Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1500773 times)

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #720 on: December 16, 2010, 06:11:35 pm »

Dear Vabok (High Master Lye Maker, Adequate Woodcutter, Dabbling Conversationalist, Legendary Meatshield):

Your tomb is ready. It has a statue of your god, engraved walls, and a small stockpile of specially commissioned lye to honor the trade you dedicated your life to and never got to pursue in our fort. Just die already. Really, it's OK. You have already done more than anyone expected. You are a true dwarf and everyone owes you.

That said: if you survive, you are so getting promoted. Militia commander or captain of the guard, depending on how much the doctors can fix you.  Either way, you're getting a lovely apartment of your own and no more hauling for the rest of your days. So, you know, keep swinging that shoe.

The Overseer

How did this end? Poor brave dwarf. I cannot imagine her surviving several infections, but it'd be incredibly awesome if she did.

Urist McTaverish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 16, 2010, 08:52:47 pm »

General Notification to all Urists From Your Loving Comrade what Lurks in the Shadows:
Due to the overpopulation problem in our fair fortress a new law has been instated.  effective immediately, all families are allowed only one, count them, ONE child.  All Urist McBabbyMakers who are currently pregnant will report to the danger room, and any children who are not first born will report to the arena.  We thank you all for you cooperation in advance, and trust you will continue your pathetic lives.

Remember: Happiness is mandatory.
Your Loving Comrade what Lurks in the Shadows
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.
But at least after all the chaos, the weather cleared.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 16, 2010, 10:22:20 pm »

General Notification to all Urists From Your Loving Comrade what Lurks in the Shadows:
Due to the overpopulation problem in our fair fortress a new law has been instated.  effective immediately, all families are allowed only one, count them, ONE child.  All Urist McBabbyMakers who are currently pregnant will report to the danger room, and any children who are not first born will report to the arena.  We thank you all for you cooperation in advance, and trust you will continue your pathetic lives.

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

HAIL BIG BROTHER URIST!!!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 16, 2010, 10:22:45 pm »

Dear GroundHog;

We are hungry, and when you have 17 bolts in your head, I think it's time to accept fate.

Love, dorfs.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 17, 2010, 09:04:51 pm »

Dear all Urists of Helmwaxed,

You've all been loyal to me, through the drought, the famine, the migrant overflow, the wild animal attacks, the floods, hell, even the drowning incidents. You know how to survive, I'll give you that, you magnificant bastards.

But going to party for a whole year while UristMcMiner, who was hurt digging the cistern so we could have water, was dying of thirst in unacceptable. "But boss, there's no buckets!" is not a good answer. We have a whole dozen of empty buckets RIGHT THERE Urists! "I wash dunk, bawsh" is not a good answer either (you should work on your acting, too), you are ALWAYS drunk you stupid beards on legs. I will see that each and every one of you suffocates on the miasma generated by Urist's ROTTING CORPSE.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:07:22 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 17, 2010, 10:18:45 pm »

Dear Urist McHero,
You are the definition of why you shouldn't be a hero.  There was a whole legion of goblin bowmen on the other side of the bridge, the one that spans over a volcano.  That they HAVE to use to get into our fortress.  I told you to go behind a corner in the hallway to protect yourself from their arrows while they run on the bridge so UristMcDoesn'tHaveAJob can pull the lever to raise the bridge and send them all to their doom.  Instead, you decided to charge on ahead, across the bridge.  I'm sure you were very confused when I very intentionally didn't send the rest of your squad to help you and let you die.  By the way, thanks for taking down 3 or 4 of those goblins while you were in a martial trance.  Want to know something interesting?  If you had stayed with your squad, you probably would have killed many more, and more importantly, NOT DIED. 

Dear Military,
How in the hell did a goblin elite bowman manage to evade attacks from 5 of you at once, headshot one and take limbs off a few others while running, and still hurt you as you stood around him in a corner poking at him?  Seriously, you should all be ashamed of yourselves, this is exactly why I train you to be good fighters and dodgers.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 17, 2010, 10:26:37 pm »

Dear Urist McHero,
You are the definition of why you shouldn't be a hero.  There was a whole legion of goblin bowmen on the other side of the bridge, the one that spans over a volcano.  That they HAVE to use to get into our fortress.  I told you to go behind a corner in the hallway to protect yourself from their arrows while they run on the bridge so UristMcDoesn'tHaveAJob can pull the lever to raise the bridge and send them all to their doom.  Instead, you decided to charge on ahead, across the bridge.  I'm sure you were very confused when I very intentionally didn't send the rest of your squad to help you and let you die.  By the way, thanks for taking down 3 or 4 of those goblins while you were in a martial trance.  Want to know something interesting?  If you had stayed with your squad, you probably would have killed many more, and more importantly, NOT DIED. 

Dear Military,
How in the hell did a goblin elite bowman manage to evade attacks from 5 of you at once, headshot one and take limbs off a few others while running, and still hurt you as you stood around him in a corner poking at him?  Seriously, you should all be ashamed of yourselves, this is exactly why I train you to be good fighters and dodgers.

Your entire squad only had one brain which they collectively shared. Unfortunately for you, your dorf who charged across the bridge took it with him when he did so and it enabled him to go into a martial trance. However, with him, the squad's collective brain died and so too did their combat ability.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 17, 2010, 10:31:48 pm »

Your entire squad only had one brain which they collectively shared. Unfortunately for you, your dorf who charged across the bridge took it with him when he did so and it enabled him to go into a martial trance. However, with him, the squad's collective brain died and so too did their combat ability.

Rare is it that I get to reference Give Me The Brain
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 17, 2010, 11:01:20 pm »

What is that? Link please.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 17, 2010, 11:53:14 pm »

Oh. Man. Is cheapass still around? I thought that company folded!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Shardok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 18, 2010, 07:33:00 am »

Dearest Urist McFrosty,

Please refrain from just placing your wagon anywhere in the future. Notable places where wagons should not be placed include: On ice, on rivers, on magma, at the highest possible point on the map, directly next to the elephant camp, or any other area that I deem unsuitable at the time of the wagon being placed.

Thank you for your time, and may you and all the other Dwarves die thanks to your idiocy.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 18, 2010, 11:12:43 am »

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

HAIL BIG BROTHER URIST!!!

Actually, it's a Paranoia reference, not a 1984 reference.

Oh. Man. Is cheapass still around? I thought that company folded!

Yeah, they're still around, but they're not so cheapass anymore.

Y'know, with a Paranoia reference and someone excited about CA games, I'm beginning to think there may be gamers of the student variety lurking on the forums.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 18, 2010, 11:36:23 am »

notice to all residents of Nosingkadol,

I understand your hatred towards kobolds but please in future circumstances try not to suffocate yourselves while attempting catch said kobolds.

, your overseer
                                            Urist McScoopbeard
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 18, 2010, 10:07:27 pm »

Dear Mayor,
You have my personal assurance that nobody is going to try to sell chains. It will never happen.

Mostly because everybody but you is too dead to trade anything.

Anyway, if you're still alive by the time some migrants arrive, I'll tell them not to trade any chains. You're probably going to ultimately die of infection if they arrive in time to give you water though, so I'll probably have your corpse kicked into the volcano and then trade a bunch of chains just to spite you.

Sincerely,
Your Overseer
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 504