Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1538128 times)

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #810 on: January 05, 2011, 09:53:55 am »

Dear Urist McMiner

the next time i order you to breach a wall for expanding my magma lake, please use the new ramp i builded for you, NOT the one flooded with magma. Hoping you are resting well in your tomb,

Iados

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 05, 2011, 10:14:09 am »

Dear Urist McWhatsascruple,

you are ripping me off here, man, ripping me off. And take some better stuff with you.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

sicksock

• Bay Watcher
  • Incompetent Marksman
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 05, 2011, 09:20:59 pm »

Dear Urist McMiner,

Please finish digging out the 4 squares left in my 36x26 combined storage and workshops, I want to build the damn thing already.

Sincerely, the guy in charge of the magma pumps
"I've been a bad, bad little Dwarf and I must simply be beaten. Oh don't use a weapon, use your bare hands and make me feel it"

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 06, 2011, 12:54:26 am »

Memo to all dwarves of Estriththining, "Spysap"
Re: Booze

I understand that we have run completely out of all alcohol. This is my fault. However, for future reference, when I am busy ordering the McMiner brothers to pierce the frozen aquifer and the McMason brothers to build unmelting ice walls to keep us dry when spring arrives, I'm not going to think to check the stocks. Try saying something if this happens next winter.

I have McBrewer on the job. Try not to mob him too hard when he finishes that first barrel.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 06, 2011, 02:04:42 am »

Dear migrants;

I do not care that you spent 20 years of your life learning to make soap. I will not have effeminate human notions of cleanliness in my fortress.
Enjoy your new career feeding the endless hunger of the smelters.

Signed; An avatar of Armok
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Avarage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 06, 2011, 03:16:56 am »

Dear Urist McRecruit,

Please tell me how you managed to kill your Axelord coach in a sparring session with a wooden training sword.
I'm not angry, because you may just be on to something.
If you could teach the rest of the military how to be so deadly with wooden weapons, it would give my weaponsmiths a break,
and we could conquer the world with wooden swords alone.

Sincerely,
Your impressed and confused overlord.

sicksock

• Bay Watcher
  • Incompetent Marksman
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 06, 2011, 06:37:42 am »

Dear Urist McMilitary Ex-Dwarf,

Please stop filling your waterskin from the brook hundreds of metres from the water source inside of our great (safe) obsidian fortress. Doing so leaves you venerable to the huge goblin siege that just showed up a mere 20 metres away from you and is charging as I write.

On second thoughts, nevermind.

Sincerly, Armok
"I've been a bad, bad little Dwarf and I must simply be beaten. Oh don't use a weapon, use your bare hands and make me feel it"

Lex Talionias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 06, 2011, 07:27:36 am »

Dear Masons
I am truly impressed, you work methodically and quickly to pave the streets and raise buildings in the glorious mountaincity the bastions. you all worked together to build the wall that keeps the goblins entering any place they please so our military can get to them before they get to our fair citizens. working along side the miners you built a glorious a water system under the entire city that provides well access within 20 blocks of any location in the city. truly magnificent work, i know it is far form gracious of me to criticize you as you work tirelessly and efficiently... but why do you leave random sections of floor and walls unbuilt? one of the truly luxurious noble housing estates was missing a single section of wall for the better part of 2 years after the rest of it was nearly built in a single week and that section was only done because i moved it back to the top of your building instructions 10 times... further more the cloth working shop was missing floors and walls on the second story which violates OHS in ways i cant begin to describe.

the lord mayor Shem

ps; yes i know the stigma around nobles in our society but i remind you i was originally just a bookkeeper and i have seen this city safely through 2 goblin ambushes that were less then a month apart so don't give me any of that 'useless noble' crap.

