking the final door from closing. Notice how it has been marked for dumping and a refuse pile is one square away from it.

Now instead of eating, drinking, or sleeping every single one of you 54 dwarves has nothing but hauling labors and the remains are clearly within the burrow. So MOVE THE DAMN RAT BEFORE WE ALL DIE!

No? None of you? Well then you all deserve what is coming.

Sincerely, slightly worried overseen,
Dalgren

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: July 15, 2011, 10:57:33 am »

dear goblins:

GO AWAY!  i can build a second (and likely a third) fort from all of the bones of your fellow goblins.  you see the corpses piled across at least a full third of the surface?  those are your fellow goblins.  i do not need any more copper or silver.  i definitely do not need any more of your stinking rags.  your stupid demon left years ago... go look for him or something.  you dorks make more hauling jobs than i can keep up with, and the kobolds loot the battlefield and get it into their think skills that THEY should try to "siege".  i feel kind of bad for the kobolds, but not you blighters.  go away or i shall give serious thought to flooding the surface with magma.

with love:
overseer of Bronzetools.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: July 15, 2011, 11:32:05 am »

To Urist McLegendarySpearDwarf

You killed the damn FB, why the hell are you and your squad STANDING IN THE *CENSORED* *CENSORED*'ing *VERY CENSORED* FIRE?  Three of your squad have titles and multiple FB kills each, for Armok's sake!
It appears that your fortress is staffed by dwarves left over from a World of Warcraft raid. In addition to standing in the fire, do they also refuse to attack the designated kill target? :D

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: July 15, 2011, 05:03:08 pm »

Dear Urist McScaredycat,

I know you are worried. I too have heard the rumors that our 20 strong military was slaughtered by 8 goblin archers. In hindsight, armor might have helped, or weapons. But that is why we are all safely inside this strong dinning room blocked by six imposing stone doors.

Yes, I hear the goblins coming in through the front door which someone forgot to link to a lever. Yes, they do sound scary and angry. But again, that is why we are all safely inside this room with six doors.

The most important issue right now is someone NEEDS TO CLOSE THE LAST FUCKING DOOR! There is ONE RAT REMAINS blocking the final door from closing. Notice how it has been marked for dumping and a refuse pile is one square away from it.

Now instead of eating, drinking, or sleeping every single one of you 54 dwarves has nothing but hauling labors and the remains are clearly within the burrow. So MOVE THE DAMN RAT BEFORE WE ALL DIE!

No? None of you? Well then you all deserve what is coming.

Sincerely, slightly worried overseen,
Dalgren
I have to ask ... did they every close that last door?  :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

arzzult

• Bay Watcher
  • This statement is false.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: July 15, 2011, 06:45:23 pm »

You killed the damn FB, why the hell are you and your squad STANDING IN THE *CENSORED* *CENSORED*'ing *VERY CENSORED* FIRE?  Three of your squad have titles and multiple FB kills each, for Armok's sake!
It appears that your fortress is staffed by dwarves left over from a World of Warcraft raid. In addition to standing in the fire, do they also refuse to attack the designated kill target? :D

Dear Overseer,

http://shadeofaranchant.ytmnd.com/

Sincerely !!Urist McFlammable!!
I just realized two things. 1. For the Win and F___ the World have the same initials. 2. They have the same meaning in Dwarf Fortress.

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: July 15, 2011, 10:21:04 pm »

Dear all Millitary Urists of The Creative Plains

You outnumbered those goblins by 20, you were wearing steel armour.......... YOU WERE TRAINED FOR 3 YEARS IN A ROW FOR THIS VERY ENGAGEMENT! HOW DID YOU LOSE TO 10 GOD DAMNED GOBLIN SWORDSMEN?!..........

Your very agitated and surprised Overlord, Alestorm.
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: July 15, 2011, 10:25:19 pm »

Only if it's an elf ambush.  Any other time that go right after it and murder the poor bastard.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: July 16, 2011, 04:50:02 am »

Dear citizenry of Bronzestrike

I understand that burying the dead is an ancient tradition and should be honored. But, there's a squad of swordgoblins currently walking over the corpses. This is not a problem, since they are slow bastards. However, captain of the guard and his posse are moving in to confront the attackers. Yes, he's the feathered demonic bison guy with his other demon pals. You are going to rot away if you happen to be standing there when they fight. Yes, this exactly same thing happened during the last ambush where we lost 30 idiots AND my best soldiers. Thank you.

Ever slightly annoyed,
Overseer

Dear goblins of the civilization with bucket as their symbol (How do you get the trolls work for you?)

I know, Bronzestrike is THE mountainhome, and a hoard to assorted craft worth millions. However, we have very lazy smiths, who have to be coaxed with great effort to do particularly anything. So, I have to thank you for all those iron breastplates and silver flails/whips/whatever you are hauling here, but next time, will you please stop bringing that copper crap and silver edged weapons here? I can't be assed to smelt all of that crap. Also, donations of clothing have kept the fort from becoming a nudist camp, which I also thank you of.

Grateful,
Overseer
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 504