Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1511305 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1545 on: May 01, 2011, 03:56:25 am »

My dear, dear Urist McMurderer.

There was a useless migrant standing right in front of you but NO, you wanted Legendary Miner Bones for your project... WHY IN ARMOK'S NAME DIDN'T YOU KILL THE USELESS MIGRANT!?!?

And, what do you do with his corpse? You cut it up and make a dwarf bone helmet with no decorations on it.

Yours truly, a very pissed off AoD
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 01, 2011, 12:08:52 pm »

Dear Urist McMiner,
You broke a leg and decided to wait for help.
However, you had been digging and standing just fine on your broken leg just before deciding to rest on the hospital floor.
The chief medical dwarf did not come. Months passed.
Now, get up and get back to work! Or at least empty that nice bucket of water next to you and go into a bed.
GWG, Ovrsr.

Dear Urist McMilitiaCommander,
Go and help Urist McMiner unless you want your militia commander and chief medical dwarf positions to be revoked, as well as your permssion to use weapons and armor.
GWG, Ovrsr.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 01, 2011, 12:52:04 pm »

Dear Urist McChild:
When mommy is operating the ballista, don't stand in front of it.

Dear UristMcIdler:
When the child is hit by the ballista bolt, don't stand in front of the ballista and clean up the blood.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: May 01, 2011, 12:54:17 pm »

Dear Urist McChild:
When mommy is operating the ballista, don't stand in front of it.

Dear UristMcIdler:
When the child is hit by the ballista bolt, don't stand in front of the ballista and clean up the blood.

Classic.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 01, 2011, 01:07:07 pm »

Dear Urist McSwordsdwarf,

Seriously?
You were scared of a giant olm when two dogs were dominating it?
You're a wuss.

Sincerely, an overseer.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: May 01, 2011, 01:18:57 pm »

MEMORANDUM
Re: All dorfs, dwarves
Sub: Wounded in hospital

If a dwarf is wounded due to falls, wild beasts, or other dangers, s/he will most likely resta and wait for the lazy chief medical dwaf to stop ignoring them. Until then, they will likely not retrieve their own food.
Many of you have nothing to do somethimes. Here's and idea: Feeding starving miners and such is far more important than stockpiling clay.
GWG, Ovrsr.

MEMORANDUM
Re: All dorfs, dwarves, semi-intelligent livestock, etc
Sub: Trading
First, 'grats on feeding the miner. See if you can apply that idea to aged livestock.
However...remember the other wounded guy? The broker? When I said anyone could trade, that did not just mean her. it couldhave been Urist McEngraver, Urist McMason, Urist McWoodWorker, or even Urist McCrushedByAFallingCeilingHahaYouWereUseless's pet cavy for all I care!
Seriously.
GWG, Ovrsr.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:07:58 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: May 01, 2011, 02:35:00 pm »

Dear Urist Miner-matchstick,

It has come to my attention that after being given orders to create a channel around that oddly shaped volcano cap to prevent any fire imps or other land-walking beasts from getting loose, you dug out the ramp from atop the ramp.

Good job.  I only wish that the ramp down I had you make to try and escape didn't serve as a ramp up for everyone else to try and fetch your corpse and socks and die to the imps as well.

SingedSigned,
 Corwyn, former management.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1552 on: May 01, 2011, 03:22:52 pm »

Dear masons of Ibmatstukos,

That elf swordsman you are so afraid of is two Z-levels down, behind fortifications, in a walled-off pit, unconscious, and bleeding heavily with half a dozen bolts in him.  Please stop canceling your jobs because of him.  I don't care if you're scared of him, or want to get closer to point and laugh, just get the damn wall finished already.

Dear marksdwarves of Ibmatstukos,

When I tell you to stand behind the fortifications, I would appreciate if you'd where I tell you two, immediately behind the fortifications, rather than a random location kind of near them where you can't actually see the elves to shoot them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 03:28:32 pm by Sphalerite »
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 01, 2011, 09:31:06 pm »

Dear Urist McIdler,

I designated those levers to be pulled, and expected them to be pulled soon. We needed those to block out the goblin ambushers. You left it up to the human caravan guards to hold them back, and still let a few over to be dealt with Urist McRecruit.

Dear Urist McRecruit,

Thanks for being one of the few to properly outfit yourself with the last wave of goblins' old equipment. Don't get attached to that stuff, I'm melting down all the bronze as soon as we can keep the greenies away long enough to get some proper steel going.

Please hurry up to defend the bridges next time. We lost three of your inexperienced friends to the goblins before you showed up.

Despite that, you're being promoted. Urists McDeadrecruits failed to achieve any more than superficial bruises on the goblins between them, but you seem to have found the best lash that the gobbos left, and there are reports of goblin pieces flying off in every direction like you were beating them with a Salad Shooter. Eventually, two of the three decided they would rather brave the deepest level of the dry moat rather than your whip.

You get to keep the whip until we get a masterwork one inlaid with gems for you.

Planning a lasher squad now,
the overseer.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:44:41 pm by Deus Machina »
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 02, 2011, 04:08:12 am »

Dear Mayor:

I must assure you that our militia captain had nothing to do with your failed mandate, but I'm sure you know best. Here's a wooden hammer and some wooden armor. You're the captain of the guard now. If you wish to beat up our candy clad super buff militia captain, he's over there dealing with the sieging great fiend spiders. Have !!fun!!.

Dear Undertakers:

Regrettably, our dear Mayor wandered outside during the siege. She was webbed by a great fiend spider, ignited by a hellfire imp, turned into a pincushion by the nightwings, and then, tragically, pounded into the ground by a jotunar. After her pieces have stopped burning (you may have to wait for them to land too), please fetch the closest fragment and throw it in a tomb. Good point, that would involve exposing yourselves to daylight. Tell you what, just make a slab.

p.s. The former Mayor appears to have killed her husband, something about him not making aluminum items for her. Please look into this.

ooc: Fortress defense mod is fun :)

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 02, 2011, 07:04:50 am »

To all idle dwarves of Bellrings

THERE IS A MASSIVE DOGFIGHT GOING ON IN THE DINING ROOM PLEASE START CAGING THE DOGS THAT I HAVE ASSIGNED TO CAGES BEFORE ANYONE ELSE GETS BITTEN. PLEASE.
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 02, 2011, 09:48:47 pm »

To: Urist McBabby
Re: Your mother

Swimming is fun, isn't it! But Mommy is worried about you. If you don't get out of the water, you might die of hunger.

GET OUT OF THE WATER THIS INSTANT OR YOU'LL GO TO BED WITHOUT ALCOHOL!

Kids...
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 02, 2011, 11:52:43 pm »

dear mechanic's

when i tell you guys, dont dump stuff, and remake those steel serrated disc traps, i f*cking mean it, dont just sit around doing nothing, because of you, my initial military, is dead, having to be saved, by a bunch of skill-less(steel) dwarves.

signed
ctrl+alt+deleting overseer

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 03, 2011, 04:31:18 pm »

Dear Urist McHunter,

Considering that you're new to this job, it might be a better idea to keep hunting elk birds rather than attacking that cave crocodile over there...

The Management

Dear Undertakers of Akrulatol,

Get another coffin ready.

The Management
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 03, 2011, 04:54:17 pm »

To Hunter

Oops, my bad.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 504