Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1512204 times)

achamalacha

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi there, you might know me from other tags like..
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #6465 on: August 26, 2015, 10:22:20 am »

Dear Dwarfs of Lancedpack,

your benoveled Overseer merely retired for a few weeks, to wander the world. To the day of his farewell severall Forgotten beast have been slayed, a dragon tamed, regular sieges been broken, and last but not least: many caravans, be it human or dwarven, came for trading and left without any harm - most of the time ecstatic with the trading afterwards.

Anyhow, after a few weeks time unsupervised, the fortress-bridge is wide open, whilst the remains of a caravan are scattered over the whole map. The remaining traders, guards and wagons are involved in fights with goblins and trolls in- and outside the fortress.

Meanwhile a forgotten beast is on the loose, trying to reach the surface, eventually end up in an fight with a stray dragon. Although both creatures are absorbed in their epic battle, they occasionally stop figthing each other to kill a nearby dwarf.

Meanwhile a confused dwarfen child is sitting on in front of the main entrance. It listens to the distant, yet approaching, deathly rumble of dragonfire mixing up with spittle of an forgotten beast... In agony it awaits it's certain, sudden end.

thanks, I'll leave you guys to it...
yours I don't even know why I care so much
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:18:42 am by achamalacha »

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: August 30, 2015, 08:17:47 am »

Dear Urist McBonecarver,

You've been at this fortress for over two years. At any time during that period, getting in a fey mood and demanding bones would not have been a problem. Did you really need to wait until our first undead siege? The refuse heaps and butcher shops are currently behind locked drawbridges, and I'm not going to put the entire fort at risk just so that you can get a few camel bones.

Granted, had I thought ahead, I could have prepared for a moody dwarf needing bones during an undead seige. Alas, I did not. Therefore, I hope you will forgive me for building a wall around your workshop; if you last until the end of the siege without going mad, I will be more than happy to let you out to gather bones.

Sincerely,

Your Facepalming Overseer.

Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: August 30, 2015, 07:24:49 pm »

dear overseer;

Just slaughter some geese, or breach the cavern and kill a critter.  Then build a butchers shop by a newly designated corpse stockpile and let somebody carve it up.

dont you wanna see my elkbird bone figurine of a wagon being scuttled? :x
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: August 30, 2015, 10:01:23 pm »

Dear She-Urist McWoodworker Husk,

Heeeeey! Hi! Hello! How are you doing? Everything good? Good okay? Things great? Greeeeat. Is the wooden cage comfortable? Not too small? Stare blankly for yes, start loving living things again for no.

Greeeeat.

Sincerely,
Armok

P.S. Sorry about stripping you naked and leaving your cage in the dining hall. Couldn't really tell the little rascals to stop undressing you after we got the axe out of your hands. What can ya do, eh?

No hard feelings, right?

Greeeeat.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

noirscape

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonic disaster
    • View Profile
    • noirscape.dev
« Reply #6469 on: September 10, 2015, 03:37:14 am »

Dear Urists of Tradediamond,

Urist McSacrifice got burned in that volcano. That was fine, I intended for him to die so we could set up the magma workshops. I engraved a slab and placed it in the memorial hall. I also constructed coffins to put away your pets that were outside during the goblin ambush. This was all good and fine. What is not fine is that despite the fact that Urist McSacrifice is properly memorialised, you still assign a free coffin to him. I left those coffins free so that you may decide who to put in them. You can't even encase him in a tomb because there is NO BODY. Now I'm stuck with an empty coffin that could be used to entomb other dead dwarves. But I can't, because Urist McSacrifice got assigned to it, despite being memorialized.

Please think next time you do these things. Its much more efficient to just let him keep his slab.

Sincerly,
Your Overseer who is suffering from FPS.

P.S.: To the Speardwarf squad: Those Goblins I ordered you to kill? Great job. Next time only, try not to get their parts everywhere, it annoys the cleaners.
don't take the above seriously. This is actually a pretty helpful group of people. Welcome to the insane asylum.

*Urist McEnlightened has been found dead, Enlightenment aneurysm.*

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: September 10, 2015, 04:43:39 am »

Dear Urists McAllOfYou

Please store the fucking bars in the fucking bins that the fucking carpenters spent for-fucking-ever making so you fucking haulers could fucking haul the fucking bars into the fucking bins, which are in the fucking stockpile with the bins value fucking maxed.

