Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1510841 times)

blazing glory

Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #5611 on: February 06, 2014, 03:58:46 pm »

*Snip*

When that saves him from a ballista bolt, let me know.

We are somewhat straying from the subject here,the head is always the head and will never not be the head,while the lower torso for some reason is both legs and above the waist at the same time

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: February 06, 2014, 10:51:53 pm »

*Snip*

We are somewhat straying from the subject here,the head is always the head and will never not be the head,while the lower torso for some reason is both legs and above the waist at the same time
It's because the raws are somewhat abstract. I mean sure, there are various things to put some logic into the body-parts, but you could have two creatures that are conceptually somewhat different, but with the same raws.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

blazing glory

« Reply #5613 on: February 06, 2014, 10:59:07 pm »

*Snip*

It's because the raws are somewhat abstract. I mean sure, there are various things to put some logic into the body-parts, but you could have two creatures that are conceptually somewhat different, but with the same raws.
oh well,lets just forget about it

anyone have any notes they want sent to urist?

Dear urist mcsewer monster

Can you please stop skulking in the sewer because I can't breathe water

sincerly,a grumpy adventurer

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: February 07, 2014, 11:31:34 am »

A note to Uruk Mcorc:

Please FINISH BRINGING YOUR KILLS IN.

Don't drop them mid haul for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. You haven't been spooked, locked out, anything, you just seem to be randomly dropping your dead animals for n reason at all. This means we have no meat, no bones, nothing. None of that means no better weaponry. No better weaponry means no warband. No warband means the inferior races like the elves will kill us with their treachery.

- Clan Leader Doof
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

blegh

• Bay Watcher
  • "That was satisfying!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: February 07, 2014, 09:36:55 pm »

Dear archers,

Please stop whining about feeling sick .
I explicitly told you not to go hunting because the surface is all covered in acid sludge and yes, it hurts when you try to wade through that.

But you wouldn't listen.
You wouldn't even listen when i told you to go to that room 20 lvls beneath the entrance-hall and stay there, giving me stupid
excuses like "i'm off duty now" or "i'm not in the army you know" or "burrows are for women".

I would also like to take the opportunity to give you my whole-hearted thanks for dumping your quivers on said acid sludge when i decided to draft you into the military and *ordering* you to go inside.
As if you didn't know your family would hurry outside to pick up the stuff.

All of them are now sick as well. If not dead because of those half-rotting camels you managed to attract the attention from.
To be more precise: Of the 74 happy dwarves that were once running this magnificent fortress-to-be, there are now only 26 left.

Lying of the floor. Crying. Vomiting. Because of you.

Kinds regards,
Hope you get well soon,

Overseer.

blazing glory

« Reply #5616 on: February 07, 2014, 09:54:04 pm »

Dear archers,

Please stop whining about feeling sick .
I explicitly told you not to go hunting because the surface is all covered in acid sludge and yes, it hurts when you try to wade through that.

But you wouldn't listen.
You wouldn't even listen when i told you to go to that room 20 lvls beneath the entrance-hall and stay there, giving me stupid
excuses like "i'm off duty now" or "i'm not in the army you know" or "burrows are for women".

I would also like to take the opportunity to give you my whole-hearted thanks for dumping your quivers on said acid sludge when i decided to draft you into the military and *ordering* you to go inside.
As if you didn't know your family would hurry outside to pick up the stuff.

All of them are now sick as well. If not dead because of those half-rotting camels you managed to attract the attention from.
To be more precise: Of the 74 happy dwarves that were once running this magnificent fortress-to-be, there are now only 26 left.

Lying of the floor. Crying. Vomiting. Because of you.

Kinds regards,
Hope you get well soon,

Overseer.

You know what they say

LOSING IS FUN

blegh

• Bay Watcher
  • "That was satisfying!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: February 07, 2014, 10:01:17 pm »

You know what they say

LOSING IS FUN

It is. :)  And addictive.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: February 07, 2014, 10:52:29 pm »

Dear Dorfs,

Please, please stop running away from elk birds every frickin' time you're going to get some addy for the sword I'm going to give to a future adventurer.

Signed,

Moi

P.S. Avoid cutting into caverns at all costs, cave moss and underground mushtrees are fugly
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: February 10, 2014, 03:52:10 pm »

Dear dwarves of Lashdye (I actually wanted to use Lashdyes),

What is your minor obsession with artifact grates, the miner just made the 7th artifact grate in the fort (and the third obsidian grate, but that's only because I've been forcing obsidian to be chosen with mason type moods), why aren't you guys making other stuff like, oh say, armor stands or something?

Are you guys trying to tell me something here?

Your slightly annoyed and somewhat perplexed overseer.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: February 10, 2014, 04:13:56 pm »

Dear Dwarven Militia Captain

I set your equipment to use a steel battleaxe for a reason. Please stop using your fists. The goblins almost got in that time, and if it wasn't for Urist McHammerdwarf blocking the door, they probably would have.

From
Your frustrated overseer.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: February 10, 2014, 04:20:09 pm »

Dear Overabomination of Lashdye(s?),

We are trying to indicate that this fort needs a building destroyer-and Overseer-safe magma heating system. Flooding the caverns with magma would also be appreciated.

The craftsdwarves of Lashdye
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: February 11, 2014, 05:43:04 am »

Dear Urist McMilitia

During that ambush when I recruited you and assigned you to use a warhammer and then sent you to fight, i meant you to pick the hammer to beat those goblins, not to just run and punch them, and dont give me cheap excuses, Catten got the hammer. Too bad another ambushed showed up and killed almost all the militia, anyway, screw you Urist, you'll get the cheapest coffin.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: March 02, 2014, 08:19:00 am »

A note to Urist McMilitary:
PUT.
ON.
YOUR.
FUCKING.
ARMOUR.
WE HAVE TONS OF STEEL ARMOUR, WHICH I HAVE EXPLICITLY CHECKED AS "UNFORBIDDEN". STOP FUCKING ABOUT AND GO PUT IT THE FUCK ON YOU STUPID, FUCKING, TWATS.

-The Overseer who is on the verge of letting the circus visit just to watch you idiots suffer.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: March 02, 2014, 01:47:33 pm »

A note to Urist McMilitary:
PUT.
ON.
YOUR.
FUCKING.
ARMOUR.
WE HAVE TONS OF STEEL ARMOUR, WHICH I HAVE EXPLICITLY CHECKED AS "UNFORBIDDEN". STOP FUCKING ABOUT AND GO PUT IT THE FUCK ON YOU STUPID, FUCKING, TWATS.

-The Overseer who is on the verge of letting the circus visit just to watch you idiots suffer.

Have you tried setting the equipment to replace clothing?
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 504