Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Embers and Ash- Daisy's tale  (Read 4444 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Embers and Ash- Daisy's tale
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:12:53 am »

Blood pools at your feet. It stains the walls, it collects in depressions in the floor, it dripps from your hands. You raise one of your arms, bringing the blood to your lips, and take a sip. The coppery tang tastes good, and you greedily drink down every drop. Sucking on your index finger, you look at the source. A mangled mound of flesh, vaguely humanoid, lays upon the floor, right where you left it. You leave it there for the police to find, walking out the front door with a small grin on your face. The light blinds you when you open the door, youv'e been inside a long, long time...

Daisy jerks awake, the smell of fresh, torn flesh replaced by the smell of sterilized walls and medicine. The bright fluorescent light above Daisy's bed is on, shining it's clean white light on her prone form. The bed Daisy is laying on is the simple cot given to all the patients at this facility, only half filled with low-grade cotton, but it's enough to get to sleep on. The room is painted a sterile white with some light blue stripes to make sure the color doesn't give her a headache.
   The Doctor is in a chair near Daisy's bed. He's already in full regalia, with his labcoat prim and proper, a couple pens and a napkin sticking out of his pocket in a suitably doctoral fashion. The Doctor tells her not to make up words, that that only makes her condition worse, but she still uses them inside her own head.
   "Miss Cooper, I belive you sent for me?"
   Daisy sits up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She didn't remember calling The Doctor to her, and certainly not giving him permission to enter her room! She suddenly felt quite exposed in her flimsy nightdress, and she pulled the covers higher up her chest.
   "I don't remember-"
   "Miss Cooper, what happened yesterday?" Asked The Doctor, leaning closely over Daisy. His glasses glinted in the light, the glare obscuring everything but the lenses. They seemed to take over the room, growing larger and larger...
   "Miss Cooper, there's a visitor waiting- Oh, Doctor, I didn't see you there! Please excuse the interruption, I wasn't aware-" The nurse was flustered, obviously at a loss for the proper procedures. Everyone here was into procedures. All neat and tidy. No wiggle room.
   "It's no problem, Martha. I was just finishing up, anyways. Feel free to take Miss Cooper to her visitor. I'll pack up." The Doctor droned, his typical tone.
   "Ah, yes... Err, Miss Cooper, if you would..." She motioned out of the door, into the hall. Then, skillfully, she turned on her heel and left. You knew your way to the visitors room, Nurse Harlem wouldn't have to guide you.
   The Doctor is rifling around on your counter top, seemingly looking for something.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Embers and Ash- Daisy's tale
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 08:58:27 am »

>"What re you looking for?"
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 11:07:11 am »

>Punch his skull in
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 11:17:35 am »

>Make a break for it, and hijack the first blue police box you see.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 11:29:18 am »

>Punch his skull in
>Make a break for it, and hijack the first blue police box you see.
Pretty sure this is one of those serious games, not the joke ones. Ask what he's looking for.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 04:07:27 pm »

>Stand up calmly, your obviously in a mental institute, so try not to listen to most of the voices in your head, walk over to the doctor and ask him what he is looking for and if needs any help finding it. When/If your done helping the doctor head to the visitors room, who the hell would be visiting you, here?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 05:42:22 pm »

"Doctor?" Daisy asks, a little nervous. The Doctor isn't known for his generosity. In fact, the doctor is known for his cold-heartedness and clinical look at life.
  "What, Miss Cooper?"
  "What exactly are you looking for?" She asks. She is curious, as she hasn't noticed any medical implements before. Patients are forbidden from obtaining anything that could be used to cut or draw or hang things, or do anything creative or suicidal at all.
  "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not looking for anything." The Doctor replies, clipping his suitcase back together. "Miss Cooper, do you not have a visitor waiting for you?"
  "Err... I guess..."
  "We do not guess here, Miss Cooper. We know, or we do not. There are no guesses, no variables. Only the known and the unknown." Almost as an afterthought, he adds "And there are far more unknowns than knowns.
  "See to your visitor, Miss Cooper. I'm sure he won't wish to be kept waiting." And with that, The Doctor stalks out of the room. His lab coat flaps behind him like pale, albino bat wings.
  Daisy stands there for a while before heading to the Visitation Hall. She briefly wonders who could be visiting her. She has no family, few relatives, and her best friend is in here too. She asks herself this as she walks to the Visitation Hall through the stark white patients door.
  The Visitation Hall is colored in pastels, blues and pinks and yellows like a nursery. Several patients sit behind panes of glass, speaking to their relatives, their friends, or their lawyers. Several patients who are more far-gone than her are screaming or crying or laughing as they talk.
  A man sits at an empty booth, his eyes locked on Daisy as she enters. He has a ring of white hair circling the back of his head, and tiny half-moon glasses rest low on his nose. He is clean shaven and wrinkled. A sigular cake sits on the counter in front of him.
  Another man sits in another booth. This man has dark brown hair, shoulder length and curled at the ends. His chin is slightly pointed, but mostly round. He has massive muscles and is wearing a thick T-shirt and jeans. A black felt box sits on the table in front of him, and he smiles at Daisy as she walks in the door.
  The qustion remains, however. Who exactly is Daisy's visitor? She would hate to get it wrong...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 06:06:18 pm »

>Look around for one of the institutes employee's, they both looked over you must have two... or maybe one has a case of mistaken identity, if you find one, ask them who is your visitor, if indeed they both are, go to the man with the cake. Cake good!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 10:43:22 am »

Daisy looks around for a nurse, but none appear to be available. Most are quieting screaming patients, or helping the gibberish-speakers talk to loved ones. None are available.
  She sits down by the man with the cake. He smiles at her and pushes the cake through a hole in the protective screen.
  "Here. This may help you." He says, before getting up and walking away. No-one notices him leave.
  Daisy takes a sniff of the cake. It kinda smells like chocolate with saomething spicy in it. The spice is pretty faint, though, and Daisy thinks she may see some Hot Tamales embedded in the cake. Odd.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 10:51:58 am »

> Gorge self.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 01:02:32 pm »

Daisy takes a bite from the cake. It tastes good... Very good. So good, in fact, she gorge herself. Then she gets sleepy. Leaning her head against the wall, she goes to take a nap...

Sleep...

Dreams...

Nightmares...

Thou art I, I art Thou.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 02:08:38 pm »

>Wake up! The cake was drugged!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 02:11:38 pm »

Daisy struggles, but cannot awake!

There's something you are missing...
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 02:05:52 pm »

>Wake up! The cake was drugged!
Not quite. Close. The madreamess has a hint for you. Speculate.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 03:58:58 pm »

The peppers were drugged?

and the only things i get from that are
Creature from black lagoon
Binary code
Sumthin about a song
and a big red shark with a black line...
Pages: [1] 2 3