Sincerely,
Overseer McNoSenseNoReasonNoMercyOnlyRage

noirscape

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonic disaster
    • View Profile
    • noirscape.dev
« Reply #6471 on: September 14, 2015, 03:17:13 pm »

Dear Urist McBucketLover,

I wanted that cistern filled. What that means is roughly this:
1. You grab a bucket.
2. You walk to the water.
3. You fill the bucket.
4. You deposit the water in the well.
5. Reuse the bucket and go to step 2.
What you did instead:
1. You grab a bucket.
3. You fill the bucket.
5. Go to step 1.
You can reuse the same bucket you know. There is no need to grab a new one each time. The other dwarves keep hauling your buckets back to their stockpiles.

- Sincerly, the Managment.
don't take the above seriously. This is actually a pretty helpful group of people. Welcome to the insane asylum.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: September 16, 2015, 07:38:34 am »

Dear Urist McBucketLover,

I wanted that cistern filled. What that means is roughly this:
1. You grab a bucket.
3. You fill the bucket.
5. Reuse the bucket and go to step 2.
What you did instead:
1. You grab a bucket.
3. You fill the bucket.
5. Go to step 1.
You can reuse the same bucket you know. There is no need to grab a new one each time. The other dwarves keep hauling your buckets back to their stockpiles.

Tha’s as may be, but the buckets we’ve used’re all wet! We can’t go grabbin’ water with a wet bucket, now can we? That would make the water we fetched double-wet, and we all know what would happen then: probably nothin’ good. Now if only someone would let us stockpile those dangerously wet buckets by the pond where we’re droppin’ ’em anyway, maybe this wouldn’t be a problem!

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: September 17, 2015, 08:32:24 am »

Dear Mebzuth Adilkat,

You are the world's expert on the horrifying beasts of the darkness beneath the world, and also on buzzards. I'm counting on you to train the dozens upon dozens of monstrosities we capture in our cages. I understand it's a lot of work to do, but you have quite literally no other job, so why is there a constant backlog of untamed animals lately?

noirscape

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonic disaster
    • View Profile
    • noirscape.dev
« Reply #6474 on: September 17, 2015, 05:08:22 pm »

Dear Mebzuth Adilkat,

You are the world's expert on the horrifying beasts of the darkness beneath the world, and also on buzzards. I'm counting on you to train the dozens upon dozens of monstrosities we capture in our cages. I understand it's a lot of work to do, but you have quite literally no other job, so why is there a constant backlog of untamed animals lately?

Dear escondida,
I can't help it that I need to eat/drink/sleep/be on break/haul stuff immediately when one of those beasts look at me! Those beasts bring up a dwarfs most important needs you know! Like being alive.

Sincerly,
Mebzuth Adilkat

Prop42

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: nonsensical euphemisms] [BENIGN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: September 20, 2015, 10:41:01 am »

Dear Urist McFurnaceOperator

For fucks sakes, you're refusing to go back into the fort because there is a single pebble of granite in your way. You can easily move it out of the way, we have plenty of stone stockpiles, but instead, you're standing outside, in the rain, starving to death, and complaining about the rain. If you can't be bothered to get yourself out of this situation, you can keep being a masochistic bastard and dying of hunger.

Sincerely, Urist McInvisibleAllKnowingOverseer
@: You: "Can you tell me where I can find me?"
1: The Dwarf Philosopher: "I don't know myself, and I don't even know anyone who could tell you."

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: September 20, 2015, 11:30:48 pm »

Eh? Items on the ground (such as boulders) don't block pathing. They can just be walked over. Make sure your fort entrance is actually open.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: September 22, 2015, 01:59:56 pm »

Dear Vampire Mayor:

If you hadn't eaten all the engravers, jewellers, and metalcrafters, we would have better rooms and furniture for you to enjoy. As it is, you have brought this down upon yourself. So stop whinging.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: September 22, 2015, 08:10:22 pm »

Dear Urist McPossessed:

OK, it's great and all you want "trees... life..." for your preciousssss, but if you need these trees so badly we have this great big pile of trees out front...

Sincerely,
Your Overseer

Addendum:
Dear Urist McPossessed:

Sorry I forgot to get that dog skin tanned. Hope your wacky... whatever you're making turns out well!

Sincerely,
Your Overseer
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:22:20 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: September 22, 2015, 09:18:35 pm »

Dear Vampire Mayor:

If you hadn't eaten all the engravers, jewellers, and metalcrafters, we would have better rooms and furniture for you to enjoy. As it is, you have brought this down upon yourself. So stop whinging.

Dear Overseer Thisfox,

Cordial greetings to you, and thank you for your thoughtful letter. In response, let me just say BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! So as I believe I've made clear in my point-by-point response, the actions I took were completely justfied in context.

Yours sincerely,
Urist McVampire-Mayor
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 504