Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1511357 times)

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #6855 on: December 19, 2016, 04:52:57 am »

Yeah but the little bastard can still tantrum. And we needed our caverns explored anyhow.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: December 19, 2016, 05:18:59 am »

I've never had even a stressed dwarf in the actual forts I've ran, and even in testforts never seen a tantrum.

I doubt your mayor can tantrum unless they're already very stressed or maybe stressed (like I said, I've never had a tantrum), in which case I'd like you to share your torture methods.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: December 19, 2016, 06:19:20 pm »

Dear Mountainhome

Please stop sending BABIES to fight me in the migration waves, I mean really, just babies without their parents or anything, aren't their forms, paperwork, things to sign, even a signup sheet or are you just grabbing random dwarves and shipping them here!?

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #6858 on: December 19, 2016, 09:57:55 pm »

My dorf with fractured two fractured hands, a fractured leg and three splints somehow dragged herself to the water pump and used her elbows and teeth to operate the pumps. Then she got exhausted, and about forty other dwarves walked past with mild disinterest as she dehydrated to death. In the final day of her life, I realized I was out of buckets.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: December 20, 2016, 01:49:37 pm »

I've never had even a stressed dwarf in the actual forts I've ran, and even in testforts never seen a tantrum.

I doubt your mayor can tantrum unless they're already very stressed or maybe stressed (like I said, I've never had a tantrum), in which case I'd like you to share your torture methods.

I had them - they are not that common any more, but they are still (occasionally) happening.

Note to Urist McTantrum:
Yes, seeing goblin teeth and toenails of trogs is really bad. Get over it already and dump the stuff in that corner under the ...
oh... you just destroyed the hatches. Now everybody walking past will get stressed. Great. The guard is on your tail, and I hope this time you will feel the full force of justice!
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: December 21, 2016, 04:10:45 am »

Attention Atir Kolamost, Farmer.

Your cloak is obstructing construction of the central spire's support columns.
I respectfully request that you please MOVE IT BEFORE I HAVE YOU LOCKED OUT IN THE DESERT TO DIE.

Sincerely,
Management.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: December 21, 2016, 09:21:59 pm »

Dear Management:

My cloak is trapped in the door jamb. Please deconstruct the door, and put the door somewhere else, so I can get the cloak out from under it.

Sending me out to die in the desert will just lead to you not getting those plump helmets you ordered last spring.

Thanks,

Atir Kolamost, Farmer.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: December 21, 2016, 10:00:30 pm »

Dear fallen Axe Lord,

You will be missed. Your legendary battle with the multiple dwarf slaying axegoblin will be recounted in our legends for years to come.
A memorial shrine is being erected in your honor on the site of your sacrifice. On behalf of everyone in Rumoredmerchants, we thank you.

Deepest respects,
Management.

@Thisfox
There wasn't even a door. It was way up top of fort, the whole areas a construction zone. Nothing but staircases and and half finished pillars that will eventually support the noble quarters.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: December 26, 2016, 05:39:36 pm »

Dear Urists,
Constructing that wall wouldn't be so dangerous if you didn't insist on walking through an operating reactor to get to it.
And for Armok's sake stop dumping your materials in the damned reactor!

Sincerely,
Management.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: December 27, 2016, 11:49:33 am »

Dear Cerol, Queen of paper,
I understand that you decided to become the new queen of our government, but WHY CAN'T YOU CONTINUE IN THE ARMY!?! YOU WERE MY ONLY LIVING SOLDIER! HOW AM I GOING TO DEFEAT THE KEA MENACE NOW!?
With respect, your highness,
Pikachu17.

Dear Serpent woman blowgunner,
Are you comfortable under that bridge? Do you need something? Something like your face bashed in? your race killed my second-to-last soldier! Sadly I can't currently get your skull crushed, because my last soldier defected due to royalty, But I promise your race shall pay for killing Might Mouse. DO YOU HEAR ME?
YOU SHALL PAY!!!
With hatred,
Pikachu17, the mighty.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: December 27, 2016, 12:54:37 pm »

Dear Mountain Homes-

Please stop sending all these farmers. I know that the marsh lands are filled with many plants to grow, and millers and planters are needed. But we are also sitting on top of massive amounts or coal, iron, and flux. Please instead of sending the multitudes of children, cheesemakers, and gelders, send a weapon smith, or perhaps someone with an once of creativity to possibly do something with all the plant fibers.

