Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1538176 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #2310 on: October 06, 2011, 07:44:01 am »

To Urist McTriggerHappy

I TOLD your sqaud to discard your crossbows after the last little mishap.  Your squad captain is going toe-to-toe with a Rat Monster with his spear and YOU'RE SHOOTING AT IT INSTEAD OF USING THE STEEL AXE I GAVE YOU.  Be advised I'm making a list of dwarves that have displeased me.  Your squad captain managed to get off the list by dropping his wooden spear for a candy pick and hammer when I told him to.  You would be wise to follow his example if you survive.

Sincerely;

The Circus-Insulting Overlord.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:47:44 am by ThatAussieGuy »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: October 08, 2011, 02:39:27 pm »

Dear Urvad Dalkamnish,

I know the order was simple: Build a wall to seperate the garbage drop bridge into magma from the pressure plate to activate it. However, I didnt expect you to stand ON the drop bridge to build the wall having pathed over the pressure plate, thereby dropping yourself into the magma sea. Have fun down there. Your name shall live on, as the first engraved into the hall of idiots.

Yours,

Overseer Monkeyhead.
This is a blank sig.

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2312 on: October 08, 2011, 02:49:34 pm »

Dear Urist McDrowsy,

Next time when being chased by skeletal deer while the militia is rushing to your aid from the opposite direction, don't fall asleep.

Yours,

Overseer Muffindog.

JDF117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: October 08, 2011, 09:36:37 pm »

Dear Urist McCrafter

Yes, I know that was a very scary vulture, but you don't have to tell me it's there 50 times while bleating like a little lamb and walking back and forth.

Dear Urist McHastilydraftedminer

Why did you dodge into my moat? Did you think the vulture might tear out your throat if you didn't? You will not be mourned or buried, and your miasma will make only the fish sick.

Yours,

JDF117

Teronsuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: October 08, 2011, 10:25:20 pm »

To Urist McTriggerHappy

I TOLD your sqaud to discard your crossbows after the last little mishap.  Your squad captain is going toe-to-toe with a Rat Monster with his spear and YOU'RE SHOOTING AT IT INSTEAD OF USING THE STEEL AXE I GAVE YOU.  Be advised I'm making a list of dwarves that have displeased me.  Your squad captain managed to get off the list by dropping his wooden spear for a candy pick and hammer when I told him to.  You would be wise to follow his example if you survive.

Sincerely;

The Circus-Insulting Overlord.

Dear Circus-Insulting Overlord,
  Ye do be knowin' tha' candy hammers are roughly as dense as styrofoam, don't ye? I'd advise heavily to make them out of somethin' a wee bit denser, like p'raps copper, or silver. Yer choice entirely m'lord, but jus' a thought from a lowly blacksmith.
Sincerely; Urist McMakesYourWeapons
Dear Unnamed Fire Imp,
 Get the fuck out of my magma vent. You've already killed one swordsdwarf as he jumped into the volcano to attack you and burned to death hundreds of Urists below.
- The Invisible Man in the Sky

JDF117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: October 08, 2011, 10:30:00 pm »

Dear Urist McCrafter

Yes, I know that was a very scary vulture, but you don't have to tell me it's there 50 times while bleating like a little lamb and walking back and forth.

Dear Urist McHastilydraftedminer

Why did you dodge into my moat? Did you think the vulture might tear out your throat if you didn't? You will not be mourned or buried, and your miasma will make only the fish sick.

Yours,

JDF117

Dear JDF117

Gurgle.

Yours,

Urist Mchastilydraftedminer
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:53:37 pm by JDF117 »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: October 08, 2011, 11:18:58 pm »

Dear Urist McDumbass,

When you see a Spideryhoof Pegasus, you run TOWARDS the hole I dug in the ground to safety.

-Your facepalming overseer

Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Table Turning

• Bay Watcher
  • Turnways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: October 08, 2011, 11:31:41 pm »

Uhhh....

Guys, I know you worship Momuz, the god of diseases and blight.  He takes the form of a male dwarf in decay.

...Do you REALLY need to put statues of him screaming and being unnaturally contorted in the dining hall?

Signed: Concerned citizen of the fortress.
Thats another use for useless immigrants.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: October 09, 2011, 02:14:54 am »

Dear Urist McMoodydwarf,

While we understand that the mood demands that you put your great this-is-my-life idea into a material object we do not understand this particular manifestation of the Muse.

