Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1510983 times)

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1170 on: March 14, 2011, 10:53:16 am »

Dear all you useless animals,

I have you pastured outside because that's where the grass is.  I'm working on building an underground pasture but I am still in the process of building a roof.  We have walls.  We have a drawbridge.  So please tell me why oh why you insist on panicking like a bunch of ... animals ... whenever anything vaguely resembling an enemy comes near the fortress walls, requiring all my dwarves to drag you back into your pasture.  It's a giant capybara for Armok's sake!  It's virtually one of you!  You don't need to run around like a bunch of maniacs.

I'd butcher every single one of you except for the milk and eggs that I get, and the fact that my hunter keeps bringing bloody enourmous Elk Bird corpses for my butchers and my storerooms are already flooded with meat that my cooks can barely keep up with.

Grow a couple more braincells, please.  The magma option is looking pretty appealing.

Yrs. Sincerely
Omniscient Overseer
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:55:15 am by ledgekindred »
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 14, 2011, 01:07:31 pm »

Dear Urist McAxeDorf

You were fighting a freaking Dama Gazelle.
AND DODGED INTO A RIVER.
Jump the other way next time, you dead halfwit.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 14, 2011, 01:50:52 pm »

Another artifact shoe. Thank you very much, everyone loves artifacts shoes.

the next one to do a artifact shoe will be made a example to all dwarfs who think is nice to build useless artifact crap.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 14, 2011, 02:35:01 pm »

Dear All My F**kin' Dwarves:

Please read this article on Wikipedia.

~Management.
Thanks, I'm gonna put it on a note at the entrance of the fort. Just because it's Legendcrypts doesn't mean you can get away with being decapitated by a prisoner.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 14, 2011, 02:48:50 pm »

Dear possessed Metalcrafter,

yes we planned bad and the magmareservoir tapped at the top of the magmalake didnt fill  for more than 2/7 .. so we built a makeshift extra miniforge to smelt and produce parts for one screrwpump to fill it from below (due to our extensive allready done construction of the smelt chamber)

yes we could have done more but since everything is valuable ore down there we made it small ...

BUT ITS NO F***KING GOOD PLAN TO TURN POSSESSED AND CLAIM THE FORGE FOR A METAL TOY THE SECOND THE OTHER CRAFTER *MATERIALS FINALLY ARRIVED DOWN THERE...

*gasp*

be happy i need your skills later on  else teh militia would have allready riddled your body with bolts  and threw you out into the maws of the waiting 30 tigerman that prevent us to go the charcoal way ...

we hate you!!

The Administration

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 14, 2011, 03:10:31 pm »

(Note found taped to the door of Spirelantern)

Dear Goblins,
We're never coming out. Go die.
-Dorfs

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 14, 2011, 03:13:58 pm »

So what ,they digged in the caverns? Bad idea , the wild life may kill them , there may be FBS and there may be clowns..
Desu

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 14, 2011, 03:17:43 pm »

So what ,they digged in the caverns? Bad idea , the wild life may kill them , there may be FBS and there may be clowns..

Nope. Just hiding inside until the goblins get bored and leave. Not very dwarfy, but I only have to dwarves alive right now.

Abyss, Holder of Light

• Bay Watcher
  • [DARK_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 14, 2011, 04:40:40 pm »

Hey Useless Dorfs,

My name is Abyss, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are lazy, alcohol-guzzling peons who spend every second of their day hauling random trinkets and drinking more alcohol. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten to legendary? I mean, I guess it's fun doing nothing when there's work to be done because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than a tantrum spiral, really..

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. The others are pretty much perfect. Captain of the guard, and our powerful militia. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to naked drawn Elves"? They also get masterpiece weapons, and have an opulent bedroom (They just killed a 50-gobbo army; Shit was SO cash). You are all weaklings who should just jump in the magma sea. Thanks for listening.

Yours truly,
Your overseer.
Clearly now all we need added are dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you. Thus we can release them along with the dogs & bees themselves when unwelcome guests come to your fortress.

And then lock the door.

Joshua IX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 14, 2011, 05:10:37 pm »

Dear Goblins,

Come and get us you lily livered cowards, we're the richest dukedom in the dwarven civilisation and the best you can do is an ambush?

Bring on the seige!

Sincere Regards,

The Duke of Syrupcloisters
Whatever happens, make it ironic dwarfy magma.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 14, 2011, 05:37:52 pm »

Dear Nobles,

Yes, I realize that the magma I 'accidentaly' pumped into your room is hot, but that doesn't mean you should open the door and kill everyone with the magma but the one person it was intended to kill.

-Your manager.

(Note to self-- lock his door next time.)
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 14, 2011, 07:04:12 pm »

Dear Ezum Gillcraft,
Mrs. Gillcraft, I understand you are "socially crippled by thoughts that everyone is watching and judging" you, and that you "dislike contracts and regulations." However, the fact that you "prefer that others handle the leadership roles" plus a minor amount of brain activity would indicate that it is a bad idea to form a grudge against the expedition leader/bookkeeper/broker/future sheriff/butcher/leatherworker and the militia commander/woodcutter. Both of them can make your life very unpleasant.
EDIT2: And when you are on break, do NOT, repeat NOT, go into the bedroom of the aforementioned expedition leader.

EDIT:
Dear Ushat Snarlingdyes:
Please do not fall asleep in the mining tunnels until you dig out a route to the surface. My bad that the way was cut off, but still...

EDIT3:
A note to all woodcutters in all universes:
You may have ranks in axedwarf. Whether or not this is so, your battleaxes are useful for more than killing trees-they kill monkies, too!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 08:55:29 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 14, 2011, 11:20:05 pm »

To survivors of "The sacrifices of Quills" crossbow squad.

You could have chosen many better targets than that one semi conscious troll to concentrate all your fire on.  Perhaps that orc master bowman that was picking you off one by one through the fortifications would have been good.  Or perhaps those 6 Maceorcs on giant bats that were flying over the wall to get to you.  But no you decided to continue shooting at the damn crippled troll, even when you yourselves were filled with arrows and getting your skulls bashed in with maces.

The lancer squad rushed as quickly as they could to bail your tails outta the fire, but unfortunately failed as after the lancers killed the last maceorc, and the orc bowman used his last arrow, they saw that you were all slaughtered to the man.

So I guess this letter is addressed to the 2 lazy bums in the squad who spent the entire siege asleep and managed to live the bloody slaughter just by virtue of being in the wrong place at the right time...  Congratulations on your promotion to number 1 and 2 in the crossbow squad.  Here have the high quality armor.  Don't mind the blood and dents. 

Don't make the same mistake your predecessors did.
The (replacement) Administration
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 14, 2011, 11:32:04 pm »

Dear high master Potter,

What the hell is with you and that human who trained giant capybaras? I mean really, nine out of ten statues that you sculpt are of that  one guy!

Sincerely,
Your overseer.
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 14, 2011, 11:48:02 pm »

Dear Comerades of the people's fort,

When your Glorious Leader designates that a wall should be built at the fort entrance and every one of you have masonry skill enabled, *somebody* should go build that wall before the Ettin gets in. It's a good thing that Comerade Daton managed to kill it or we could all be dead now.

Sincerely,
Glorious Leader
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 504