Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurers as Movers  (Read 856 times)

Tokeli

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wow, mew
    • View Profile
Adventurers as Movers
« on: August 06, 2010, 06:35:45 pm »

So, I wanna move a whole bunch of goodies from one abandoned fortress to another and reclaim the latter. But I've run into a massive problem. For one, the world map when embarking in adventure mode isn't quite the same as in dwarf mode. And even when embarking on a town one square away, it's impossible to find any landmarks in Travel mode that would help me find it. And this is before even walking all the way to my second fortress location.

I've heard of people doing it before, so how the heck do you guys use adventurers like this?

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers as Movers
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 02:12:28 am »

If you know where on the map the fort is (it will show as a dwarf settlement) then once you get into the tile you can find it using the nearby places list on the top left. it should give a compass direction to head in. you'll know you're near when you start seeing loads of crap scattered everywhere. i hope the items you're looking for are in lead bins or you're going to have a hard time finding them.

EDIT: Spelling...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 06:05:49 am by Foamy »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers as Movers
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 05:40:17 am »

If you know where on the map the fort is (it will show as a dwarf settlement) then once you get into the tile you can find it using the nearby places list on the top left. it should give a compass direction to head it. you'll know you're near when yous tart seeing loads of crap scattered everywhere. i hope the items you're looking for are in lead bins or you're going to have a hard time finding them.

That, or specifically engineered adventurer vaults, which can be only accessed after forcing a cave-in. How you do that is at your discretion.