Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1510861 times)

HunterBlackLuna

• Bay Watcher
  • [REQUIRES_LNP]
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1950 on: July 17, 2011, 09:54:18 am »

Dear Urist McThirst

Thirst is a very bad thing, I should know, I am the overseer. Drink, that is good to keep your mind busy, water is also good, only resort to drinking that when wounded or out of drink.

Now here is another thing, magma. You've heard of it right? It burns through rock, steel and flesh and is colored red. That "red" isn't the same color like that nice cranberry wine I got for the fort from our good neighbors.

Thirst is bad, but what is worse when you forget what you are drinking out of. Just remember, I care about you no matter how useless unskilled you still are. Do NOT drink out of magma no matter how dehydrated you are. I'd rather keep you sane and sober than with half of your face melted off.

Sincerely,
The Overseer

I thought this was just a sig joke by somebody- please tell me desperate Dorfs don't actually attempt to drink magma.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: July 17, 2011, 10:11:14 am »

To Legendary Siege Operator.

Ok, those orcs are directly in front of you, they are basically disabled.  Will you shoot the ballista straight this time to finish them off?  Oh I see you didn't, you fired it off at some strange angle again, yea well that was usel-  Wait, one orc got up, he's fleeing, and he's hanging a left, is he going to...yes he is...
The flying -silver ballista arrow- strikes The Orc Spearman in the head, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing apart the brain!
The Orc Spearman has been knocked unconscious!
That was some impressive powers of prediction there.  Now will you please stop showing off and just shoot the rest of them?

Impressed,
The administration.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: July 17, 2011, 10:33:46 am »

YOU DESERVE A MEDAL, SOLDIER!

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: July 17, 2011, 11:36:00 am »

Dear Fikod Idenatol, AKA Urist McFisherdwarf

I appreciate that your single handed (and by that, I mean you have one hand) efforts to keep our stockpiles filled to the brim with Mussels (That is, if someone would haul the Mussels from where you left them on the riverbank)--have kept our tables lined with mountains of Mussel Biscuits... and, Truly, Truly Fikod, I like you.  You are incredibly creative, and you are very straightforward and honest with others.  Your laugh--which is... unique has even grown on me!  That beat of that song that plays in your head comes through perfectly when you snap your fingers--that habit of yours you do when you are bored...  We even have the same likes!  Hornblende, Black Cap, Dwarven Cheese and beer.... you even hate lizards like me!... Your physique embodies the dwarven race, portly, curly hair... long sideburns-- long moustache, and the longest braided beard Ive ever seen--almost to your feet---which could be the reason why your excellent kinesthetic sense didn't prevent the incident which has spurred me to write this letter.

From what our doctor can see of you down there, at the base of this waterfall... he thinks that your remaining arm must be broken in several places, the mangled appearance of your legs would indicate they are severely damaged, and that hole in your stomach has allowed him to observe that your liver is most certainly bruised.

Now, while I hope your body recovers swiftly, or your body is swiftly recovered--I don't believe that you deserve any pity from the rest of us.  Sure, when I ordered Urist McMinerdwarf to channel out a diversion for the river, I didn't instruct him to remove the ramps--but that shouldn't have made you think it was reasonable to climb down near the very edge of the waterfall to fish out of the basin below.  Granted the water was very low, but, that was because it was all draining off of the edge of a hundred foot cliff... I thought you would know better.

Given that the torrent of blood you've donated to the river-basin below is flowing rather quickly in the direction of our original base-camp, your mangled body may be washed close enough for you to wiggle your various stumps, and barely recognizable appendages enough to reach the shore---I even contacted our best miner to ensure that there was a ramp for you!    Again, I really, really hope that you are able to get out safely--and, I know that the dozens of crude surgeries that you will have to undergo (from our vastly under qualified doctor) will be intensely painful, and you will most likely die--if not by his hand, then by the infection which you will suffer through... but, not only do you deserve it, but if you do survive, I won't have to make Urist McWorthlessprofession take your place.

-Your admiring overseer. (Or at least I was before you became a mangled, crippled ball of dwarf flesh.)

