Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1507815 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #990 on: February 03, 2011, 10:25:04 am »

(Translated from Draconic)

Dear Dagger McSpearmen,
Thank you for choosing to accompany me on my journeys through the wild. I could understand you deciding not to follow a little dragonman who named himself after a dwarf that died after attacking a hydra. (Although he DID get a few good licks in). Two of you have helped me kill a named leopard, and all three of you helped me with that jaguar. However, said jaguar brings up a point.

Please do not steal my "kills". I am always the first down there, and have started every battle with a well-thrown cougar lung that I had prepared for me before I started adventuring. Therefore I believe I should be allowed to have the killing blow on all major enemies. Thank you.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 03, 2011, 12:00:44 pm »

If I wanted to slay demons most foul with a pool noodle made of nerf, I'd be playing Hippy Elf Commune instead of Dwarf Fortress. You're lucky you're still marginally useful, or else you'd be in the troll pit, armed only with your mockery of Armok's blessings.

Why is it that all the stories of adamantine artifacts are like this? Is it because adamantine blades that kill everything are rare, or is it just because said deathblades the best-case scenario?

Then again, I have never had an adamantine war hammer. For me, that's grounds for savescumming.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: February 03, 2011, 12:11:57 pm »

I'd love to have an adamantine warhammer. Give it to my justice-dealer.

... Just one, though.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Lex Talionias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 03, 2011, 12:22:06 pm »

totally what this guy said. if you want your hammer dwarf to do no harm give the bastard the bright blue pillow hammer!
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

undead whales will seriously delay your megaproject.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 03, 2011, 12:28:58 pm »

A physical version of the Hammercratic oath?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 03, 2011, 12:30:26 pm »

I had a legendary adamantine war hammer on the captain of the guard, and blue candy or not they still kill y'know.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 03, 2011, 12:34:31 pm »

Dear trapper , I understand that you hate the sun , but please stop catching vermin , even if they make good pets , I need pigeons for food pets and geting rid of some lag , please try to do your job correctly.

From the Guy lurking into his room near the computer with his eyes right on the screen hoping for you to do so.
Desu

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 03, 2011, 12:36:40 pm »

I had a legendary adamantine war hammer on the captain of the guard, and blue candy or not they still kill y'know.
this is not true. they kill with adamantine hammers because they can swing the weapon REALLY fast and attack many times. however, they only hit your dwarves thrice.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: February 03, 2011, 01:04:20 pm »

this is not true. they kill with adamantine hammers because they can swing the weapon REALLY fast and attack many times. however, they only hit your dwarves thrice.
Well one of my dwarves died in the hands of Urist McPsychoticCaptainoftheGuard who had an adamantine legendary war hammer. Whether they attack real quickly or not legendary adamantine war hammers kill other dwarves, even in the hands of a dabbling hammerdwarf. Maybe it's unlikely but the possibility remains and it happened to me.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: February 03, 2011, 03:13:27 pm »

Reply 1000!

Dear Dwarves,

Grow a freaking brain!

The Management
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #1000 on: February 06, 2011, 04:28:45 am »

Dear Urist McMiner

next time i order you to dig a channel, try to not cause cave ins. you broke both arms of Urist McUnluckyMiner and turned our only tamed animal in a +engraving of a Stray One-Humped Camel+! Now, go to dig that wall for the magma forges.

Your overlord

after 5 minutes...

Dear Urist McMiner

try to don't stand in magma next time. You know, it's quite hot.

RIP,
your overlord

Hungry Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 06, 2011, 04:48:50 am »

Dear Urist McEmo,

I really understand that your friend Urist McJackalIdiotHauler decided to went out to retrieve the shoes of a dead migrant due to a goblin ambush(it doesn't really matter if they were good silk spider shoes, it was stupid anyway) and get impaled by the first goblin spearman. And lost the child in the same stupid way.
But really I do not think that is fair from you to go around trowing tantrum, breaking furnitures and punching people and animals around.
Just act like a real Dorf man!
My past three fort failed because of you and your emo friends, transforming my beautiful and functional fortress in a battleground of anarchy and madness.

Last time I have an idea of letting all you die outside of the fort from famine and thirst and keep inside only my initial sevens.

Cordially your,
Fort Managment

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 06, 2011, 02:39:01 pm »

Dear Urist McCook,
a bowl of beer with raccoon tallow floating in it does not constitute a stew. Save the booze for drinking, will you?

Signed,
A Bemused Overseer.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 06, 2011, 02:42:06 pm »

(you can turn off cooking booze in [ z ] (stocks)>food menu ;)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: February 06, 2011, 02:49:18 pm »

To Crossbowdracon of Ravendangers.

When I designed your patrol route I expected you to go to the EXACT POINT I designated as a waypoint.  And even then, it's a wall patrol.  Fortifications one one side, long drop on the other, not hard to mess it up.

But fine, you wanna get a little creative and choose a slightly different location as the waypoint?  Fine, whatever, as long as you stay on the wall and do the route.

What is NOT fine is getting to one point, turning around, coming off the wall, leaving through the front gate, climbing up the mountain, and then walking to a ledge before turning around and doing it all in reverse.  I don't care that it's "within 3 urists" of your waypoint, stay inside the damn walls before you waste some perfectly good masterwork leather.  As punishment you get to watch as the miners deconstruct your favorite ledge before your eyes.

The Administration.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 504