Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Starport: Galactic Empires  (Read 5006 times)

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starport: Galactic Empires
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 12:05:55 pm »

Yeah ok, I'm joining "Newbie galaxy" now
Join the new Hermit Succession

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 03:14:40 pm »

just checked, it said rebang in 71 hours.
so it'll start at approximately 4:20 PM EST 3 days from now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 04:14:25 pm »

just checked, it said rebang in 71 hours.
so it'll start at approximately 4:20 PM EST 3 days from now.
Which galaxy?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 04:28:52 pm »

Pirates Heyday. normal game, max corp size i think was 4, start with 250,000 in and and in the bank.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 02:17:38 pm »

Tomorrow we take over the galaxy!
Some how we'll manage to flood every planet with magma.....
Even if magma isn't in the games code!!!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 02:32:55 pm »

I'm pretty sure magma + Gas Giant = Explosion! :D

besides that, tomorrow the Corp will be called Planepacked, password 'dwarf'.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 04:14:29 pm »

I used to play, and left after several game-breaking patches.  I wouldn't recommend it based on the developer's poor reaction to community feedback, personally.  The concept is good, however.

KG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 04:17:40 pm »

What do you think broke the game? I really haven't played it since the asteroids appeared and annoyed me to non-playing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 04:55:49 pm »

Whats with the name planepacked? I see it everywhere here...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 05:01:30 pm »

Whats with the name planepacked? I see it everywhere here...
Mood item made by bug with material collection caused the most epic, valuble artifact ever to be made (and one one only 3 or so that has more than 5 paragraphs of description). Its also recursive, because some of the engravings are of itself.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Planepacked
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 06:21:13 pm »

I'm really just playing it because I wanted a decent space game I could play on an older computer until I get my Hazeron-capable one back. Feel free to tell me if there any other good free space games.

Its fun-ish, has ship fighting, has trading, can make colonies and defend them.
size: smaller, but I've never explored an entire galaxy ingame
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 07:31:13 pm »

I suppose it's not full galactic exploration I'm looking for but moreso the ability to stake out one's claim in some isolated area or to still be able to find useful planets after the galaxy has aged.

Also- Is it time or tick-based, or can you fly around doing stuff on your own time?
Being able to stake a claim is easy;get a biodome, find a planet, place biodome, take a few dozen colonists and drop them off, they'll reproduce quickly if its hospiteble, if not they'll slowly multiply. give them organics and anaerobes to boost reproducion, oil and meds to boost morale. Earthlike planets produce organics more than others whch makes it easier to get lots of workers/taxpayers quickly.

The hard part is keeping them after its aged awhile, unless you go way out from Sol or other Starbases (making a colony near the one or two pirate Starbases is not a good idea if you have positive Rep.). if you set a colony to Corporate instead of Personal other Corp members can help supply stuff and set up more defenses.

You can do stuff on your on time, only limits is how much money your character has (you lose it and all your cargo when blown up unless its in the bank, but can go and pick it back up if your attacker didn't grab it), and warp fuel, which is generated at a specific rate per min. You start with at least 2000 fuel, the cap is 5K. (the average is .50/min; I believe Pirate's Heyday is set at .67/min or so)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:34:01 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 07:32:35 pm »

The cap is 5000.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 11:47:19 am »

What do you think broke the game? I really haven't played it since the asteroids appeared and annoyed me to non-playing.

That was one of the major ones; the asteroid belts were Toonces' baby, and broke autopilot and access to planets.  The other big one introduced was ship upgrade modules, just after I quit, which I heard destroyed ship balance, and really hurt rebangs because the cost was too high unless you were using pay-for tokens.  I've concluded I hate micro-transactions since then.

KG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 12:43:22 pm »

The Old Republic map is Asteroid-free, and gives everyone a full set of modules (which can't be changed or sold, its all manueverability and speed boosters and transfer between ships). its a perma map,though.
I'm not asking you to play it again, but that map's there if you want to.

In other news, Pirate's Heyday has a corp member limit of 8, which is twice the default. It also rebangs in 1 hours.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:35:23 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2] 3