Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1538601 times)

customlemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a morning person
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #6450 on: August 07, 2015, 11:49:29 am »

Dear dwarves

If I see any of you going on a tantrum spiral because we killed some dirty goblins,
you will get a one way ticket to the nearest magma chamber.

Signed,
A spy-hater
Needs !!FUN!! to get through the working day

Fperson1

• Bay Watcher
  • A Distressing Lack of Weaponsmiths
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: August 07, 2015, 07:38:41 pm »

To the dwarves of Glowingsteel:

Yes, I know you can't reach the spot you're trying to clean, and the objects you're trying to retrieve. This is because it's in the third cavern layer, a place we have no connection to and have not officially discovered, and that I know about only because your incessant job cancellation messages forced me to use DFHack's reveal tool my phenomenal cosmic power to locate the crundle corpses you are all dead-set on returning to the refuse stockpile. To rectify this problem, I have issued a decree that non-hunted corpses should be left where they fall, and that no dwarf should clean anything, ever, or at least until we can safely enter the third cavern layer and you can all clean that one patch of blood that so offends your sensibilities.

With love,
The Overseer of Glowingsteel
Upon reflection, I realize that Magma-duct #2 will either work fine, or flood the area that the militia trains.
Go out there and make those 12 children of yours proud... or I'll draft all of them and send a giant ball of your progeny at the enemy if you die. Fun for the whole family!

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: August 07, 2015, 11:01:10 pm »

To the dwarves of Glowingsteel:

Yes, I know you can't reach the spot you're trying to clean, and the objects you're trying to retrieve. This is because it's in the third cavern layer, a place we have no connection to and have not officially discovered, and that I know about only because your incessant job cancellation messages forced me to use DFHack's reveal tool my phenomenal cosmic power to locate the crundle corpses you are all dead-set on returning to the refuse stockpile. To rectify this problem, I have issued a decree that non-hunted corpses should be left where they fall, and that no dwarf should clean anything, ever, or at least until we can safely enter the third cavern layer and you can all clean that one patch of blood that so offends your sensibilities.

With love,
The Overseer of Glowingsteel

Still not as bad as hospital cancellation spam. One missing bucket can freeze your entire fortress.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: August 08, 2015, 12:43:57 am »

Dear Urvad Soloneshtan and Thob Vukcaslikot,

I have went to great lengths to ensure that all of the starting seven will have a lasting legacy in the fortress by painstakingly assigning each dwarf a spouse and their own luxury marriage suites.

Now Urvad, I know it is not your fault for being born in an earlier time, thus making finding a spouse unnecessarily complicated by being older (101 years) than the rest of the general population, as well as most of the prospective migrant population.

I also know it is not your fault for being born homosexual dearest Thob, thus not being eligible as a prospective mate for Urvad though you are the only remaining lady that is of eligible age in our dwarfish customs. It pains me greatly to have to realign your gender and sexual inclination for the sake of the greater good of the fortress, but it must be done. So I hope you forgive me.

Now, I tried to get you both married, but you stayed as lovers for how ever many many years. That's fine - as your overlord I have ways of bypassing that with time bending capabilities. So I went back a few years before you knew each other and tinkered with your memories and sexual inclination so that you officially became husband and wife. Peachy. I even removed all your labors as a privilege so that you'll both have a whole deal of time to spend with each other. Its been 4 years since then. Really all I ask is that you two get a little freaky with each other and bear yourselves and the fortress a heir for your troubles.

Is that so much to ask?

Yours sincerely,
The Overseer of Facehugged.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6454 on: August 09, 2015, 11:09:54 pm »

as an aside, tree seeds, if cookable, are by default enabled (rambutan and durian) so not quite all seeds are disable by default.

Dear three (3!) terrifying biomes- where are all the undead? i know there is a small joyful wilds as well, but i have had what, one undead weasel in 4 years? nothing is getting stuck, there plenty of animals coming and going, so why am i only getting boring things? wild boar and gazelle are not interesting. and neither are the endless stream of white storks. there aren't even any interesting weather, just the horribly annoying permanet dizzyness and elf blood

Where have all the undead gone... long time passing...
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: August 10, 2015, 08:05:17 pm »

Where is my Frankenstein's monster?
Where is my Thriller song?
Where is my Fun ending?
Where have all the undead gone?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: August 10, 2015, 08:39:24 pm »

0_o

I get hit with them all the time.

