Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1511075 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #5250 on: September 08, 2013, 04:51:22 pm »

Had the same problem recently Baffler.  In my cistern, filled only with rock and eventually water, one of my miners was badly burned by the same.  No idea what's going on there.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: September 08, 2013, 05:02:58 pm »

That's a glitch with the way cave-ins work. For some reason the game refers to cave-in dust as "boiling magma". Thankfully, it's only a display issue, those injuries you see are from being tossed about by the cave-in.

At least that's what I think it was. They aren't partially melted, are they?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: September 08, 2013, 08:13:06 pm »

One of them seems to have had their hand scorched, but it flew off in an arc when he hit the far wall so the only evidence I have is that the glove was a xglovex, and that's definitely not definitive. I have no idea why they flew so far, and in such a strange direction. One of them is already out of the hospital, and the one who lost a hand will be pretty soon. They both got infections though, so I'm not too hopeful for their future prospects. They were supposed to dig down into the firsrt cavern from above where I found a lake, but they obviously couldn't so the only water available was from a big murky pool. But anyway, it doesn't look like they were burned too seriously if at all.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: September 09, 2013, 09:46:53 am »

Dear Urist McMarksdwarf

You have all 25 copper bolts in you quiver, so you can shot 25 times! Don't go back to resupply when you still have 22 bolts!

Your Boss.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: September 09, 2013, 10:03:01 am »

Dear Urist McMarksdwarf

You have all 25 copper bolts in you quiver, so you can shot 25 times! Don't go back to resupply when you still have 22 bolts!

Your Boss.

Wait.  You can get them to go back for resupply?!  I'm not sure I'd be upset at this, personally.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: September 09, 2013, 10:14:02 am »

Dear Urist McMarksdwarf

Your Boss.

Wait.  You can get them to go back for resupply?!  I'm not sure I'd be upset at this, personally.
I don't know, what causes it. DFHack? Or maybe singe bolt stacks? It doesn't help that much when they go to get more bolts after few shots.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:15:47 am by Volfgarix »

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: September 09, 2013, 12:11:51 pm »

Dear Urist McAllAndSundry,

31186☼ of xused clothingx. Is this what it's like to have a 235-strong fortress with invaders turned to FUCK OFF? At least I have the caravans as my seasonal garbage dump...

Mildly baffled,
Overseer of Fernsteels

P.S.: Good work on the serrated green glass discs. I promise I won't trade away food anymore.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: September 09, 2013, 02:32:15 pm »

Dear Lokum McWhiny,

Yes I know your right arm and left hand are broken and yes I know you lost the ability to grasp, but shouldn't you still be able to use your RIGHT hand to pick up the owned item you are desperately trying to get at? Also, your grasp isn't permanently lost, so SHUT UP AND WAIT FOR THE BONES TO HEAL! Dangit!.

Overseer of Delervathez
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:43:19 pm by smjjames »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: September 09, 2013, 02:42:26 pm »

DEaR oVer33R;

!t"s v3Ry hArD to wite usig mY rIgh han. Yuo s3e, i an lef haNeD.

MY wif k3eps yeLiG at M3 to cleam uP my R0om, an I Can't g3t any wrest.
If yoU an shet hur Up, I woulNt haf to fIL3 canC3LaTioN reP0rt$.

Pleace m3m0v3 tha cAbiM3t y00 iN$tAlL3d iN owr r0oM.

Uri$T NcL3fHaMed

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: September 09, 2013, 02:44:14 pm »

LOL!, nice fake-response.

Edit: After I assigned him to a burrow over a bridge in an attempt to re-injure him, he shut up anyway, so.... I guess THAT works.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:46:38 pm by smjjames »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: September 09, 2013, 02:54:01 pm »

LOL!, nice fake-response.

Edit: After I assigned him to a burrow over a bridge in an attempt to re-injure him, he shut up anyway, so.... I guess THAT works.

Fits Wierd's response too.

What would be even funnier is if the reason the cancellation spam stopped was because he was now separated from the yelling wife - and if he were to resume it should she be assigned to the same distant burrow as he.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: September 09, 2013, 04:16:57 pm »

Dear Urist McBlind,

What do you mean there are no seeds?  The stockpile, which I designed to hold them, has tons of them?  No spawn?  It's RIGHT THERE!?!?
No lye carrying container?  Do you mean a bucket?   That one right NEXT to you?  Or how about that one over there somebody left outside in the rain?  What do you mean you can't collect the sand without a bag? (censored)  You have a ton of bags!  I just spent the last few hours shearing, spinning, and making bags!  Than I got some from the humans.  Sand bags, dye bags, flour bags, leather bags, cloth bags, silk bags.  Carry the sand in the bags!  Or in your HAND!  I don't care!  I have bins, buckets, jugs, pots, mugs, coffers, backpacks, bags, barrels, wheelbarrows, chests, and cabinets!  I know I have them because you people leave them all over the place. You don't seem to USE them.  Oh no, you dump your stuff on the floor of your bedrooms, right NEXT to them!
Pick one and use IT! 

signed,

Rage-Quit
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:23:15 pm by callisto8413 »
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Durmatagno

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep Canceled: Playing Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: September 09, 2013, 04:51:34 pm »

Dear UristMcRandomCandy

How did you end up with a candy battle axe? Your one of my starting seven, we haven't even gotten into year two and you have a candy battle axe and seven orc kills under your belt. Where did these come from? Can you please tell me, I want more candy so I can be decked out before I send you along to the circus.

Dear UristMcHunter

How, HOW, did you tear the elephant in half with a -Pine Bolt-. I'm thankful that you did, and I somehow missed you being a legendary+2 archer, but how did you manage it? The meat will feed us for awhile, and you deserve an upgrade to bone bolts for that.

Dear UristMcPlanter

How did you end up in my kobold pit? Its behind two airlocks and is a 10 level drop with no other ways in or out, and yet you were unharmed, even by the kobolds you beat to death with your bare hands. As soon as I finish setting up the airlocks for the way in, I'll upgrade your room to 3x3 and make you my only militia dwarf for now.

Dear UristMcMason

Why are you carving the cheetah bones? Bone carving isn't even enabled for you yet you've made it to master ranks, and are just ignoring your duty to make the bridges we need up for the airlocks.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: September 09, 2013, 07:08:54 pm »

To any of you drunken bearded dunderheads,

Why the hell are you CARRYING the wheelbarrow back to the stockpile?  It rolls.  It rolls faster with a ROCK in it.  Put a damn rock in it and ROLL it!

-Overfiend.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: September 09, 2013, 07:42:14 pm »

To any of you drunken bearded dunderheads,

Why the hell are you CARRYING the wheelbarrow back to the stockpile?  It rolls.  It rolls faster with a ROCK in it.  Put a damn rock in it and ROLL it!

-Overfiend.

Dear overfiend,

We are following The Instruction Manual to the letter!

Why aren't you pleased with our work?

--Your loyal minions
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 504