Sincerely
Overseer of a dry swamp with a lazy river.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: December 27, 2016, 02:13:05 pm »

The trick I found is to stop world gen early. You get more mega-beasts, but more quality dwarves.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

kaysic

• Escaped Lunatic
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: December 29, 2016, 10:35:28 am »

Urist. My man.

You were a legendary+5 brewer. You could keep up with the best of 'em, to the point that you ran out of work to do. I can respect that, man, I really can.

What I can respect is the fact that, of all the jobs in the fort to choose from, you decided to help take down the scaffolding in the temple project. And you did so in the literal only way that could result in catastrophe; one tile was designated last for deconstruction, yet you, for lack of access to the other ones, went to it first, triggering a cave-in as three levels of floor fell through the three below.

The miners/builders were fine. Their jobs require toughness, and so a little dust and a fall set them back a broken arm or two at MOST. You, however, managed to not only collapse the entire scaffolding, but you did so while standing on it, falling to your own doom and splattering across the pulpit.

Damnit, Urist.

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: January 01, 2017, 03:53:19 pm »

To the citizens of Bridgethunders,
Yes, I know there are Giant Flies up in the air above our fortress. There have been Giant Flies flying over our fortress regularly for the past ten years. They are both harmless and edible, and the barracks for the Marksdwarf squad is situated on the roof for this very reason. Furthermore, every last one of you is wearing your militia-issued steel mail shirt and short sword. There is no conceivable way for them to harm you. Please, for the love of the gods, stop panicking at the sight of them, abandoning your work, and running around atop our walls in full view of the besieging army. Unlike the aforementioned insects, they are both willing and able to cause you significant bodily injury.
Your overseer.

To Vicira Quicoyemeni, Queen of the Elves of Fevumina,
We regret to inform you that Mame Nedumeyi, the diplomat your dispatched to our fortress of Bridgethunders, capital of the Creative Dyes, has passed away following a spectacular lapse in judgement. As you may be aware, we bear you no particular animus, as evidenced by the past ten years of peaceful trade. Your merchants' cargoes of exotic animals and unusual musical instruments have always been welcome and appreciated here, and in return we have complied with your requests to limit our woodcutting. However, this year, your diplomat's arrival was significantly delayed, presumably due to the recent attack on our fortress by the Nakashim. As a result, he did not arrive at Bridgethunders until mid-Summer, coinciding with the arrival of the human merchant caravan and their accompanying diplomatic mission. Upon concluding his meeting and retiring to the tavern, Mame Nedumeyi suffered his bout of temporary insanity, as he proceeded to attack the bodyguard of the human Guild Representative with his bare hands, in full view of his well-armed companions and multiple visiting mercenaries, with predictable results.
We would like to repeat that he brought his death upon himself, and that we of Bridgethunders were in no way responsible for his passing. However, should you blame us for his misadventure, please take note of the condition of the landscape outside of our front gates. Pay particular attention to the hundreds of skeletons, amid thousands of shattered bolts and pools of blood. We hope you draw the proper conclusions. We also suggest that you take greater care in the selection and training of your diplomatic personnel in the future.
Limul Lederar, Queen of the Creative Dyes
P.S. We also regret to inform you that we are presently unable to return Mr. Nedumeyi's remains to his family. Frankly, there were a lot of pieces, and we have no idea where they all went.

To the Smiths' Guild of Bridgethunders,
As part of efforts to improve our standard of living and commemorate the tenth anniversary of our founding, we recently commissioned a series of fine statues from you all. We required only that their subject matter relate to our fortress in some way, but left the specific details up to your discretion. We recently took delivery of your works, and while we are satisfied overall, we do have a question. Most of you produced fine depictions of our glorious history, notable citizens, or our gods. However, we would like to ask Catten Edtulbomrek as to why she saw fit to produce no fewer than five gold statues of Etur Logemmegom being hit by a feather wood minecart when she was one year old? Etur suffered almost no injuries from the event, nor was it in any way notable or memorable.
Regards, the civic council of Bridgethunders.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 504