Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1511122 times)

Optio_Pootis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #6030 on: August 24, 2014, 03:28:10 pm »

Dear Urist Abbeykilled:

I know you're angry about being dehydrated. That doesn't make it okay for you to murder the whole fortress with a copper pickaxe.

Sincerely, every member of the fortress of Lemonale.

P.S: Please don't touch the golden drum, it's rather nice and I'd like for it to not be lost.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6031 on: August 24, 2014, 09:18:38 pm »

Dear Dumac McDwemer, (Nchardahrk mod)

While I realize that many weight matters occupy your brilliant mind, one of them really ought to be on getting those farm plots set up.  Brilliance can't outwit starvation, I'm afraid.

Yours,

The Tonal Architect (Overseer) of Fightracks.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: August 29, 2014, 10:02:41 am »

Dear Overseer Nyxalinth,

Why should I bother setting up farm plots? I put a dozen barrels in an out-of-the-way stockpile, came back two weeks later, and they were all filled with food! Mind you, I had to fight some anonymous bandits to get to it, but it worked! As a bonus, I accidentally left a -coffer- I was hauling nearby, and I found a full set of masterful steel plate inside, though I had to fight a giant robot thing to get to that. Two weeks later, I fought the same bandits and robot and got more free food and armor! Tell me again why you want me to waste time farming?

Yours sincerely,
Ngerthamek the Dwemer

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: September 03, 2014, 03:38:26 pm »

Dear Urist McBrewer,

The fortress is running out of booze ever since we got that wave of thirty-two new dwarves making our glorious hold their home. I do not appreciate you going on break for half a month when we only have six units of dwarven wine left in the booze stockpile.

Sincerely,

The Overseer (who is beginning to bite his nails hoping nobody goes for a drink until you return to your post)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: September 04, 2014, 12:56:14 am »

Dear Inod Bandanvils,

we're all very happy of your progress as a member of your assigned militia squad. For what I've heard, your conduct has been exemplary and you're truly an asset to our small but efficient military. However, as the Overseer, I have to relay a message from your squad mates and the general fortress populace:

For Armoks sake, please put some pants on.

You have been strutting around the fortress with your dwarfy bits flapping in the wind for two years now and people are really starting to complain. We have some very nice steel greaves and piles of masterful leather pants just waiting in the stockpiles. Go ahead and help yourself.

At this rate you're bound to have some sort of sparring accident that will put an end to your dreams of raising a family. Seriously, put some pants on. And get a pair of boots too, while you're at it.

Regards,

The Overseer.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: September 04, 2014, 02:38:26 pm »

Dear Urists;

Please construct the special odered wooden doors in a timely fashion.  While we were waiting, idly, for you, the siege was broken by their own retarded-ness, and now we have a zombie problem instead of a siege problem.  And we still have a poison gas spewing BD that needs doors.  Stop hauling body parts and rocks around and make the damn door.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: September 06, 2014, 04:40:53 am »

Dear dwarves or Whiskeredroads,

There is plenty of space in our food stockpiles.To be sure,i also made a new one.I couldn't help but notice,however,that no matter what,you prefer to lounge in the dining hall,leave our harvest to rot and only pick them up after they have withered.I just want you to know that when you inevitably starve,i will be laughing with your stupidity while pondering the similarities between your situation an a certain Aesop's fable...

Truly yours,

Your overseer who doesn't care about anything anymore

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: September 06, 2014, 07:13:41 am »

What happened to all the gneiss rock puns?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: September 06, 2014, 08:23:32 am »

They got taken for granite.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6039 on: September 06, 2014, 09:40:48 am »

Dear Overseer Nyxalinth,

Why should I bother setting up farm plots? I put a dozen barrels in an out-of-the-way stockpile, came back two weeks later, and they were all filled with food! Mind you, I had to fight some anonymous bandits to get to it, but it worked! As a bonus, I accidentally left a -coffer- I was hauling nearby, and I found a full set of masterful steel plate inside, though I had to fight a giant robot thing to get to that. Two weeks later, I fought the same bandits and robot and got more free food and armor! Tell me again why you want me to waste time farming?

Yours sincerely,
Ngerthamek the Dwemer

Well played, sir, well played.  Too bad that supposedly ultra super rare obscure lore related KIMUNE showed up and wasted everyone.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #6040 on: September 06, 2014, 09:46:55 am »

Dear everybody,

About three years ago I told you dig a channel out of the river so we could freeze the water, dig the tunnel out, hook the  and flood the reservoir in the spring.

