Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1510900 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3855 on: June 14, 2012, 12:43:20 pm »

Dear Urist McSmeltalot,

Your ambitions to instantly smelt down all the presents our greenskinned friends brought is definitly apreciated. But to run into the friend of said greenskinned friend to get the armour and weapon in the field isnt a smart idea. Maybe the fact that you will get a cooper-sarcophagus out of your own smelted ores will help you rest in peace.

Sincerely,
A truly shocked and confused overseer ("How did this guy managed to go out their without the goblins coming in?")

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: June 15, 2012, 02:42:12 am »

Dear gobbos,

Surely you have a better adventurer to ambush than a necromancer with over over 500 corpses following him?

An adventurer to would have stormed your fort if not for this version's nonexistence of other races except humans.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: June 15, 2012, 08:55:30 am »

Dear Urist McMason,
I ask you to build a simple outdoor wall. Just a wall. Nothing special. You constructed that wall, and managed to trap your self on the top of it. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?! YOU SHOULD'NT EVEN BE ON THAT Z-LEVEL. Frankly, I'm more confused as to how you accomplished this. There aren't any ramps that could allow it. What. The. Fuck. Frankly, You should be glad I noticed your pitiful cries, cause otherwise no one would ever have found your body.  Seriously, Stop it.
Yours Confusedly,
Overseer
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

WriterX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: June 15, 2012, 09:17:58 am »

Dear Urist McMilitiaCommander,

I admire your toughness, but you really do not have to walk around with that arrow stuck in your arm. We have doctors, you know? They can actually help you! None of our patients died yet.

So please, please go to the hospital.

Yours kindly,

Overseer

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: June 15, 2012, 09:19:57 am »

To invisible overlord.

You ever get down here real close and study one of these walls?  The bookeepers always say it's a cube for the paperworks sake, but to make those walls they just hammer it really really really thin.  It looks solid enough with just a glance over, nobody ever really notices it's only a few nanometers thick so the gobbos never bother to try knocking it down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McArmorer

Dear Urist McArmorer,

Are those thin walls somehow managing to fool the volcano? Because iron walls and floodgates are currently holding back a few million Urists of magma that would otherwise be flooding your forges. Maybe the walls are thin, but they stop flying boulders, ballista bolts, giants, collossi, and the aforementioned dragons. Urist McBlacksmith can be making them out of tin foil for all I care, he gets results.

And it's not just the whips, poor Urist McMarksdwarf was crippled by a kobold with a dagger while wearing steel chain. Made by you.

One more thing... Yet another axedwarf is yelling at the mayor right now about being "embarrassed to be uncovered lately." He is wearing, among other things, a steel breastplate, a steel mail shirt, steel mail leggings, steel greaves, steel boots, steel gauntlets, and a steel cap and steel helm. I shouldn't have to ask you if you are making crotchless armor!

Sincerely,
Your invisible overlord

Dear idiot-visible overlord,
Dude! Have you ever worn any kind of armor, period? The chainmail pinches! I need some padding!
Sincerely,
Urist McDisrespectfulMilitiaDorf.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Phillammon

• Bay Watcher
  • Taunt ye not the artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: June 15, 2012, 10:19:43 am »

Dear Urist McFarmer:

I know you're hungry. This is no reason to go back and forth between canceling harvesting the plump helmet due to going and eating and canceling eating because there is no food.

Sincerely,
The Overseer.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: June 15, 2012, 11:57:14 am »

misko27: check your combat reports to see if the wall-sitting mason happened to dodge a passing badger or something. Sometimes a dwarf will change z-levels when he/she dodges.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: June 15, 2012, 01:34:43 pm »

misko27: check your combat reports to see if the wall-sitting mason happened to dodge a passing badger or something. Sometimes a dwarf will change z-levels when he/she dodges.
It wasn't a badger, as I'm in a savage biome, which means giant aniamls. If it was a giant badger, then he wouldnt be on the wall, he'd be smeared all over it. However, there were a variety of animals in the area which could be responsible, so I'll see what happened.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: June 15, 2012, 02:01:36 pm »

Savage biomes can have normal animals. And any creature's attack can be dodged.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: June 15, 2012, 03:23:29 pm »

Its hard to tell, A vile force of darkness showed up . Now theres both too many combat reports, and too much blood to deal with. All over my nice clean walls too. Oh well.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: June 16, 2012, 02:49:21 am »

Dear Urist McTrader,
Don't be goin' up them ramps as my teams are carvin' 'em out, you'll get stuck......
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
oh, you've figured that out, well, let's see what happens when Urist McMiner gets around to carving out that ramp under the single tile your parked on.

Good luck!

Signed,
The Ever-Present Force.

Fake-Edit: Upon checking more carefully, I see that you are already levitating - this will get very interesting.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: June 16, 2012, 04:10:43 pm »

[Found carved into the wall near a small, circular cart track covered in multicoloured bloodstains:]

The Overseer would like to remind his personnel that attempting to clean the cyclotron while it is in use is counterproductive for multiple reasons.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: June 16, 2012, 04:38:21 pm »

Dear wolves,

Stop bugging me. I HAVE A BAG OF WOLF SKULLS!

Love, kobold overseer.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: June 16, 2012, 09:49:10 pm »

[Found carved into the wall near a small, circular cart track covered in multicoloured bloodstains:]

The Overseer would like to remind his personnel that attempting to clean the cyclotron while it is in use is counterproductive for multiple reasons.

[Found scrawled in blood next to a dwarven corpse and the above note:]

I can't think of any reasons for that. If you don't clean this place with water or magma, I need to clean it by hand. Hey, is that a minecar
Sig

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: June 16, 2012, 11:52:41 pm »

Dear Urist Mcbrokerdwarf,

It seems you did not recieve my last letter. I think we can handle this like adults. Please view my revised reactions to your wacky hijinx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0. That is all.

Sincerely, The Overseer
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:55:43 pm by dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 504