Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1510805 times)

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3180 on: March 28, 2012, 04:31:29 pm »

Dear wild naked mole dogs,

Please, walk around the cage traps. We already have too many of you.

Sincerely, the overseer.

-Barely intelligible words that seem to be gnawed into the rock found with a moledog-

DaEr OvveRSEEar

ForT Wahrm. Caves cOlD. WAnT WaHrm.

MollDOgS

Oh, you want warm? How about magma?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: March 28, 2012, 09:33:15 pm »

Dear Grimelings around Mudperfect,

What the hell are you? WHY YOU NO DIE!?

Sincerely, the Lord of Mud.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: March 28, 2012, 09:37:23 pm »

Dear Goblins

Why you take my sister What you do with her.

-Signed, UristMc4yearold
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: March 28, 2012, 09:41:03 pm »

Dear urist mc4yearold,

We took her to a land of wonder and excitement! You can come too if you like! All you have to do is ride in goblinclaus's magic bag!

Gobbo McGoblin, snatcher 1st class.

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: March 28, 2012, 10:25:52 pm »

Dear Urist McFisherdwarf,

It baffles me why you thought standing on the frozen river to fish in the thawed water just as the ice was about to melt was a good idea.  And that's after you apparently tried to strand yourself on the other side but fortuitously decided to stop fishing in the empty pool.  And this not a week into our settlement in this fairy-besotted forest, and without you catching one godsdamned mussel.  That got our outpost off to a fair start, didn't it.

Looking forward to eating cockroaches next month,
Urist McExpeditionLeader

EDIT: Well, apparently he made it out alive now, which is a relief.  Hopefully he doesn't do something that stupid again.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:39:13 pm by ydaraishy »

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: March 28, 2012, 11:07:48 pm »

It baffles me why you thought standing on the frozen river to fish in the thawed water just as the ice was about to melt was a good idea.  And that's after you apparently tried to strand yourself on the other side but fortuitously decided to stop fishing in the empty pool.  And this not a week into our settlement in this fairy-besotted forest, and without you catching one godsdamned mussel.  That got our outpost off to a fair start, didn't it.

Urist McExpeditionLeader

EDIT: Well, apparently he made it out alive now, which is a relief.  Hopefully he doesn't do something that stupid again.
That's why I always carve escape ramps in the local river and murky ponds.
Dear urist mc4yearold,

We took her to a land of wonder and excitement! You can come too if you like! All you have to do is ride in goblinclaus's magic bag!

Gobbo McGoblin, snatcher 1st class.
I never thought of goblin snatchers as pedophiles before. How foolish I was.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: March 29, 2012, 12:08:21 am »

Dear Little Urist McNoPants,

I understand you're upset, I would be too if I was naked.
But instead of throwing bins of clothes at everyone else,
just take a second and put some on.

Sincerely,
Mr. McOverseer

PS: Please, if you are going to stay mad leave the clothing stockpile.
There are other dwarves perfectly willing to dress themselves that want in.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: March 29, 2012, 01:13:49 am »

Children of Wasprock,

I perfectly understand that growing up is hard. Not only did your mother refuse to give you an alcoholic drink for a year, but she also neglected to give you any pants. That is why the booze stockpile is open to everyone and the sweet drink of dwarfs is flowing freely, enjoy it.
We also have a choice of trousers, shoes and shirts to choose from, even a selection of handwear and headwear, socks and more. Most of it is provided by our master clothiers, the rest is generously donated by the regularly slaughtered goblins.
Now that you are free of your mothers grasp I expect you to put on some pants (really, I understand what you are emberrased about), get a drink and take a bite of that excellent whip vine flour roast.
I do not expect you to hang around the sleeping mayor his office to complain, getting more emberrased as he finishes his nap, wakes up with a hangover and denies your request for a meeting in order to eat and drink, you trailing after him, getting more emberrased because now you stand next to his table still displaying your assets, such as they are, and nearly dying for a drink. Finally he finishes and goes back to his office for your meeting, trailing you through the dining hall and most of the sleeping quarters.

I appreciate that you kept your cool and didn't throw a tantrum, since punching the mayor is a capital offence, but don't you think that since after the meeting you grabbed clothing, something to drink and something to eat, this was slightly inefficient?

Sincerely,

The overseer of wasprock, former overseer of copperdust, former overseer of firebrook.

