Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least  (Read 21369 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 5 And Tonight, Someone Dies!
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2010, 10:59:02 pm »

I try and see what I can do about the wounds Tarran is suffuring.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2010, 01:55:00 am »

Focus furthur, stop the water from coming in and likewise use the water in Quarr's blood to keep it from leaving the body
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2010, 04:29:02 am »

Claim ALL OF QUARR'S INVENTORY!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2010, 09:53:44 am »

I should find some clothing if I'm to make any money. People don't like buying bread from the lap of a man with only a loin cloth. I could get some REALLY nice clothing if I had enough money. Then everyone would want to buy from me... Then I'd be RICH!

Hmm... There must be some spell that can make me instantly rich...

THAT'S IT! I will find this magical spell and be rich FOREVER! MWAHAHAA!

I hate waiting though. Maybe I'll just chant random spell-sounding words, in hopes to find one that will conjure the most valuable substance on the planet!

Ooh, what a pretty stone! This stone shall always remember the moment I devised my best plan ever!

Pick up a beautiful stone from the ground.

((Some of you might be wondering wtf. I'm okay with that.))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2010, 07:04:15 pm »

Hello boys, I'm baaaaaaaack!

...And Flintus10 Died. Well, that was unexpected.

As far as I know, I'm not wounded.

Search my inventory.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 6
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2010, 01:20:42 am »

Honestly, I think this dice must be loaded towards ones and sixes.  I've also decided that healing is, at least in part, a mental action, so you should probably get that hangover taken care of before attempting surgery.  I've been pretty lax about applying detriments, but that may change.

Quote from: dermonster
I call out for the bartender to bring out the closest equivalent to gauze he has, and a small tub of ice.
I put my severed hand in the ice, and attempt to staunch the bleeding with the gauze.
I assure legion that he is fantastic.
|You ask the tavern keeper for some gauze and ice, and he comes back with some written documents and a pair of d6.  “No, not laws and dice, gauze and ice!” You shout, frantically waving your hands hand and stump about, sprinkling blood everywhere.  The tavern keeper responds that he doesn't have anything resembling healing supplies about, and it's entirely the wrong season for ice to be anywhere nearby.  You'd have to travel miles until you reached the first mountain that might have ice on its peak; it's not like people just have that kind of stuff lying around.  From all your wild gestures, your bleeding gets worse.  |You say some back-handed complement to Legion. He thinks you just created him to be used, and have no confidence in his abilities, so what's the point!  He goes off in corner and crys, alone.  Poor guy.

Quote from: Quarr
Make idle talk with Mal while asleep.
|You drift along a oneiric landscape, and dive deeper into your dreams.  You can't seem to locate your benefactor, though you doubt he would be pleased with recent events.

Quote from: Paranatural
I do my best to heal dermonster's hand.
|You gather together some tablecloths from the back room, and use them to staunch the bleeding somewhat.  This hangover and sickness definitely interferes with the process, but you still manage to do a decent job of it.  You then use a piece of rope and a small stick as a tourniquet around the bandages.  He still doesn't look great, the blood loss will probably set him back for a bit, but it seems he's out of trouble, for now. |Your stomach seems to be feeling better, though is still isn't comfortable.

Quote from: tehstefan
|Well, Tarran seems to be doing just fine, so you decide to help the poor unconscious Quarr instead.  How saintly of you to help your helpless enemy.  You gather up some of the tablecloth that Paranatural has ripped up, and use that to patch up his throat, as well as making a brace for his neck so that he won't disturb the wound should he wake up.

Quote from: wolfchild
Focus furthur, stop the water from coming in and likewise use the water in Quarr's blood to keep it from leaving the body
|You just stand dumfounded at the spring gushing out of the barside.  You sorta remember how you started it; opening up to some eternal source of water or something like that, but you have no idea how that happened.  For some reason, however, the spring seems to stop by itself.  Huh, weird.

Quote from: ExKirby
Claim ALL OF QUARR'S INVENTORY!
|You run over to the unconscious Quarr and shout out loudly MINE!  Everyone thinks you're too drunk to take you seriously.  You graciously leave the poor chap his bandages and neck brace which are preventing him from bleeding out.  |You strip him of some used, but clean, linen clothes.  A shirt and vest, some pants (with pockets!), a leather belt and some worn boots that seem to fit you.  They seem to be serviceable.  |Fellow only has 20 coppers in his coin pouch, though.  Not much, but you take it anyways.  |It seems he also had a small ring on his right hand.  You take it, and put it on your own finger.  Such a pretty little thing.  It seems...precious to you.

Quote from: Tylui
Pick up a beautiful stone from the ground.
|You find a pretty rock.  Not beautiful by any standards, but it's shiny.

Quote from: Tarran
Search my inventory.
|You don't seem to be much better clothed than that one guy with a loincloth.  At least you got a full kilt, though it is rather worn, dirty, and plain, and you have nothing on underneath... |You don't seem to have a coin pouch or any other signs of money.  |And that seems to be it.

