Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1510758 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3330 on: April 17, 2012, 06:10:25 am »

That just gave me an idea: Curb children population, and train the medical/soapmaking teams: Use ballistae on a room filled with nothing but children. Probably already done, bust still.

Dear Hivers of Novus

Please stop brining childeren to the fortress. The population nearly 50% childeren, and due to the impending battle deaths I anticipate, i can't afford to be left with only childeren if you adults all die or get debilitating injuries.

Signed
Advisor of Novus.

TigerHunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: April 17, 2012, 06:15:23 am »

Dear Sarvesh,

Get out of bed, you lazy bum. You've been lounging around the hospital for months. I'm sorry I broke both your legs having you dig the hole for the artificial waterfall, and it's good that you're alive at all considering your replacement died taking the exact same fall, but I need your legendary mining ass digging out copper for the dining room.

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: April 17, 2012, 07:42:05 am »

Dear Urist, Kol, Ducim, and Catten McThirstymigrants,

I understand you think the part of the river you spawned next to is stagnant, and that we haven't been able to bridge you over to the main fort where the booze is, but please do not go up to the waterfall for a drink, as you will surely slip and drown. Until we get you over to us, please drink water from a safe location. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Management
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: April 17, 2012, 08:59:31 am »

-snip-
One of my dwarves shot her own daughter once while the kid was standing in front of the ballista. Needless to say, the kid didn't last very long with most of her lower body missing...

No goblin shall snatch my child!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: April 17, 2012, 09:05:15 am »

Dear trappers,

Catch more toads. We must celebrate the birthday of the great Toady One.

Sincerely, the overseer.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: April 17, 2012, 03:40:59 pm »

dear uristmchaulers, yes i known were in an evil biome but please for the love of Reg get the food before the vultures eat it all! whats that? its raining nauseating filth? so what, get the food before we all starve!

-sincerely your overseer,

PS if you even dare try to pin this on me i will lock you outside for the vultures to eat

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: April 17, 2012, 03:45:56 pm »

dear uristmchaulers, yes i known were in an evil biome but please for the love of Reg get the food before the vultures eat it all! whats that? its raining nauseating filth? so what, get the food before we all starve!

-sincerely your overseer,

PS if you even dare try to pin this on me i will lock you outside for the vultures to eat

Screw you, it's raining nauseating filth, vultures are harrassing me and you tell me it is not your fault? you brought me here! And then you blame it on me?

sincerely,
Wish I could kill you
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: April 17, 2012, 06:46:12 pm »

ok screw you haulers union, we have a bunch of new migrants (who for god known why) are coming, we need that food now... fuck it, miners! collapse it into our fortress! and no the haulers are being elfish about the filth and vultures, oh on a side note haulers union, i didn't pick this spot, the king did, so just try and get him to listen

Murgy

• Bay Watcher
  • Is one of the first of his kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: April 17, 2012, 09:47:12 pm »

Dear Urist McMechanic,

The lever which you recently pulled seems not to have lowered the drawbridge, but in fact, collapsed the supports holding the large stone slab over the trading depot. This happened much to the dismay of the Elven trade caravan whom were occuping it at the time.

Keep up the good work.

From The Mountainhomes.
Signed, Your Most Greatful Liaison.
Quote from: Cruxador
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
I made a mod where giant spiders, snake-people, minotaurs, dwarves, and a gnome-like creature were all the same species.  In spite of being radically different sizes, a snake-person and a spider could get married and have a minotaur as a child.
A wonderful love story of a family that is truly without prejudice.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: April 17, 2012, 11:23:37 pm »

Dear miners,

Truly, I am sorry for the fact that you broke both your legs AND arms in that horrible roof collapse in the attempt to punch through the aquifer. Also, I am truly sorry that I have evidently brought a pair of legendary half-wits to this new fortress!

Is it such a hard concept to grasp that when I order you to break the rock plug off the roof, you do not stand on the top of said rock plug to do it?!?

Were you not both comparable to the god of rock himself in mining prowess, I would order Doc to just let you both expire.

Sincerely,
              The office of the resident God-King

Dear Doc

I apologize for not providing adequate medical facilities, and I realize bone setting is not your forte, but was it really necessary to OPERATE on the miners' arms to fix them?

Sincerely,
              The office of the resident God-King
PS- would it kill you to clean the blood off their bedroom walls? It's disturbing me.

Dear Urist McLumberjack

WHY, in Armok's name, did you try to lumberjack that tree on the rock plug AS THE MINERS WERE CHANNELING AROUND IT!

Your brain is a sad excuse for low-grade wood chips. Doc is coming to visit your room for surgery.
The key to the soap storeroom has been lost.

Sincerely,
             Imperial Office of Eugenics and Fortress Management
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: April 18, 2012, 05:11:13 pm »

Engraved upon the tomb of Urist McSmith-

"And who are you", the proud dwarf said, "that I must bow so low?
Only a dwarf of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of purple or a coat of brown, a dwarf still has an axe,
And mine is big and sharp, my lord, as big and sharp as yours."
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, the weaponsmith of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his tomb, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his tomb, and not a soul to hear.

"Oh hear my call", the armorsmith cried, his face going pale,
"I see lavalight upon a heavy hammer, a dwarf wearing mail."
And still Urist McSmith of Castamere harped on his elegy
"No useless noble, untried by arms, will play lord over me!!"
Yes now the rains weep o'er his tomb, and not a soul to Hear.

The hammerer at the gates had come,
to smash his head, with lead!
Yes now the rains weep o'er his tomb, and not a soul to Hear.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:13:13 pm by Schizotek »
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: April 18, 2012, 05:55:26 pm »

Dear thralls

i am sorry that in your life that we had to lose you, but since you wouldent stay underground or do your job, you were stuck in that smoke that made you the evil misunderstood creatures today, we are truly sorry for having to wall you out.

five minutes before death- the lost overseer

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: April 18, 2012, 09:51:32 pm »

dear uristmcilostmycat

LISTEN YOU ELF, we are in the middle of a clam zombie invasion! your cat might be with the other zombie cats in the walled off section! also WHY SHOULD WE CARE?? HES DEAD! AND SHUT UP ABOUT THE SCRATCHING, its the zombie cats and the zombie miner, Armok please claim that soul of his before he brakes out again

sincerely, your overseer

PS: the king is coming, don't tell him about the cats or the zombie miner, the idiot thinks we have access to the adamantine, well i hope he likes it here in hell!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: April 18, 2012, 10:05:26 pm »

Dear elve caravan;

Why do you think I attempted to trade something with you made of wood?  I'd got through the list of items I'd selected carefully and offered only metal weapons and trap components, along with some gems.  Kindly get your trader's eyes tested before his next trip or else I'll be restoring my old water-for-goods trading policy. 

Sincerely; The Overlordseer

newbonomicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: April 18, 2012, 11:32:23 pm »

Dear elve caravan;

Why do you think I attempted to trade something with you made of wood?  I'd got through the list of items I'd selected carefully and offered only metal weapons and trap components, along with some gems.  Kindly get your trader's eyes tested before his next trip or else I'll be restoring my old water-for-goods trading policy. 

Sincerely; The Overlordseer

Did you try to trade a wooden bin? Or some soap?
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 504