Poll

Ignore this poll.

No
- 73 (58.9%)
Sure
- 51 (41.1%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Murdercloisters: Where A Year May Well Be A Lifetime (Succession)  (Read 24692 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdercloisters the Haunted Mirkwood Fortress (Succession, Needs Players!)
« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2011, 04:20:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Erib Onullimul,Manager's Report

While Graebeard carried out his interrogations, one Thob Odordyes put the finishing touches on his great work, "Knotriders."  Witnesses say he remained quite elated with having produced such a fine tribute to Dwarfkind up until the moment of his death.

His body was found in the stairwell.  The coroner's report:  Death by massive hemorrhaging.  Quite concise.

A quick investigation led us to a long trail of blood.  It starts some way up the hall leading from the magma forges, leading all the way to the location of Thob's body.  There was enough blood in the hall that there was hardly any left on the corpse.

There is no sign of the poison anywhere.  Clearly it was brought to him.  But why?  And by whom?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2011, 12:55:16 am »

Bax the Axegoblin tugged uncertainly at his restraints as his handler led him through the quickly narrowing hallway.  "Where we goin'?" he managed to sputter in halting Dwarfish.

The dwarf leading him along kicked open a granite door and led the prisoner through.  Mafol was amazed by how cooperative Goblins became in a set of chains.

"The Pit," he said, standing before a freshly-carved hole leading into the underground forest far below Murdercloisters.  "Glacial says you're dangerous and we have to get rid of you, and I'm not one to argue with the dwarf, he's never lied to me before."

"Don't like the Pit.  Liked cage, was cozy."  Mafol started to pull on the goblin, who stood firmly in place.

"We can't have you hurting anyone," the dwarf said with a sigh.  "Come on, in you go."

"Won't hurt anyone."  Bax smiled gingerly, trying to conceal his rotten teeth.

"I dunno,"  Mafol said.  Goblins lie an awful lot.  I think I'd better just throw you in."

"No, please," Bax clasped his hands.  "Don't want --"

The goblinflew into the ground with a ceremonious choir of bones cracking and metal crumbling followed by detailed recital of every curse word in the goblin language, with the commonest ones repeated for salience.

Glacial appeared at the end of the hall after a short time.  He found Mafol standing at the edge of the pit with a look of concern directed below.  "Is the goblin down there?"

"He's down there alright, seems to be crawling away rather slow-like."

"What?"  Glacial approached thte hole and looked down.  "He's alive?"  This wouldn't do.  The goblin had seen too much, his escape could spell disaster in bright bloody letters.  "Tell me Mafol, what animals have we got that would appreciate a wounded goblin lunch?"

The animal handler returned a few moments later with a muzzled hyena in tow.  With a mighty yank, the muzzle came off and the creature sailed into the darkness below.

Mafol stuck his face over the edge of the pit.  "Well?" Glacial prompted.

"It isn't moving," Mafol said.

"The hyena?  Is it hurt or is it just standing there?"

"It's dead," Mafol said.

"Oh," said Glacial.  "Damn."  There was a pause.  "Well, what else have we got?"

A few minutes later, a warthog, two badgers and a cow were among the dozen animals to find themselves dragged into a narrow corridor and tossed into the unfamiliar world of the underground.  Mafol watched as the animals fell in one by one.  Glacial stood nearby, waiting.

"Did any survive?"

"They sure did,  Glacial.  The first badger died but the warthog only hurt itself badly, and it broke the cow's fall, and the cow broke the fall everything else!  And the badgers are attacking this giant skeleton monster that just appeared.  This worked out really well!"  Mafol looked up, beaming.

"Wonderful," nodded Glacial.  "And the goblin?"

"He got away in the commotion, looks like."

Glacial hurried out of the room.

Erib Onullimul, Manager's Report

Inspector Graebeard's investigation continues.  The latest to be interrogated was Lolor the Metalsmith.

Lolor did not survive the proceeding, and was carried into the hospital bearing an impressive head wound.  Graebeard insists that the beating was in strict accordance with the law and was in no way connected with the ongoing investigation.  It seems that Lolor's sordid past came to light through Graebeard's efforts.

I for one and happy Graebeard is pursuing the cause of justice with such fervor.  It won't be long now before we figure out the cause of these murders.  I have my own suspicions, and while I haven't any hard evidence yet, I feel it's just a matter of time before I catch the suspect red-handed.  I daren't write too much about it here, lest eyes beyond my own invade my book.

Our incumbent mayor has died in the hospital, leaving the office to Pisanoa.  May her reign be longer and more profitable.  Oh gods my --

Update:  I'm occupied these days but I should have another report up within a day or two.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 06:24:36 am by SethCreiyd »

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2011, 12:19:47 am »

Also, can someone dwarf me?  A dwarf named Eli that's a strange fellow, spends ALL his time creating seige engines and operating his favorite catapult. (I got a not-at-all-skilled dwarf to legendary seige operator within a season this way :P)
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 15, 2011, 07:02:54 pm »

It's been slow playing Murdercloisters on this laptop, but here's where we're at;

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 15, 2011, 07:52:12 pm »

It's been slow playing Murdercloisters on this laptop, but here's where we're at;

Lol, last line of spoiler = fun.
Speaking of which, I have hit 3 caverns at once.  The ones below the ones before create a REALLLY freaking HUGE clearing cave.  I'll upload a pic in a bit.\

.... CRAAAAAAAAAP.
Best fort I've had, too.
I accidentally mined 1 block too far into the candy cane.  D:

EDIT2:  Here's the pic. WARNING:IT'S BIG.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:50:38 pm by Saetar33 »
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2011, 03:20:01 pm »

Journal of Zasit Sumunducim, broker of Murdercloisters

The goblins wouldn't leave, so we opened the gates and let them walk into our traps.  A few of them pressed through and were duly dispatched by our ragtag militia, of whom only about half eventually died of injuries.  Glacial and Graebeard were sadly among them.

A few other dwarves bled to death, and the injured mayor Tekkud died of thirst in the hospital (it seem the doctor 'forgot' to feed and water her).  Pisanoa has been made mayor through the usual emergency process.

The caravan came on schedule, followed by a small group of goblin ambushers that the guards dispatched with ease.  Now I must attend to them.  If we send them home with enough wealth, they might forget they saw all those corpses surrounding our fortress.

Now, if I can just get out of bed.

Save is here.  It's the 1st of Moonstone and trade hasn't yet begun, we didn't get any migrants and dwarves keep bleeding to death for no reason I can identify.  The fort is in pretty bad shape!

Still, the siege is gone and I'm happy about that.  Now we can get new dwarves, and Murdercloisters is in dire need of them.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdercloisters the Death Fortress of Mystery (Succession)
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2011, 09:06:49 pm »

I can't believe Pisanoa's still alive after all this.  At this rate she'll be in that hospital bed 'til she dies of old age.
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 20, 2011, 08:09:53 pm »

Okay, sign me up for a turn please :D.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2011, 12:43:57 pm »

Okay, sign me up for a turn please :D.

You've been listed, welcome aboard!

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2011, 01:30:32 pm »

So, has this died? I really hope it hasn't... :'(
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2011, 06:56:04 pm »

No way, not with the interest.  I think it's kilikan's turn now.
At last, she is done.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2011, 09:07:51 pm »

I PMed kilkikan after I ended my turn.  If there is no word by tomorrow, we'll move on to Pisano.

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2011, 05:34:12 pm »

Wha happen?
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2011, 06:38:05 pm »

This sounds like a job for Pisano!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2011, 07:37:16 pm »

PM sent.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16