Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 1746 times)

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dreams
« on: August 06, 2010, 12:25:15 pm »

Post your dreams.
One I remember from last night:
My house was normal, but in Africa. There was this wierd robot rubiks cube thing that could tranform and I was protecting it from all these people. Someone wanted to buy it from me, but there was no normal money, just these grains of plastic called "plastins" that you can use to make stuff in a machine.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 01:41:45 pm »

Last night's was pretty good. The rising of Cthulhu happened, and all the survivors of humanity were put into sadistic death mazes. Started on a normal seeming beach, surrounded by a concrete box. One locked door was the way out. First attempt resulted in these horrible things of various sizes and shapes coming out of the water and walking into the crowd of people, turning attention to people seemingly at random. The door had unlocked, but that didn't matter as a giant glowing blue mockery of a human being saw me. After "respawning", the same events happened, except this time I was able to escape into a bunch of hallways with further horrid death traps. Kind of looked like Half-Life 2, in retrospect. The horrid screams of the other survivors dying stopped at some point, and I found a courtyard. The walls were painted to look like a forest vista, but it was another concrete box. There was a picnic table with an apple and a lemon on it. Another guy was there. We knew that the apple represented magic, and that the single bite missing was taken by Eve. This bite had killed half of humanity. The lemon represented logic. One of these would kill us, and the other would allow passage into the next trial. The other guy decided to eat the apple so he could teleport us both to the next trial. He ate it and his outfit turned into a steriotypical superhero costume, holding a magician's wand. He tested some harmless spells I tried to dodge, and then attempted to teleport. He slowly melted into a slurry of blood and bone shards, screaming all the while. I grabbed the lemon and ate it as fast as I could, finding myself in the next trial. There were three people in the room with me, but none of them were moving. This was because two of the three had small metal hooks (think Mass Effect 2: Overlord style) holding their eyes open to a static blasting TV. The third was the same, but with only one eye held open and looking at the only door out of the room. They were alive, but unreponsive. I opened the door, and was confronted by another Half-Life 2 hallway. And all the lights in it suddenly broke. Thinking "Oh, fuck this.", I sprinted down the dark hallway, expecting to die. And then I woke up.

Scary, but kind of fun.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:56:16 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 01:52:24 pm »

Last night's was pretty good. The rising of Cthulhu happened

I read about this far before discerning that you are a crazed madman.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 02:39:05 pm »

Was having my first cool one in months till I was interrupted by a phone call from a colleague about something dumb.

First some dudes were in Japan fighting with katanas. Then I somehow got involved. I then was going somewhere with one of them, and we were sort of in some other country but also in some park near my house. Trippy ass shit. Then we were flying down some stream that was way too narrow to hold us, and then went down some pipe into a waterfall and into some tiny little pool that was next to a way bigger pool. I later realized we had to be really tiny otherwise the fall would have killed us. Then I got a phone call.

Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 02:55:32 pm »

So basically there was me and a bunch of naked lesbians.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 02:57:41 pm »

So basically there was me and a bunch of naked lesbians.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naturally, they were lesbians after all.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 09:05:27 pm »

I think I dreamt about a festival, where a tournament was held. It was mandatory to have a costume made of colored rubber latex (not the kinky kind, more like the costume kind) And I was set to defeat this huge, blue fuck of a guy. We battled for long hours on top of gigantic mushrooms, and I managed to break his arm, and he broke my right. I, for some reason, used my right arm to lift a huge-ass sword and stabbed him, winning the girl and the money.
The girl was a girl I know from a completely different part of the world in real life, and the money was spanish dubloons. It didn't even cover the bus fare home.

Not the weirdest one I've ever had, but it was incredibly fun to battle a gigantic smurf of a guy.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 09:43:23 pm »

Eh why not?

My dream today involved being with my bro and some of his friends. Yet for some odd reason, we were all at various ages I remember. So along the way we get into a bus and while I was poking around in my pocket trying to see how much money I had; it turns out the bus driver is actually a werewolf. He's not exactly a campy kind of werewolf, more like... trench coat wearing turn into werewolf at will creature. So for no fucking reason he starts a monologue while hanging outside the window; he's not holding onto the steering wheel. Fearing for everyone's safety, I grab the wheel and ram the werewolf bus driver against an iron street pole. He explodes in a burst of blood, specks of blood fleck the window.

This is where the scenery changes, the bus is now on the highway. It's sunny and hot. The land scape looks quite modern with many high rise buildings in the background. Oh, and the highway stretches into the landscape like a river.