The last time was zombie ogres.

Zombie ogres + dwarf = suspicious red stain and nothing else.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6457 on: August 11, 2015, 01:11:31 am »

Dear Urist McFisherdwarf, Urist McMechanic, and Urist McSurgeon,

Why did you choose a raising drawbridge to stand on, of all locations? Two of you even managed to stand on the anchor point, and all three of you have been atomsmashed. Now I have to slab you as your corpses have literally vanished from existence.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6458 on: August 13, 2015, 07:40:10 am »

Last week marked the fifth anniversary of my starting this thread.  We have over half a million (!) views, and close to 6500 posts over 432 pages.  I've made a lot of forums posts, posts ion my LJ, etc, but nothing I've done has even come close to this.  Thanks for making Note to Urist such  an amazing thread, guys!

Back on topic, Dorfs of Wadwhipped, y u no smelt that nice chunk of hematite?  I need it to make a second pick.  Is hematite requiring two ore now?  I keep getting "Needs hematite ore" even though it's accessible, mined out, etc.

I'm about to revoke all your energy domes.  They obviously aren't working on your thick skulls.

the Overseer
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: August 15, 2015, 11:02:22 am »

Dear Swiftobey;

Y U only have one name?  Most humies have a first and last name.  Are you some kind of legend; whose nickname supercedes his actual government?  Were you raised by kobolds?  You seem pretty run-of-the-mill, except you married a general.

Get a first name you hippie punk.

Pedit:  Dear Zombie human.

Why are you camped next to elven encampments?  Im entirely confuzzled whats going on here.  I come out of fast travel to find you gunning for my head and elves sleeping peaceably in theur happy little cloth tents.  hunh.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:12:46 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: August 15, 2015, 01:51:38 pm »

DEAR URIST THE TERRAIN ISN'T DANGEROUS ITS A PATCH OF GRASS WITH NOTHING ON IT AGKSDA7GHASDG3%KHASDG!!!!!!!!!

Cordially,
AS5!^&!DGKHAS&7DGH!!!!!!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

blazing glory

« Reply #6461 on: August 25, 2015, 09:58:02 am »

Dear...Sigun, and Rakust.

I know you don't want to venture into the caves for advanced combat training, but that's no excuse for refusing to don your full set of equipment in protest.

Refusing to grab a breastplate, a shield, a pair of gauntlets, and a second boot to complete the set (talking to you, Sigun.) is likely to make your death even more likely.

The other 4 members of The Diamond Controls happily grabbed a full set, seriously, the armor bin is right there, just get the rest of it and get it over with.

Signed, an overseer without a trained military.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: August 25, 2015, 10:39:17 am »

To the dwarves of Minebolt:

Why must you insist on the mayor being the thresher who only likes large gems?

Sincerely,

The displeased overseer who fabricates the elections in the broker's favor.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: August 25, 2015, 11:11:12 am »

Dear Overseer Nesga Mer, CXC’th of that name,

’Cause that thresher’s a real nice dorf who knows what's best for the fort, my friend! Think o’ what we c’n buy wit’ ’em! And they’re mighty simple ta produce, too! So long as ye have yer gem cutters cuttin’ gems, they’ll gift the fort wit’ plenny o’ the things.

Yers,
Urist McDorf

P.S.: “Nesga Mer,” what is that, some sorta gobble-un name?

blazing glory

« Reply #6464 on: August 25, 2015, 11:29:15 pm »

Dear Forgotten Beasts in the Caverns Below Arrowpelt.

Or whatever it is down there causing trouble.

I would appreciate it if you would kindly not set fire to the Caverns, because while I'm not using them, it's rather messy and I neglected to make the gate post entirely out of stone, I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't got a message about some Cave Swallow person apparently spontaneously combusting.

Stop setting fires or I'll set The Diamond controls on you no matter how well equipped they are at the moment.

Sincerely, The Overseer.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 504