Edit:
changed
"...hope you recover swiftly, or your body is swiftly recovered"
to
"...hope your body recovers swiftly, or your body is swiftly recovered"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:39:21 am by Elisebambi »

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: July 17, 2011, 12:06:23 pm »

Dear Migrants,

Apparently you didn't get a chance to see my letter to Urist McFelloffacliffdorf--The waterfall, while pretty, is incredibly dangerous.   The water moving off its edge, while only a few inches deep, moves very, very quickly.   of the six of you who came here, looking to ruin my fortress, five of you were swept off your feet, and fell to what will surely be your death.   Unfortunately, only one of you had the luxury of dying instantaneously.  Worse, he landed ontop of Urist Mcfelloffacliff, and knocked him unconscious, which most likely won't do any harm, since he has been going in and out of consciousness for days, and hasn't drown yet.   Who knew a one armed, broken legged bastard could swim that well?  --I digress.   The lot of you who are now enjoying a nice bath along with the alligators got what you deserved, and that is all I have to say to you, however...  Urist McThresher, you are the one person who has survived this tragedy... I was extremely surprised when you informed me that none of the other migrants were your friends, or even acquaintances--I was worried that I might have to endure an unfortunate accident soon if that were the case.

There is one concern I have though.  It appears that you have no friends, and besides your relationship with your dieties, the only creatures who'm you've ever given any of your love to... are your two pets who you brought with you.   Now, given that there are two new corpses, a duckling and a peachick floating down the river... I am going to assume that you nolonger have any pets.

Please be careful around any levers you may find.

-Sincerely, the overseer of the fortress you are trying to invade.

((Doren Ethramathel has been quite content lately. She was comforted by a lovely waterfall lately.  She sustained major injuries recently.  Shem Ommelbil has been unhappy lately. She has lost a spouse to tragedy recently. She sustained major injuries recently. 

Tetragenic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: July 17, 2011, 12:36:07 pm »

Dear dwarves of Paintsaved,

Why you must run off when a zombie hoary marmot appears bewilders me. I mean, it is commendable that an unskilled mason smashed in its head with one punch, but still it's a HOARY MARMOT.

On a second point, perhaps that skeletal giant eagle had something to do with it.
If you do not stop running away from creatures the size of your foot (looks at hoary marmot) Paintsaved will be forced to entomb you alive. With 100 elves. And an adamantine warhammer.

Sincerely,
That mysterious voice whispering "magma... magma..."
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Dwarven Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: July 17, 2011, 05:58:02 pm »

Dear Urist McObservant, Civilian

I write this letter to address your courage, how is it then whenever you see any animal, no, any creature that is not humanoid and is not tamed and is a goblin you run away screaming at the top of your lungs and leave your job?

Last time, the wall keeping those Goblins out was unfinished because you ran away from a rabbit it wasn't even that deadly compared to those badgers roaming about.

Come to think of it, why aren't you scared of those engravings that are all over the fortress? Like those Clowns in the dining room, they were making plaintive gestures and striking down dwarves and all the while giving off their "smile of death" and you tell me that you are "ecstatic because you dined in a Legendary dining hall?"

Not all animals are deadly, do not cancel your jobs because of them, trust in your dwarven arms to take care of your own defense.

Sincerely,
The Psychiatrist, Overseer

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: July 17, 2011, 06:32:51 pm »

Dear starting Seven....
Why the f*ck are you all goblins!!!
Oh well construction of the olivine walls will continued as scheduled
Your Shocked OverLord.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: July 17, 2011, 06:44:07 pm »

dear shocked Overlord,

you may want to double check the civ screen before embarking

with love,

Starting Seven
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: July 17, 2011, 06:48:07 pm »

Dear starting seven.

While being a goblin in itself isn't a crime, nor is talking back to your overlord.  I am going to eat you.

With love,
-FB

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: July 17, 2011, 06:49:48 pm »

dear FB,

ARRUGHHH!!! OH GOD MY LEGS!

*splatter of blood*

Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: July 17, 2011, 06:51:16 pm »

Dear Shocked Overlord,

Please send more goblins.

-FB

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: July 17, 2011, 07:12:37 pm »

Dear FB,
I'll do ya one better!
At goblin HQ: "Men, gather the trolls, we've got work to do!"
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

ExdeathV

• Bay Watcher
  • God damn boogeymen. Can't you just let me sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: July 17, 2011, 09:50:21 pm »

Dear goblins,

Shut up and send more of your troops so I can test out my traps on them.

Sincerely,
 The fortress across from you.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: July 18, 2011, 12:53:54 am »

dear urist mcswordsdwarf

i ordered you to go and kill the ambush before they killed the fisherdwarf.

you arrived on the scene in record time while he was being chased about.

however, you stood about 10 tiles away and watched for a good 30 seconds before deciding to help, shortly afterwards the fisherdwarf was dead. he wouldn't have died if you weren't USELESS.

sincerely,
homicidal invisible voice

PS. i have arranged for you to fight 10 trolls in the colosseum

PPS. okay, so the goblin thief was spotted by you, and you promptly lobbed its head off. i'll reduce your punishment to 5 trolls.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:57:25 am by zehive »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 504