Anyway, I'm now driving the bus. No one seems to have noticed the werewolf bus-driver who exploded into blood when I rammed him into a street pole while he was monologuing outside of the driver's window. Then, it seems that cops have come and are now questioning about the werewolf bus-driver's disappearance. We get pulled over by some cop car and I pull the bus into some haphazardly place parking area on the highway; it's over a small cliff but luckily, there's little traffic on the giant highway. The cop is black. He comes up to the bus, inspects everything; he even hangs out the window wiping away some of the blood from the werewolf bus driver who exploded and pretty much lets us go.

The scenery changes again. This time it's a little after daylight. There seems to many rising areas of the highway that branch off. The bus I'm driving is still on the larger lane. Though weird thing... there's various creatures running alongside the bus alien things too.

Not much of interest happens here. Though it appears that the werewolf bus-driver is still alive despite being blown up. Oh and it seems I'm taking the bus to the movies. Fun stuff, a shame it ended. Though, personally, I feel like all my dreams did happen in another dimension. And I'm just there to watch it.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 09:47:16 pm »

Dreamt about pizza, and woke up disappointed :/

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 10:29:01 pm »

I had a dream I was eating a quarter pounder from mcdonalds.  I wokeup noming on my saliva soaked quilt.

Another time I dreamt my grandmothers pet dog had transformed into a tiger and was clawing my arm.  It hurt and felt so real, I was terrified and hid up on the refrigerator in my dream.  I then woke up and saw cat claw marks on my arm.  Damn pets.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 10:39:58 pm »

My dreams work like the movie Inception, except I psychically help (random) people get over their problems with force; sometimes family members without realizing it unless told about it. Sorta like a video game version of Inception, I guess, where everything in the sub-conscious is out to kill me, and I just have to make it to the end boss, and beat it, to win.

I guess a more relevant title to use, however, would be Psychonauts; which I never played before. BTW, my dreams are less cartoony, and more high octane nightmare fuel. Unsurprisingly, I'm jaded to the kinds of stuff I see, and just want to get the job over with. Kinda like playing the Castlevania games or Eversion (or dealing with Giygas in Earthbound), and completely focusing on beating the game, or treasure hunting. I mean, "Wait, you mean to say those bizarre wing things around the guy was a pair of half bodies?! (What do you mean that red mist had a face in it, AND WAS THE BOSS?) I was too busy beating the crap out of the core, I never noticed." would be my reaction most the time; and somehow, I can un-see things that cannot be unseen. Hell, half the time, the One-wing angel forms some things take actually cower before my 1WA form; which goes through the whole painful-looking transformation sequence with an overly-special-effect-ridden fireworky effect, only to end with a nuclear-explosion like force. What comes out of this titanic cloud of fallout and radiant energy? Just me, in my casual wear. Nothing special. Just how I always look on a daily basis. Why is it so scary? Because I have no need to encumber myself with looking cooler, or having more limbs and other crap to hold me back. I'll stick with a form I'm comfy with, and know I can beat the crap out of anything with. Plus, the weaker it looks, the more underestimated it is. What better than being really lazy with the 1WA, and doing nothing with it? BTW, I think the ego of these 1WAs would want to be protected the most, and to be defeated by something in it's casual form (or even perceived as pathetic) would define humiliation. Make matters worse, I cherry tap these 1WAs for sport. I think it got to the point that one dream actually had the Devil himself willing to sign over his soul to me, just so I can show him some mercy if/whenever I deal with him.

Maybe already having been insane in the past gave me an immunity to going insane with the crazy shit I've seen in my dreams. Then again, it probably helps that I'm sick of horror movies, got over my arachnophobia (they're more a nuisance seeing as I'm dealing with them every night), and have played all sorts of games for most my life, and competing against supervillains in outperforming them (reading tropes, and dealing with them in dreamland, and coming up with my own ideas). I guess I can be the element of nightmare fuel in itself if you take enough time to figure all this out and how it works. To make that worse, I look, and am mostly harmless.

When I'm not being a superhero in dreamland (or a psycho-therapist), I tend to screw around with physics and such. How will I know someone's screwing around with my dreams? If things become too real. My dreams are usually surreal, or butcher physics and probability.

