Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1512239 times)

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #2880 on: February 20, 2012, 05:14:08 am »

Dear Inhabitants of Wintergorge,

WHICH ONE OF YOU DID IT!!, JUST FUCKING FESS UP OR I'LL BLEED YOU ALL DRY.

HOW NONE OF YOU SEEM TO NOTICE SOMEONE BEING FED UPON AND MURDERED IN THE GREAT DINING CHAMBER IS FUCKING BEYOND ME.
IF I DON'T HAVE SOMEONE CONFESSING SOON I WILL LET THE FUCKING ALLIGATORS OUT OF THEIR CAGES.

Sincerely,

The Boss

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: February 20, 2012, 05:28:29 am »

It was the stray turkey gobbler (tame)

Signed Count Vlad Mcunrenameable Notavampireiswear von Ursit
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: February 20, 2012, 05:45:54 am »

Dear Urist McMason and Rimtar McMechanic,

I have a lot of questions regarding our self-flooding moat that happens to be right above the stone storage area, and the mysterious hole in it that I swear wasn't there before.

Come to my office to explain as soon as you finish cleaning up the mess.

The Management

Dear Elite Marksdwarves,

Continuing your run of incompetence, in the latest goblin siege you managed to show up without any ammo. I wonder if Solon McHammerdwarf, who I assigned to train you in close combat skills, has been trying to recruit you to the melee squads, because you seem pretty keen.

The goblin bowmen demonstrated to you how important ranged support can be. Though how they managed to put a silver arrow through an adamantine breastplate...?

The Management
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: February 20, 2012, 11:22:38 am »

To: Von Urist McSuspicious and Urist McFarmer
RE: Vampires

There are only two of you and a weasel and I'm pretty sure the weasel didn't kill anyone, he's in the pit.
To be honest? Urist McFarmer, you haven't been looking to well lately. Why don't you step inside the magma room luxurious sauna until we sort this mess out. As for you Von Urist. I'm sure your innocent, a tad misguided with the weasel claim, but innocent. Enjoy your day.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: February 20, 2012, 01:23:11 pm »

Spoiler'd because it's long.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hilarious, but reporting this bug may be quite useful (it will be fixed as new one) - http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/my_view_page.php
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

grimman007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: February 20, 2012, 03:35:54 pm »

Dear Urist McLegendaryCarpenter,

Even though your wife is the baroness, that doesn't mean that you get to laze about all the time too. I need those goddamned barrels, and I need them now.

Sincerely,
Your Overlord
Urist's Mod! Spawnable NPCs include bogeymen, bronze colossi and a random Forgotten Beast, generated on the fly and animated for your vomit.  Also magma.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: February 20, 2012, 03:39:17 pm »

Dear Urist McLegendaryCarpenter,

Even though your wife is the baroness, that doesn't mean that you get to laze about all the time too. I need those goddamned barrels, and I need them now.

Sincerely,
Your Overlord

well, maybe you could slow down the plump helmet production or get the stone crafter to make some pots.

Sincerely.
Urist McLegendaryCarpenter
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

sasf54

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: February 20, 2012, 03:57:43 pm »

Dear Ulrists,

I would like to congratulate on your the last season of your smashing the living stuff out of goblins talent show. It was awesome! We had a lot of contestants, and some star characters too (grimelings). I was a bit worried at the beginning for you, but it seems, that the metallic armor helped a lot. The fact, that 4 axe/spear dwarf cannot defeat a single grimeling in a whole season with wooden training weapons, I managed some backup solution, and scared the working dwarfs to death give the audience a lot of fun. On the second season, when you were bashing the grimling performing with the artist, you finished quite fast. After I found out, one of the legendary wrestler bad-ass just tore the head off.
The second squad who shoot-ed bone arrows into a held a stepping performance with a grimling for a whole season was also cool. The fact, that the next siege where great number of goblins cut in cage traps next season's mass auditioning was performed flawlessly.
Also, the fact, that somehow you were able to obtain 4 grimling bones for carving is astonishing.

Keep up the good work
The Management

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: February 20, 2012, 04:51:13 pm »

Dear entire ****ing population

I appreciate that zombies are scary but if there is one zombie being beat to death (again) stop running away and falling prey to all the zombies in the surrounding land.

I've already lost dozens because of your pathetic cowardice despite the fact I gave very clear instructions to stay in your burrows and make coffins.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: February 20, 2012, 04:53:07 pm »

Spoiler'd because it's long.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hilarious, but reporting this bug may be quite useful (it will be fixed as new one) - http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/my_view_page.php

Well, to be fair, I've fudged up my raws so badly it's probably related to my screwing myself instead a true game bug.  I will certainly report it if anyone else gets wrong-race migrants -untill then I'll put it off as horribly screwed up raws.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: February 20, 2012, 04:53:27 pm »

Dear Zombie Horde Outside the Gates:

Please stop eating my migrants, its not good for publicity.  If you keep this up, I'll have a hard time finding food new dwarves.

Sincerely,

Sarvesh "The Butcher" DrivenTombs, Ph. Dwarf and Overlord of Peacefulmeadows - Where all of your dreams die in painful agony  come true!
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: February 20, 2012, 04:54:55 pm »

Dear Werewolves Around Robustquakes

-Please come in there, we have plenty of meat.

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: February 20, 2012, 05:30:48 pm »

Dear zombies,
Thank you for killing all those elfs for me. Now I have found a use for them. My military uses the really rotten corpses as the best weapon training tool ever found! In just 1 year I have a squad of ten legendary axe dwarfs, and a squad of legendary sword dwarfs. As a thank you for being our punching bags, we here at DonkeyTortrue have made a room with a chained puppy we made to feed you with. As you enter the room you will see a puppy. As you walk further in, floodgates surround you and magma floods your area. The floodgates protect the puppy, and he will be trained as a wardog and given your name.

Sincerely,

Leaders of DonkeyTorture.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:32:27 pm by MoonLightBird »

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: February 20, 2012, 06:02:02 pm »

Dear Urist "Mythpuncher" Mcmayor-captain.

Your leg was ripped off by a were-camel. You went only faint and stood without any walking aid. You've punched three people, including a vampire, to death.

How do you manage to be this awesome?
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Die Nacht

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMUNE_TO_SOCIAL_LIFE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: February 20, 2012, 06:18:11 pm »

Dear Urist "Mythpuncher" Mcmayor-captain.

Your leg was ripped off by a were-camel. You went only faint and stood without any walking aid. You've punched three people, including a vampire, to death.

How do you manage to be this awesome?

lol!
'rtg593' Bemongibruk, forumite cancels megaproject: interrupted by 0.34.01.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 504