Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Goblins -A threatened race?  (Read 2545 times)

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblins -A threatened race?
« on: August 06, 2010, 07:52:50 am »

I edited the raws to allow adventurers to play as goblins, but theres this one thing that keeps bugging me really badly. In about 75% of the goblin fortresses, the children of the elven/human prisoners rise up against, and kill their goblin masters before year 300. They always spare the leaders though, keeping the entity alive. So when I start playing as a goblin adventurer, I often find my starting location, a goblin fortress, empty of goblins and infested with elves or humans. And heres the strangest thing: the invaders seem to belong to the same entity as the goblin fortress, cause if I attack the leader(usually some demon/animal monster), I get attacked by everyone in the fortress. This is really annoying: if I play as a goblin, I want to be with goblins, and not some stupid elves.

EDIT: The title doesnt sound too racist does it? I mean, I know its just a game, but you never know with some people.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 06:08:55 pm by Comrade_Fregge »

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins -A threatened race?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 08:37:21 am »

not exactly an answer to your question, but i find this relevant nonetheless
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61491.0

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 01:14:49 pm »

You could eddit the raws making goblins have more childeren. However the risk is that they will kill of every other race. Alternatifly you could try edditing the ethics . Try making slavery untinkable look here for more info http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Ethics
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 06:07:15 pm »

This is really annoying: if I play as a goblin, I want to be with goblins, and not some elf faggots.

Please, please refrain from using that kind of language here. It's in the forum rules, and the fact that people don't is one of the bigger reasons why this is my favorite forum.

That said, you could take off the [BABYSNATCHER] tag from their entity file and it'll be all goblins, all the time.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 06:13:08 pm »

This is really annoying: if I play as a goblin, I want to be with goblins, and not some elf faggots.

Please, please refrain from using that kind of language here. It's in the forum rules, and the fact that people don't is one of the bigger reasons why this is my favorite forum.

That said, you could take off the [BABYSNATCHER] tag from their entity file and it'll be all goblins, all the time.

Changed, sorry about that. Dont want to upset anyone. Unless they are Elves, that is.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 06:29:00 pm »

Yeah, that word in particular kinda sets me off. Thanks for being gracious about it! :)

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 06:39:02 pm »

Wouldnt that mess up the fortress mode as well?

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 09:16:13 am »

Out of interest, what exactly did you do to make this possible? I wouldnt mind trying this out, since youd be playing as a minority rather than a superpower...
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 11:13:22 am »

Out of interest, what exactly did you do to make this possible? I wouldnt mind trying this out, since youd be playing as a minority rather than a superpower...

I just added the line [ADVENTURE_TIER:4] under [ENTITY:EVIL] in entity_default. And goblin civilizations DO have the potential to become superpowers, given that they arent killed by their slaves.

Urist McKing

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Spacemarine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 12:56:18 pm »

You could eddit the raws making goblins have more childeren. However the risk is that they will kill of every other race. Alternatifly you could try edditing the ethics . Try making slavery untinkable look here for more info http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Ethics
But you could just add 1 child to the litter, and that might be just enough to make it equal.
Yes! I would like the court to recognize the record as showing that I FUCKING CALLED IT!

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 01:03:09 pm »

ive noticed this a general problem in df2010. Id estimate that about 1 in every 6 worlds i gen has no suriving goblins in it, and often when i reach a goblin tower in adventure mode there are very few goblins there, mostly humans and elves as the op mentioned.

I expect goblin civs will be made far more resiliant when the army arc comes in, as other wise you'l get about two sieges... and then nothing.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 04:09:06 am »

However, there might be a way to to edit the raws to prevent the SLAVES from having children in the first place.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 11:21:36 pm »

Hmmm... Maybe the captured children could slowly turn into goblins, like in The Labyrinth.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 03:50:04 pm »

Why do the stupid goblins allow their slaves to become legendary weapon users, anyway. What could possibly go wrong?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 05:44:24 pm »

Goblins are not stupid,but thay are full of the leting every one do the best that thay can with out any laws.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: [1] 2