Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1511050 times)

InfinityOrNone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #5205 on: August 26, 2013, 11:40:19 pm »

Dear Urist McMigrant,

Why do you have a crown made from the nails of a dead dwarf?

-Armok

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: August 26, 2013, 11:53:04 pm »

Dear Urist McMigrant,

Why do you have a crown made from the nails of a dead dwarf?

-Armok

Vy do you ask? Do you think zis should make you concerned?

Urist von NotVampire
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: August 27, 2013, 12:01:48 am »

Dear Urist McCarpenter.

While I am very glad that you show an uncommon concern for your fellow Dwarf, will you PLEASE stop chasing Urist McMigrantMason around? He seems to be confused as to what you are doing and you keep interrupting his work which he so willingly took on as soon as he arrived.

I am sure he is perfectly fine.

Dear Urist McMigrantMason

WTF is wrong with you? EVERYTHING is yellow and the carpenter keeps bringing you to the hospital only for you to get right back up again. At which point he chases you around the map until he catches you. While it is amusing to watch I have to ask WTF happend to you? I cant find anything wrong with you anywhere and yet everything but your head is yellow and you dont seem to care.

Your confused overseer.

InfinityOrNone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: August 27, 2013, 12:59:05 am »

Dear Urist McGhost,

We are under siege at the moment. We don't have any stone in the fort and, even if we did, we'd have no way to place  your slab in the Dead Men's Garden. As such, it would be a better use of your anger to go terrorize some goblins as opposed to murdering your wife.

-Armok

Pinstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: August 27, 2013, 12:37:05 pm »

Dear Urist McMiner

When I designate a set of rooms to be used for storage or workshops, could you kindly FINISH digging all the tiles in one room before moving to the next? Designating them one at a time is tedious.

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: August 27, 2013, 01:20:21 pm »

Dear Urist McBroker,

When I eliminated all tasks from your schedule when I appointed you broker, it was with the intent that you would arrive at Caravans in a timely fashion. Taking a break.. Why? You have no jobs to take a break from you idiot. Followed by a drink. Why didn't you drink while you were on your much undeserved break?

Please greet caravans in a timely fashion in the future.

Thank you,
Overseer in search of magma swimming volunteers.

aiseant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: August 28, 2013, 04:07:04 am »

Dear Urist McDiplomat,

As you might have noticed, we are currently under attack. The two dozens of very unpolite blokes mounted on Jabberers are not our youngsters having riding fun but bloody thirsty goblins actively trying to murder everything that moves.
I have no idea how you managed to protect your little useless ass and survived this assault, but you might be happy to know that no, we are not trying to make you mad and yes we care about Mountainhome, and thus our mayor would very much want to have a meeting with you if he wasn't so occupied being dead.
We are very sorry you left us unhappy, but at the very least you left us alive, which is something 58 very brave dwarves cannot say right now.

Thank you very much for your visit, and meet you next year if the last two survivors you're currently abandoning survive long enough to become children then adults.
GTFO.

Sincerely yours,
Broken Force.

Dear Urist McCurious,

As you might have noticed, we are currently reclaiming my fortress. Yes, this is why there' so many usefull stuff on the floor, and workshops and beautiful levers. Linked to doors, yes.
I do recognize you might be curious about those levers, and their use. However, we are reclaiming one of my fortress. I'm perfectly aware of the use of each and every levers I ordered to build and I ordered to link to some doors, and the one flooding the whole level in particular.
Please refrain your unwanted curiousity and stop pulling the bloody lever when you're reclaiming it !
I'm quite sure you're damn aware of your mistake, as you run sooo far away after pulling it, in order not to pull it again and save the whole fort. This behaviour of your has been noted, and I now have to inform you that your help is required to recover a very rare sock deep in the water chamber you just opened for the last time.

Sincerely yours,
Rebuilding Force
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:12:54 am by aiseant »
http://tenshedkadol.wordpress.com/

As a Urist McFrenchy, please forgive my english

Heck, only the elves would tame a leech. [...] Just for this, I'm starting up lead goblet production. Anyone who tries to sell me a tame leech deserves to die from lead poisoning.

