Poll

Ignore this poll.

No
- 73 (58.9%)
Sure
- 51 (41.1%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Murdercloisters: Where A Year May Well Be A Lifetime (Succession)  (Read 24716 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdercloisters the Haunted Mirkwood Fortress (Succession)
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2010, 05:46:19 pm »

Sweet.  I PMed Efithor and updated the OP.

As for that lamentable artifact's unknown creature, I guess I left culled history turned on.  How exactly does one image an unknown creature?

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2010, 06:42:11 pm »

It's a picture of a giant ???. Either that, or it's the historical equivalent to missingno...

Efithor

• Bay Watcher
  • The Doodle Dictator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2010, 08:03:30 pm »

Oh, boy. My Halltraded turn and this turn show up at the same time. Given the FPS rate at Halltraded, i'll do my Murdercloisters turn first.

-Efithor

Efithor

• Bay Watcher
  • The Doodle Dictator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2010, 06:16:12 pm »

Having issues opening the file, do I have to use winzip?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2010, 06:31:43 pm »

It's a .rar, so Winzip or Winrar will work.

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2010, 07:19:44 pm »

I don't think winzip can open .rar files, get winrar to open it with.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2010, 07:52:38 pm »

Or 7zip, whichever you prefer.  I don't think 7zip nags you to pay money, but I don't actually have that much experience with them.

Efithor

• Bay Watcher
  • The Doodle Dictator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2010, 08:08:05 pm »

Problems fixed, diving right in.

Efithor

• Bay Watcher
  • The Doodle Dictator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2010, 08:51:06 pm »

A rather loud party was being held in the Dining Hall to commemorate the end of the year, and a shift in leadership in Murdercloisters. Intigrant Beramal leaned back in the daggerthorn chair and mused over the previous year. It had all seemed to pass in a blur, with the fortress almost doubling in size and becoming ever more crowded. Despite the monster Siga getting in, the dwarves were 76 strong. Intigrant took a long pull of her plump helmet cigar. Humans had taken to smoking some plant dubbed “Tobacco”, but Intigrant preferred to stick with what she knew. Smoking plump helmets isn't encouraged in Dwarven culture, as the seeds are burned, and rendered unusable. Sence she was book-keeper, however, she was the only one who kept track of such things such as as how many plump helmet seeds they had. And if a few went missing, she was the only one who would notice. Intigrant was actually enjoying herself, until a drunken Charred GP stood upon the table and proclaimed Intigrant as the leader of the fort for the coming year. “Wha-!” At that moment, Intigrant inhaled too deeply from the cigar, and the sudden influx of plump helmety smoke into her lungs caused Intigrant to fall over in her chair and spill on to the +detailed floor+. It was going to be a long year.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Efithor

• Bay Watcher
  • The Doodle Dictator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2010, 09:39:54 pm »

Intigrant woke up on the floor in a fit of coughing, and immediately contemplated her surroundings. Still the dining hall? Good. What a nice dining hall... Irrelevant! The issue here was that she woke up on the floor at all. The issue with Murdercloisters was its intricate cave system, and many previous rulers had not built in a more liberal fashion for fear of tunneling into them. Intigrant rummaged through her trousers and pulled out another cigar, seeing as the first was trampled on the floor, and lit it with a bit of stone she had scavenged from the stores. Intigrant relaxed as the comforting smell of burning plump helmet reached her nostrils, “Now where was I...? Oh yes!” Intigrant continued her previously derailed train of thought; as a result of the caves, and the proximity to the magma sea, Murdercloisters was rather hedged in. Despite this, the Dwarves needed bedrooms. Thus, it would be prudent to take the risk anyway and begin construction of a apartment complex to hold all seventy-plus dwarves. Then we could show up all those negligent rulers of the past! Ha! Intigrant moved down to a suitable level, and marked off the stone she wanted mined. She then yelled for the miners to get to work, and was greeted by a weaver and a fishery worker who went to work on the stone. Before Intigrant could ask why these two were on mining duty, the rocks gave way to...another cavern.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2010, 01:52:00 pm »

So how's this coming along, laddies?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2010, 06:25:57 pm »

Well, if Efithor's done playing or unresponsive then it'll be up to you, Kagus.  I've sent him a PM, so we'll know soon enough.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2010, 06:30:47 pm »

Unfortunately, I still can't take the yoke.  Don't have access to a DF-worthy computer.  Just hadn't seen this thing pop up in a while, so thought I'd poke it a bit.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2010, 06:46:38 pm »

Alrighty, I'll keep you on hold for now in the turn list, just say when you're ready and you can get the next turn thereafter.

Sadly, I never heard from Efithor.  That means it's cappstv's turn now.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:36:24 am by SethCreiyd »

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2010, 05:30:21 pm »

The Journal of Cappstv
28th Slate,
Today was not a good day. Then again most of my life has been terrible. So today was a very terrible day when compare to the rest of my life. So the mayor and his girl friend got married. Yeah, that is great and all and so they had a wedding reception. Now parties are not my thing. I hate parties. This one was worst then most parties. This was due to so call "party games". I hate games, games are a waste of time. Anyway, so the overseer Charred was drunk. Make that very drunk for a dwarf. Anyway, so she was pretty wasted. That is when she climbed up a table and began ranting about how her job is so stupid. And then she quite. At first I was very happy. My happiness was squash when she pointed at me and yelled the words that I will never forget. "Hey, you dwarf! You are now the overseer!" Of course it really came out this way,"Eh, ugh dwarm! Unnn arugh nnnnoa thu ogersever!"

I hate my life.

1st Slate,
A stupid skeleton fox stuck in the fortress and like ruin my day. I am not going to survive here for very long, its too stressful.

7th Felisite,
I am really tired of everyone here. Every 5 minutes I have to hear about how the skeletal chickens are plotting to take Releasedunite the Hill of Danger or how they are chasing our woodcutters outside.

16th Felisite,
A kolbold walk up to the fort today.
He saw a bunch of stupid woodcutters running around getting chased by skeleton chickens.
He didn't stayed long.

17th Felisite,
Elves. Ok, my life has just went really down hill.

18th Felisite,
Zombie chickens seem to be the big new thing now.

20th Felisite,
Rakust just withdrawn from society. And claimed a workshop. So yeah, we are getting another stupid artifact. God the only one that was worth anything was Releasedunite the Hill of Danger.

21st Felisite,
Creiyid is throwing a tantrum.

1st Hematite,
Ok, I'm done with this. Every chicken is going to die this summer.

ps
I wont be able to update till monday.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:37:20 pm by cappstv »
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16