((not kidding, my mayor Shem Melbiluvel is an awesome dude, dose his job well and doesn't make many mandates except one for a single window which he ended without it being made in the end))
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

undead whales will seriously delay your megaproject.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 06, 2011, 01:23:28 pm »

Memo to the cooks of Estriththining, "Spysap"
Re: Quarry Bush Leaves

See all those leaves? Cook them. They serve no other purpose but to be cooked. Plump helmets can be made into wine. Pig tails can be made into thread or ale. The booze is booze. But the quarry bush leaves?

They're just taking up space. Cook them.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 06, 2011, 02:10:36 pm »

Dear Urist McPrisoner,

Sorry you got arbitrarily imprisoned for my decision to go against the ban and gift an extremely nice large gem to the mountainhomes, in order to speed up the arrival of the king. You're a legendary wood burner, my duke/mayor really likes large gems, and like most nobles, he can be unfair and all. You definitely didn't deserve it.
Well, I'm sorry everybody forgot to feed and water you. I did all I could, with several bastards walking around, jobless, but quite able to carry meals and drinks. They're just... well, you know. Fun-sized alcoholic sociopaths with ADD. Oh well. Hope it's nice wherever you are.

Send my greetings to Armok,

Your Overseer who's somewhat pleased that for once, a dead dwarf leaves no family behind
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

ElthMysterius

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 06, 2011, 07:05:19 pm »

( Just reported this in the What's Going On in Your Fort? thread, but I thought I'd post it here too. )

Dear Urist McWeaponsmith,

When you made your demands for materials, I made sure you were only supplied with steel, despite you going straight for the copper at first (seriously? Copper makes terrible weapons! ). And then you worked hard. You toiled and toiled. You could've gone down in history as the one who made that artifact weapon that felled titans, forgotten beasts, and innumerable goblins. A weapon of legend wielded by a dwarf of legend, made by a smith of legend!

Instead, you came up with this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While it is undoubtadly an extremely deadly weapon, how did you expect anyone to use the damn thing in battle? Nevertheless, it now rests in a trap flanked by two silver statues of our great military commander. You know, the one who really could've used an artifact battle axe.

Ass.

- Sincerely, Elth Mysterius the Anger of Disappointment.
"Strike the earth!"
"A section of the cavern has collapsed"
"Your fortress has crumbled to its end"
Yeah, in the future you probably shouldn't strike the earth quite so hard

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 07, 2011, 12:06:11 am »

... "The Stirred Greennessses?"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 07, 2011, 12:15:00 am »

You have an extra 's' in there.

Also, artifact corkscrew + other stuff = simultaneous noble-pleasing device and noble-"cleansing" device.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ElthMysterius

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 07, 2011, 12:55:36 am »

You have an extra 's' in there.

Also, artifact corkscrew + other stuff = simultaneous noble-pleasing device and noble-"cleansing" device.

No no, there ARE three consecutive 's'es in there.

Also I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have my militia commander weild an artifact. Even if it's a statue of him that does it.
"Strike the earth!"
"A section of the cavern has collapsed"
"Your fortress has crumbled to its end"
Yeah, in the future you probably shouldn't strike the earth quite so hard

Lex Talionias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 07, 2011, 01:40:21 am »

Dear Urist McPossesed

is there anyway for you to contact whatever possessed you and entice it to come to our fort as a weaponsmith? Solamnunok 'the national number' is the greatest bronze battle axe ever seen and weilded by our milta commander has hewn its way through 3 goblin ambushes with it and the rest of our weapons are... 'lacking' by comparison. lets just face it a skilled weaponsmith cant make anything to compare to your creation. however im just saying you could have been promoted form whatever menial task you do and be our legendary weaponsmith if you had just gone and had a secretive or fea mood! just saying is all.

also, same goes to that asshole leatherworker who went and made a shitty leather  buckler called 'wiltedmorals', while not the pride of the millitary you would have been made a great armour to gear up our crossbowmen in top of the range gear instead of being a nobody to be replaced by the first semi-competent migrant.

Sencirly, Urist McWouldLikeBetterArmourAndWeapons already.
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

undead whales will seriously delay your megaproject.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 504