I designated all plants for processing and harvesting and brewing.

None of you would brew despite your labour settings. Nobody channeled the water way because apparently some random hole in the ground, a hundred levels below, was more important. Nobody would link the lever to the floodgate because on the safe side of the floodgate you were standing on (oh no!) a slight incline. Truly treacherous terrain.

Three years later about 30 of you have died from dehydration. If Trem is the only surviving one of you for the second time in a row, and has to wait until more migrants show up, I won't give a god damn ounce of care. You're dead because you wouldn't save yourselves.

Added to this, three years ago I ordered slabs engraved for various ghosts. there are now six ghosts and nobody has yet to lift a damn finger despite a plethora of slabs and engravers. As a result, your only hope against any violent force has just been beaten bloody by about three of them. She's the only one among you who's worth piss in an olive jar.

You're all getting wooden caskets. You're all getting haphazardly stacked in the caverns. You're not worth the burial hall. You're all dead by Spring and I don't remotely care. If the goblins come after that I'm strongly considering letting the bastards in. You're all worthless.

Now shut up and die quickly,
The overseer.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:58:11 am by WordsandChaos »

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: September 07, 2014, 12:59:27 am »

Dear Urist McVampire:
  Now, I generally don't have a problem with your kind. In fact, under different circumstances ou would be our champion, single-handedly wiping out 70 Goblin sieges, but I found you in other circumstances. You started by killing my legendary miner. They found her rotting carcass drained of blood. Then, you killed a CHILD. That's the future of our military when he's 12! After you were convicted of these murders, I had you imprisoned, but somehow you managed to win an entire political campaign as you were dragged down the hall to your cell, replacing the old mayor that I liked. After over a year of incarceration, you were released, met with a liaison, and went about your foul deeds, draining yet another child and a legendary mason. Needless to say, I forged a hammer and appointed a special noble.

100 hammer strikes later, you're sitting here in the hospital with no teeth, broken bones, and an infection. You have been refused treatment. The old mayor was appointed as baroness. You're done.

Please stop killing my Dwarves while I isolate you and prepare you for war. Your bloodlust would be better served on Goblins. If you do not conform, you will die.

Your petty Overseer.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:01:00 am by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: September 07, 2014, 01:09:39 pm »

Dear Soilwives (my custom professions),

Please make beer in time. It was in the queue for ages. I had to turn off all other jobs to make you do it. Dwarves were getting very thirsty, and we need good quality goods for the caravans!
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: September 08, 2014, 12:04:31 pm »

Deear Urist McFisher,
I can only guess how you could achieve such an incredible ability in your job. You could be able to feed the entire fortress by yourself spending a day at the river!

Notice how I said you COULD do it? That's because you seem to forget something quite important.
You see, dwarves don't like raw, unprepared fish for dinner; they usually want someone to do something with it, to make it actually possible to eat.
I also noticed that you are the only one who is able to do such thing in our fortress, being as good at fish cleaning as you are at fishing. i foolishly expected to do such thing sooner or later.

Anyway, this doesn't matter anymore. Do you hear that noise? I'll explain to you what that noise is.

My fortress is still young, I don't have a single door yet, and I just had time to dig an underground water tank (that doubles as your fishing zone) before before hiding from the giant wolves outside; therefore if you capture and leave at your feet dozens of fishes, they will sooner or later start to rot and spread miasma everywhere. Now, you might be estatic for your great life, but somebody else is not. And that cloud of miasma happened to be the final blow to their sanity. that's why we now have two berserk dwarves in the meeting hall, killing everyone on sight. Also, one of them is our miner. He will find you in a minute.

Our fortress is doomed, and it looks like it was your fault... Great work.

Sincerely,
your sad, sad Overseer.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: September 08, 2014, 01:47:46 pm »

Dear Besmar, Militia commander;

You see what happened?  Why did you do it, man?  We had to send the whole military to save you ass.  And 5, no 6 so far, dwarves have died because of you.  Why did you try to pick up some random sock in the forbidden zone, after I lost the locky door?  Your punishment will not be administered by me, rather fate has seen to it that you should wallow in your own blood as you are too conscious to recover but not unconscious enough to get bad thoughts from being a dumbass.

You darn moron, die in a fire.  but come back inside before another siege.

Overseer.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 504