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: August 28, 2013, 08:44:39 am »

Dear Urist McImmigrant,

The useless children you insist on bringing here with you will be used to train medical dwarves. You have been warned.
Also, your damned unbutcherable pets will be caged and I will find a way to kill them. The macedwarves hunger.

- Overseer Lars

Pasture the unbutcherable pets in an area that's subject to "unfortunate accidents". Or perhaps in areas subject to intrusion by ambushers so that the pets can act as early warning systems. But be prepared for the bad thoughts when the pet bites the dust.

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: August 28, 2013, 10:24:22 am »

Dear Urist McMoody,

I'm seriously tempted to make a "Moody craftsdwarf" room, little fellows. Complete with special features intended for special mood dwarves intent on grabbing a crafting workshop. Things like lever controlled magma flood (lever outside of the room of course) and rapid drainage system. There's only so much I can do with artifact crafts. Perhaps a special room intended on luring and killing kobolds. But after that, the damn things just litter inventory. I'm putting you on notice. All of you can be replaced easily. and the next useless artifact just may result in a "warm" greeting. Or perhaps be a determining factor in who volunteers to do a meet and greet with the next forgotten beast in order to determine just what it does.

Sincerely,
Annoyed overseer.

P.S. If you really need to make an artifact craft. At least pick low value materials. The pricey stuff is reserved for useful artifacts. Things like armor, weapons, heck even hatch covers.... But rings, crowns, bracelets and such? No thank you.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: August 29, 2013, 03:15:01 pm »

Dear Elven army:
Get the fuck out of my fort.
Armok, with increasing wishes to kill you...
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

thoushaltcallmelars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: August 29, 2013, 09:56:58 pm »

Dear Elven army:

You know, all you have to do is invite us over, & we'll gladly chase those elves out. & the goblins, & the elephants, & the migrant children, & the nobles... really, we be happy to get rid of anyone you don't like! All we ask is that you scrape some hardened cotton candy off our ceiling for us - we can't reach it, you see, even with the acrobats. We believe it's located underneath your heated swimming pool.

With Warm Regards, Ringmasters Shift & Seven
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:38:07 pm by thoushaltcallmelars »
Overseer Lars cancels Fortress Mode; Raging at his own stupidity.

Suffice to say, I shall forever associate all dyers with Bomrek Romekas, The Dyer, who slew four dwarves (and wounded a speardwarf) and a wardog while alive, without weapons, armor, or even clothing, before rising from the dead to rip three dwarves' limbs off. Wasn't even combat with the ghost, just "<ghost> batters <dwarf>" and I look and there's a leg, a sock, and a pool of blood.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: August 30, 2013, 01:48:56 pm »

Dear Elven army:

You know, all you have to do is invite us over, & we'll gladly chase those elves out. & the goblins, & the elephants, & the migrant children, & the nobles... really, we be happy to get rid of anyone you don't like! All we ask is that you scrape some hardened cotton candy off our ceiling for us - we can't reach it, you see, even with the acrobats. We believe it's located underneath your.

With Warm Regards, Ringmasters Shift & Seven
Hah! I'll not fall in that again...
Wait, Urtist, what are you doing? No! Don't mie that! No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

MrCactus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: August 30, 2013, 05:34:47 pm »

Dear Urist McMechanic

Despite the lack of an exit from your current location that does NOT mean you have to jump into some water and drown yourself, learn to have some patience.

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: August 31, 2013, 01:24:27 am »

Dear Elven Merchant:

How the fuck did you fall into my river together with your donkey?
I am deeply sorry that you broke your spine when you fell down the waterfall and then died, but seriously, the bridge is wide, how did you fall?

Do you know your superiors now think I stole all the stuff you left in my river after falling? See what you done, you little tree hugger?

Sincerely,
 - Fort Overseer.

Cheimon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: August 31, 2013, 02:00:01 pm »

Dear Urist McDoctor,

There are six very injured dwarves in the hospital right now.  When there are no injured dwarves, you are free of all hauling duties, get a nice room, and get a fancy title, which you use to sit around chatting in the dining room.  However, for this one time in the year when there are injured people, it would be lovely if you didn't take frequent and irritating breaks.

Yours,

An overseer who prefers live dwarves to dead ones, unlike you!
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 504