Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1510960 times)

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1155 on: March 13, 2011, 10:43:25 am »

Sounds very dwarfy to me!
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

anon_outlaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 13, 2011, 10:47:52 am »

yuppers, i'm having the corpse of some fool who was standing on a frozen lake... in spring. as soon as it's winter and i can dig up his frozen corpse im dropping it off of a cliff as punishment for being so careless!
Has anyone attempted to use a loyalty cascade to play a hermit fortress?

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 13, 2011, 12:00:00 pm »

I'll leave a post here for every time my woodcutter has died from something stupid in the first couple seasons. A skeletal buzzard shouldn't be able to kill you, you have an axe!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 13, 2011, 03:39:14 pm »

Dear Urists McMiners:
Use the nice silver picks I just made so that Urist McDraftedMechanic can make a mechanism so that someone can assemble the other silver parts into a well so that no one has to die.
Sincerely,
GreatWyrmGold.
PS: Sorry about only embarking with only 7 drinks in what turned out to be a saltwater biome.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 13, 2011, 07:46:34 pm »

Dear Urist McLegendaryMason,

Having been the senior mason of Tinfound almost since its foundation, it would be hoped that you knew a little bit about construction. For one thing, attempting to construct an isolated piece of stone floor that is entirely unconnected to the bridge you are standing on, is a really stupid thing to do. Try extending the floor from solid ground like I asked you to.

Because of your stupidity, honest workers are now being diverted to collect your mangled corpse from the new spike pit, as well as your colleague who coincidentally died after a piece of floor landed on his head.

Signed,

The Management.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 13, 2011, 08:06:03 pm »

Dear Urist McMason,

While we have the time, I would like to discuss the difference between 'near water' and 'submerged'. 'Near water' refers to a spot of land that is somewhere within sight of some water. 'Submerged' means that the site is complete covered in water, and can no longer be reached. The site where I ordered you to build a wall was not submerged. It was simply near water. I am sure that as we sit here, waiting for the aquifer to fill the fort, we will all use some of our remaining minutes to contemplate your failure to pay attention to basic Dwarvish.

Sincerely,
Your Mayor
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Hellmoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Exports: Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 13, 2011, 08:54:44 pm »

Dear Legendary Tanner,

Though I openly mock your skills as 'basically the equivalent of "Legendary Pants-Wearer"' at almost every opportunity, I think you should know that I'd honestly prefer it if you didn't wall yourself in an 80z pit out of petty spite, and then die of thirst just as I commence pumping in an entire cavern lake.

I kid because I love; don't take it so hard!

Sincerely,
Your affably abusive Overlord
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.

mimmfantry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 13, 2011, 09:23:36 pm »

Dear Urvad Mcstupidmilitary Dwarf,

When I ordered you into your burrow, its because i was planning on raising the drawbridge. You had more than enough time to get all the way across it, infact you stood on the bridge for several minutes, before I ordered the bridge raised anyways. I'm upset at you not for getting smashed into less than nothing, I'm upset because you took my masterwork steel breastplate and axe with you, cause Ursit Mclegendaryweaponsmith to start punching everyone in the face.

With Great contempt,

Your overseer.

P.S. Your wife is next

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 13, 2011, 09:59:04 pm »

To Miitary of Minecastle

Ok, crap, the orcs are here early.  Are you at least armed?  Good, some minor miracle that was.  40 migrants and the capital can't be assed to send a single weaponsmith or armorsmith...  Oh well, yer all in no quality iron, but relax I'm sure the orcs are in worse, one moment and I'll, take a look.

....Yea....well, they are in mithril and steel...  But don't worry! You outnumber them! and the crossbows should do a bit of damage even with only bone bolts!

Note to self, get a damn leatherworker.

Ok so the crossbow users didn't fire because they have no quivers to put the bolts in...uh....good luck!

Locking myself in my room til this is over,
The Administration.

P.S. Stop trying to headshot that spearorc, Your iron ain't gunna do shit through that mithril helmet.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 10:03:26 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 14, 2011, 12:37:27 am »

Dear beloved Administrator,
There is no reason to hide in your room. After the orcs got finished laughing at our pitifully equipped forces, they traded 3 camels, a goat, and a chicken for your wonderful management skills. We hope you like cleaning middens.

Sincerely,
 Survivors of the military of Minecastle

P.S Go stock up on gloves
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 14, 2011, 02:09:13 am »

Dear dwarves.

Please explain those merchants that swimming out of a fortress with pack animals is a bad idea.

Sincerely
Baron Baconeer, the verified eyeseller.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 14, 2011, 05:30:40 am »

Dear Urist McWagondriver,

Thank you for guiding us safely to our destination. Not only did you successfully navigate the obscene amount of clutter left behind when our predecessors abandoned the fort after the attack of a miniaturized bronze colossus and ensuing drawbridge accident, you actually chose a safe place to park.

I do, however, have a question.

How the hell did you manage to park the wagon on the roof of a castle whose only access to the ground was a three story tall single tile stairway?

Confused but not displeased,
The Overseer.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 14, 2011, 09:10:08 am »

How the hell did you manage to park the wagon on the roof of a castle whose only access to the ground was a three story tall single tile stairway?

Dear Overseer,

A little-known fact about Dwarven settlements is that the wagon does not actually drive from point a to point b.
It is actually dropped by a trained roc. Frankly, it's a miracle we survive at all.

Sincerely, Urist McDraftedforthisjob
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 14, 2011, 10:25:57 am »

Dear Urist McSwordmaster
Reading your thoughts, I noticed that you "enjoyed starting a fist fight recently". Now, normally, this would be fine. The engineering accident that crushed your two friends was entirely my bad, as was your son melting after playing in the forgotten beast blood. But when you say fist, I assume you meant sword, because the last fist I saw that could tear a legendary engraver's head from his body belonged to a bronze colossus. Seriously, if homicide is your first answer to every little thing that goes wrong...

YOU ARE THE BEST SWORDSDWARF A BLOODTHIRSTY OVERSEER COULD EVER ASK FOR. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

Sincerely, your Depraved Overseer.
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 14, 2011, 10:33:05 am »

Dear All My F**kin' Dwarves:

Please read this article on Wikipedia.

~Management.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 504