It probably doesn't help much that I tend to daydream alot, and/or have waking dreams (dreaming while awake, but not to the point of daydreaming. You know, functional daydreaming). Sorta like a child's imagination.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:44:14 pm by Itnetlolor »

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 10:58:51 pm »

A little backstory: My dreams all follow the canon of some alternate reality. precedents set in one dream carry on to other dreams. Every dream takes place in the same universe, with the same people as the 'real world' but everything is slightly different. For instance, people I knew in high school now hang out with me in Boston, and I chainsmoke.
Normally, these dreams are completely mundane, normal things. But f'ing hell they just had to become nightmares.
The last two dreams I can remember were just... insane. The first one started off normal, but then a monster rose from the pacific ocean. I forget the description but it was immune to conventional weaponry (including atomics) and could only be defeated by massive electrical shock. Then some sciency exposition happened which lead to me bringing home a jar of seawater containing some of the disintegrated (it dissolved when shocked enough) monster, which I put in my fridge. End dream 1.
Dream 2 begins with me in a movie theater. I see a beetle about the size of my fist and go to kill it (I recognized it as one of the monsters), but it flies away before I can get to it. The next 'scene' takes place in my house, where my dog is acting strange. I'm very VERY worried that it's something to do with the monsters (I guess the science exposition revealed they were infectious?). I let it outside and watch as it rapidly spins around in a circle as if it was chasing it's tail, but it was moving so fast it became a blur. it...it also began smoking.
Suddenly, I'm blinded by a bright flash and all that remains of my dog is a black metal frame and ashes. I'm hella torn up about this. My dog just disintegrated and I start crying.
Cut to next scene, back in the movie theater. For some reason I tell a woman I'll kill her fetus (or her as a fetus? I don't remember). That was admittedly harsh, so I go to apologize her and the movie begins. Only it's not a movie. It's a video game about cat-soldiers and plays a lot like metal slug, and everybody gets a turn. Weird... but whatever. After my turn, I look behind me to see a man getting picked up by a large tentacle coming out of the little window the film is projected from, and it's the beetle I saw earlier, only huge, and has lots of flailing tentacles. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I can't remember if that issue resolves, or if this next part came before it, but another monster rose from the ocean and this time it was the Atlantic. It was actually just a really gigantic squid. The army ended up dropping a huge electrical cage around it, which it purposely grabbed and began getting electrocuted but apparently it wasn't enough, because it ended up killing itself by firing a laser beam at the cage, which supercharged it and hit it with enough electricity to disintegrate it.

And that's all I remember of it. I actually dread continuing in this dream world ESPECIALLY if the next dream is the conclusion to the theater scene. That beetle thing was freaking scary as hell.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 11:02:02 pm »

The last two dreams I can remember were just... insane. The first one started off normal, but then a monster rose from the pacific ocean. I forget the description but it was immune to conventional weaponry (including atomics) and could only be defeated by massive electrical shock.
I'm hearing Shaggoth!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 11:26:11 pm »

Just posted this one in HAPPY:

In other news: Red Bull Air Race is on right now. Which reminds me, I wanted to try going through that in Flight Sim X for the past couple days. See how well my flight skills really are.

Then again, my suicidal piloting skills are more from the X-Wing, Ace Combat/Air Force Delta or GTA games. And an offshoot thought from ages back; even with realism set to full, would it be possible to make an F-15 do a 360/180 without tail-spinning, or requiring more proper maneuvers first? I'm talking about a high-speed lateral 360/180 caused by just a minor lift in the trim angle, a little bit of rolling, and lots of yawing, but retaining the trajectory with the engines temporarily shut off, (possibly fire off a missile, or some gun rounds while facing backwards) and then yawing back to facing forward, and continuing flight as if nothing happened.
I remember learning a similar technique in a dream once, and it felt physically possible and probable. I just need to get the feel right to pull it off. But I would have to double check with X-Plane as well to be certain, seeing as their sim operates on a slightly different physics engine that is claimed to be more accurate with airflows and such. It was like, suddenly and swiftly trim upwards by 10-30 degrees, compressing a bunch of air under the wings, as this happens, shut off, or decrease the engine power and spin the ship around like a discus using lateral control (lots of rudder; take advantage of the sudden rush of air, and as much area as possible; use flaps and VTOL engines (if not F-15) if necessary), and improve the odds of semi-stalling by rolling to manipulate the extra airflow, and surf the compressed air-wave that bellows under the wings. Essentially, surf the aircraft in the sky. Now why an F-15 to attempt this? The dream trained me the technique in an F-15, it had a good wing area, F-15s are rather sturdy (there's even a story of one having been landed with only 1 wing intact), and it has plenty of area to manipulate the air with. You can probably try with an F-14, but it might be a little trickier.

I think it would also help to start with a minor downward incline to build up speed, and aim where the air pocket would form to make the trick easier to pull off.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:30:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 11:37:26 pm »

*awesome*
I wish I could remember that much of my dreams... I'm relatively certain I regularly save kingdoms and such, but I can't remember even scraps for more than a few minutes after waking up.

Go buy Psychonauts. It is worth every cent, no matter how much it is. Example: when you get pyrokinesis your mentor tells you never to use it without good reason... or if it would be funny. Also, the woods are full of telekinetic bears.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: [1] 2