The history of the Mountainhomes is important but this group of the Taut Gold do not quite need this as a reminder that the elves destroyed one of our cities in the past.  And we want to know why you think a drinking mug needs a picture of a goblin on it - or at least one that is not in the process of being killed or otherwise mangled.

Finally, we are mildly upset that our raw adamantine was use repeatedly in the construction of this item...

Estgest Nicat Lumnum (Cleargloss the Chain of Labyrinths) - a raw adamantine mug
This is a raw adamantine mug.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with raw adamantine and indigo tourmaline, studded with adamantine, decorated with cave spider silk and encircled with bands of pig tail fiber.  This object menaces with spikes of raw adamantine.

On the item is an image of The Reigns of Raking the adamantine high boot in raw adamantine.
On the item is an image of elves and dwarves in spore tree.  The elves are massacring the dwarves.  The artwork relates to the defeat of The Taut Gold and destruction of Tangledpages by the Competitive Ivy in the midwinter of 197 during The Destruction of Tangledpages.
On the item is an image of three clouds in giant cave spider silk.  On the item is an image of Amxu Profanelurched the goblin in clear zircon.

Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: October 09, 2011, 05:11:55 am »

To the dwarves of Swordthunders

I NEED a trader on the depot.  ANYONE will do.  Yes, you're all moving stuff to the depot, but I need someone to hock our trash to the them so we get more migrants.  And you.  Yes, you the broker.  Don't think I don't see that you're asleep.  You're on notice, buddy...

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: October 09, 2011, 07:59:59 am »

Dear Urist McDwarf;

Please observe...  You know what, never-mind.  You won't read this letter anyway, so I'm not even going to try.  Just don't come complaining to me when the obvious results of your ill-advised actions occur.

At the end of his rope,
Your Overseer
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Kurtisk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: October 09, 2011, 10:59:33 pm »

Dear stupid dorfs,

Do you have some sort of fascination with the lower levels?  There is nothing down there.  Stop taking stones from all the way down there when you're supposed to be taking the stones out that are cluttering up the stockpile rooms!

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: October 09, 2011, 11:31:52 pm »

Dear Urist McMother,
Whilst I appreciate that you spent a lot of time giving birth as you did... what, while digging a channel and all... I am afraid that what we have very little of is food and drink, and what we have a lot of is savagry outside.  That means we need metal. Specifically smelted in the lava that channel will bring us.  You obviously understand that need as you worked even during childbirth.

That being said, your little bearded worm has been asleep in the channel for half a season, on and off. When he grows he'll just be a horrid little thing that runs around and eats my food and drinks my drinks. And he is in no way able to assist in making metal to make this mountainside safe for dwarf kind.

I do hope you understand my predicament, and do not mistake my laughter as I start the lava flowing into little baby Urist's ad hoc crib as being amusement. Its laughter of sadness, I assure you.

- Your Overseer.

PS, as a note to all dorfs, lunch today will be pigs in a blanket. Thank you.

Additionally to the Dwarves of Wallblazed- Any migrants coming are advised to leave pets behind. Due to an incident where the legendary armoursmith was nearly killed by goblin ambushers, any and all livestock beyond yaks and cool attack animals will be killed as a matter of habit. Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:36:40 am by ClkWrkJester »
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: October 10, 2011, 01:10:59 am »

"Dear Urist McMason1,

Although I understand your fixation on building the wall segment outside the city gates, (and I am grateful for that), we are currently under siege by groups of goblins. That being said, I would li- "  ...  ahh crap.

"Dear Urist McMason1 and McMason2,

Although I understand your fix-" ... F***

Dear Urist McMason1,2,3,4

I am deeply saddened that you four masons will be the four unlucky ones to get trapped outside our city walls, as the rest of the masons will be safely insi-

Dear Masons of the Fort.

I'd pretend I'm sorry, but I really don't care about anything anymore.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: October 10, 2011, 09:50:22 am »

Dear Id Abelam, Swordsdwarf

Re:  Your hand. 

You utter dumbass.  How you managed to wander onto the sole trap filled with metal spikes in the center of the cat-drop room, i have no idea.  All you had to do was go in and wait for the show to start so you can stop giving a damn about all the atrocities you're going to have to face as a a militia dwarf.  Be thankful you can still wield a sword with one hand, or I'd put you on Circus Scout duty to put you out of my misery.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 504