Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Starport: Galactic Empires  (Read 5008 times)

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Starport: Galactic Empires
« on: August 07, 2010, 02:44:35 am »

From the main site:

Several hundred years in the future, scientific breakthroughs have brought on a golden age of space exploration. Amidst this booming new frontier, there is colonization, piracy, and wonder. Empires are forged and destroyed across epic space battles in the never-ending quest for glory. For a bold and cunning captain, the future is unlimited.

Starport is a massively multiplayer game meaning you play with and compete against many other players from around the world. Your life in the Starport universe will be filled with the excitement of battling other space captains for control of the galaxy, joining up with allies to run giant multigalactic corporations, and colonizing or invading vast new worlds to expand your empire. Crusader of justice or villainous space pirate? The choice is yours!

The best part of all is that Starport is completely free to play. Download Starport now and start discovering the thrilling secrets of life in space right away!

It's a top down 2d mmo shooter, with colonisation elements.

Site: http://www.starportgame.com/
Info: http://www.starportgame.com/information.php

This looks pretty awesome. I've played it before, ages ago. It might be good to start up a Bay12 Corp. After installing it and running it, it'll download and install a metric fuckton of patches before you can actually play.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starport: Galactic Empires
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 08:34:06 am »

Great game, best colonization system I've seen in an mmo. Always remember it and go back to it every once in a while. Not now, though.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:45:17 am »

i tired it last night, but got sleepy. I will try it again, seems kinda fun.
I got nothing

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 09:51:20 am »

I'm known as Toast on... some perma server. Can't remember which one. I attacked a colony that had no defences, made it my own, set up defences and now the original owner has attacked me over ten times. In the meantime, I'm running around the galaxy trading stuff and making shittons of money. I then went back to my colony, and logged off. He's probably taken it over again, by now. :(

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 02:25:55 pm »

This might hold me until hazeron works on my computer, thanks. :D

EDIT: Ok, I pissed a trader off, will he ever let me trade with him again?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 05:07:30 pm by Hugehead »
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 05:25:14 pm »

I suggest starting up a corp on a rebang server shortly after it starts over. Then we could (theoretically) control the entire galaxy.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 11:19:44 pm »

This might hold me until hazeron works on my computer, thanks. :D

EDIT: Ok, I pissed a trader off, will he ever let me trade with him again?

Traders will let you trade with them, after a few minutes of being pissed at you. Only problem with trading is that your favourite routes eventually dont work because the stations will become broke.

I suggest starting up a corp on a rebang server shortly after it starts over. Then we could (theoretically) control the entire galaxy.

Are there any that'll reset soon, or that are new?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 11:29:20 pm »

I remember when this game was really new and crappy... But now it's...

Welcome to the best free MMO game on the internet!

According to tucows. topshareware.com, GLa, and Brothersoft!!!

/Trollface

Ohnoes, RealID is coming to get me!

On a more serious note, this game is still going? Have there been any improvements? The screenshots seem the very same from like 10 years ago.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 11:49:46 pm »

The graphics havent changed at all, really, and the gameplay is still kinda grindy. I can't remember exactly how it was when I first played, but it seems much easier to get going than before.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 07:50:45 am »

@Manifold: There are several galaxies that have only been going a few days
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 07:05:03 pm »

Oh man, I remember stumbling across this game literally aeons ago. I'm surprised it's still around.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 03:19:45 pm »

Oh man, I remember stumbling across this game literally aeons ago. I'm surprised it's still around.
Me too. Are we going to make a corp? I'll play, need something to do while Hazeron (and my comp that can play Hazeron) are fixed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 10:14:24 am »

the Pirate's Heyday rebang restarts tomorrow, or sometime soon anyway. (the current one ends at 4 PM today) Anyone want to make a Bay12 corp? (if not, just ignore this and I'll continue on by meself.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 10:18:02 am »

I'm downloading it now so I'll help you.

Edit: Downloaded, so which server are we going on?
Just checked others posts, so how soon is rebang starting?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:33:00 am by oidip »
Join the new Hermit Succession

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 11:25:49 am »

Idk, but Pirates Heyday is AWESOME. You start with $250,000 in hand instead of the default $5K (and in the bank, but I'd leave that there in case you lose your ship), so you can buy a better ship before you even leave Sol.

I'm also in The Old Republic, which is the classic mode map (before they put asteriods in), but we won't make any progress there, its a perma map and theres always lots of people in it

Until the rebang happens, I'd suggest joining Newbie or Beginner's Galaxy and learning how to fly/make money, I could join you there if you want.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3