Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Privates (pun intended)  (Read 1072 times)

Chris_24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Privates (pun intended)
« on: August 06, 2010, 05:05:26 am »

So, I thought this was interesting enough to post:
http://www.e4.com/game/privates.html

Zombie Cow (indie developer) released a free educational game about STDs. It's a sidescrolling shooter where (apparently, I haven't played it) you have to match the ammo type to the particular STD. It's still got a few bugs, but it should have some funny writing in, if their last game is anything to go by (an adventure game).

This is where I heard about it from. Read for puns and blogging goodness (also, information):
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/08/06/privates-out-flapping-about-in-the-breeze/#more-35334

EDIT: Just realized I probably shouldn't be posting about a game I haven't even played. I thought you guys (and gals) would get a kick out of it though, so... :)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Privates (pun intended)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 05:15:55 am »

Not gonna lie, I thought this was going to be involving military jokes.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
Re: Privates (pun intended)
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 09:59:40 am »

I just downloaded it and played through the first campaign.

The gameplay is decent, I actually found the chatter rather humorous too, and also noticed a L4D reference which took me by surprise. It also has some educational value, Sex Ed. would have been more engaging if they had this when I was in high school.

I quit going through the second campaign though because my blaster kept stopping shooting at seemingly random intervals making it hard to shoot the massive amounts of public lice jumping at you.

Overall it's a good game and quite humorous as well as educational. It's also free.