____

To the mountainhomes,

Last fort I asked for an able body of 80 dwarfs and you loaded me with 150. Then I asked for 70 and I got 120. Seeing a trend, I asked for 60 now. Now was not a great moment to actually listen to me. 71 is a good labor force, but not if a third of them are babies and children. Admittedly they were born here, you did not send them, but could you send, say, 10 more people? preferably adults, though. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
The overseer of wasprock.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 02:12:21 am by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: March 29, 2012, 02:08:42 am »

Dear 6 Legendary fisherdwarves of Gemhex:
In light of the fact that we have 2000 crawfish roasts, you are all being reallocated to the new rifle squad. Report to Taric's workshop entrance for your emerald armor and rifles.
-Overseer.

Dear Taric the Wonderdwarf:
Legendary in Appraising, Record Keeping, Science, Gem Cutting, Gem Setting, Comedy, Fighting, Organizing, and Consoling. Professional or higher in various other combat and conversational skills. I've depleted the forests of the badlands several times over keeping your library stocked. Entire herds of yaks go into binding your beloved tomes. You are, by far, the coolest dwarf I've ever had. You singlehandedly keep this fort running, serving as a combined leader, psychiatrist, manager, broker, record keeper, researcher, armorer, weaponsmith, and front line soldier. Have another couple Armored War Mastiffs as body guards. Heres hoping you reach legendary hammerdwarf before the next siege.
- Your biggest fan.

To the worthless peons-
If my bone block road isn't complete before the next siege, heads will roll. Or rather be crushed by the insane dwarves in the labyrinth who keep drawing pentagrams in blood, and staring at the other dwarves like they're legendary roasts.
-Your ruthless lord.

...yeah. I like the masterwork mod alot.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: March 29, 2012, 03:49:41 am »

To: Urist McWoodcutter

Well done spotting that ambush of crossbow goblins, led by a mace gob. I am even more impressed that you dodged every single bolt fired at you and when running away from the mace gob you managed to lure the whole lot down into the trapped hallway. Even more impressive is the bravery of your cat, that literally had to squeeze past the mace gob, dodging bolts on the way, and only got a bruised paw for the trouble. You will both get entries in the hall of legends.

However, perhaps you can clarify why you were out there? There was nothing to collect, no trees to be cut, you were not to fish... So why were you taking an outside stroll when we live right next to a goblin fortress? We have underground tree farms for a reason.

Respectfully,

Your overseer.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: March 29, 2012, 09:36:27 am »

Urist McExpeditionLeader

Youre talking about dwarves.
Dwarves always do something stupid.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: March 29, 2012, 09:49:59 am »

Dear wild naked mole dogs,

Please, walk around the cage traps. We already have too many of you.

Sincerely, the overseer.

-Barely intelligible words that seem to be gnawed into the rock found with a moledog-

DaEr OvveRSEEar

ForT Wahrm. Caves cOlD. WAnT WaHrm.

MollDOgS
Dear mole dogs,

The fort is not any warmer than the caves. Admit it, you just wanna come into the fort for the female mole dogs!

Sincerely, the overseer.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: March 29, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »

Dear Momuz Soundgear, Miner:

I just turned off all your labors, and I think that makes it pretty clear what I want from you: to mine out the darned fortress. But no, you decide that now is an excellent time to go "On Break."

If you can't wrap your minuscule mind around this mere purring maggot of a concept, then I swear I will create a drowning chamber, put you in it, and flood it with river water. I've been waiting quite a while to see that.

Sincerely,

Urist McSadisticOverseer

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: March 29, 2012, 08:25:32 pm »

Dear Urist McHunter,
I understand hunting can be difficult, and that sometimes you can't reach birds o hunt them.
You are hunting a kakapo. Its best-known charactaristic is that it's FLIGHTLESS. It was maybe 100 feet from you, in a straight line with just the edge of a pond in the way. Why couldn't you find a path?
And once you did, rather than running up and shooting the parrot in the head, nice and efficiently, you wasted a bunch of bolts plinking it. Brilliant, a method of hunting that is less efficient AND causes the quarry to suffer more!
Then, you hauled the bird maybe halfway to the fortress for butchering, noticed some ravens, shot one, dropped the kakapo corpse, and went off to get drunk. Nice work, hunter.

Sincerely,
GWG, Ovrsr.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: March 29, 2012, 08:57:51 pm »

Dear Urist McHammerpimp

I understand that your annoyed by waiting for a legendary smith to make you a masterwork platinum beating stick known as a hammer. But that's no excuse to take it out on the poor kobold. Stop dangling him over a ramp and slowly choking the life out of him and just smash his head in already.

Dear Urist McMechanic

Hurry it up and get those bridges rigged so I can fill the magma resevoir and make some porcelien stuff to trade to the caravan.

Signed,
Overseer of bad engineering.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 504