Quote from: Tavern Keeper
Plot exposition
|The tavern keeper walks out from behind the bar, and says “Well, I'm glad you all are still alive, amazingly enough.  With some exceptions,” he looks at Dermonster's bloody stump and the unconscious Quarr, “you did pretty well.  Listen, I was supposed to hold that amulet for a knight that was going to be passing by here.  However, with Mal awakened, we need to hurry.  You should take that thing to the Tower of Gold, to the Council of Eleven.  They'll know what to do with it.  There's no time for dalliance, so get whatever you need done done, and get out of here.  I suggest you put that," he points to the amulet, "back in the box I had it in; it was no trouble while in there."  Looking around at the tavern, he adds, "You folks also owe me a lot for wrecking my tavern, but I understand if you can't pay me now.  Just make sure to come back and pay back what you owe; I'll keep track of the expenses."

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quarr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyuli (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tehstefan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ExKirby (click to show/hide)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2010, 01:30:35 am »

You drift along a oneiric landscape, and dive deeper into your dreams.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/oneiric
–adjective
of or pertaining to dreams.

Well, that sucked. Methinks I would have been better off without searching my inventory.

Search the floor, once again, looking for something of value.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:32:30 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2010, 01:38:20 am »

Pick up my hand and examine mine items.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2010, 01:52:28 am »

Break the ice arround me feet, start passivly superchilling the air in my lungs to just above the condensation point
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2010, 02:08:34 am »

Err. I guess I try and heal myself of my hangover, and then place, ever so carefully, without getting within 4 feet of the amulet, or flinging it up in the air even slighlty, the amulet into the box, then close the lid with the absolute utmost care.

And I'll still roll a 661 and cause the universe to explode.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2010, 03:18:45 am »

Ponder the nature of our existence -- just why are we here? Debate what is truly good, and what is evil.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2010, 03:32:20 am »

Because I didn't blow anything up, I don't have to pay, right?

Moonwalk around the streets.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2010, 08:51:58 am »

I ask the bartender for a hangover cure and even offer something unheard of in an RTD: I offer to pay for it. Assuming I get my cure and feel any better I start helping the rest get up off the ground and collect their varied body parts so we can get moving.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2010, 08:12:17 pm »

Second page?  That simply will not do.  Sorry I didn't get a turn up yesterday; friends came over, we all had a few, youtube videos were watched and suddenly it's 3:00 in the morning.  Starting on the turn now.

Tarran gets a 50% chance at +1 to his action for getting the word of the day.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2010, 12:40:15 am »

Yay double posting in my own thread!

Lucky Turn Number 7
Quote from: Tarran
Search the floor, once again, looking for something of value.
|Well, there’s plenty of water, which is quite valuable in the desert.  But you don’t think that it’s potable.  You leave the water alone, and spot nothing else.

Quote from: dermonster
Pick up my hand and examine mine items.
|In all the confusion with the innkeeper and the bandaging, you seem to have lost track of where your hand is.  Too bad, someone could have sewn it back on or something.  |You, unlike most of your companions it seems, are actually wearing some nice clothes; you have a white silk shirt, a dark blue jacket, which is nicely countered by some comfortable yet stylish black cotton pants, a pair of elegantly crafted boots, a fancy belt, and a sui generis hat, the likes of which would make any man stand back in awe.|On your belt, which is made of the finest leather and emblazoned with a silver buckle, is a hefty coin pouch with a full 10 gold pieces!  |You also are pointed to a small pack by the innkeeper, which has a few days rations, two waterskins, some flint and steel, a bedroll, a traveler’s cloak to keep your fancy clothes from getting wet in the rain, and a few other basic travel necessities.

Quote from: wolfchild
Break the ice around me feet, start passively superchilling the air in my lungs to just above the condensation point
|Through dedicated effort, you successfully break the ice surrounding your feet with a sharp rapping with your knuckles.  |The air in your lungs is already at around the condensation point, hence why you exhale clouds with every breath.  However, that could partially be due to the local dew point, which would naturally change with your location.

Quote from: tehstefan
I try and heal myself of my hangover, and then place...the amulet into the box...
|You ask the tavern keeper for the hair of the dog that bit you, and unfortunately it just makes your hangover worse.  You can barely concentrate with this thing.  |You carefully use the halberd to place the amulet in the box and close it, uneventfully.  Was that so hard?

Quote from: Quarr
Ponder the nature of our existence -- just why are we here? Debate what is truly good, and what is evil.
|You rhapsodize to yourself on the nature of all things.  You were always taught that we exist for some higher purpose in the world beyond.  This world is just a staging area to determine who goes there.  But is that truly our only purpose?  Is that all we really are, just some test subjects on a grand interview that we happen to call life?  You reach no answers.  You also ponder the nature of good and evil.  You suppose God decides what is good and what is evil.  But you consider an interesting paradox.  Suppose God decides that lying is good.  Because God is good, he lies to us and tells us telling the truth is good.  How would we know?  Though you come up with this deep question, you again reach no answers.

Quote from: ExKirby
Moonwalk around the streets.
|You moonwalk around the tavern, then go out into the streets.  After all, you wouldn’t want to look like an idiot in public.

Quote from: Paranatural
I ask the bartender for a hangover cure and even offer something unheard of in an RTD: I offer to pay for it. Assuming I get my cure and feel any better I start helping the rest get up off the ground and collect their varied body parts so we can get moving.
|You ask the bartender for a bend-over lure.  He kicks you out of the tavern for your lewd nature.  Your headache worsens as a result of the physical violence.

Quote from: Tylui
Find a way to get to the Gold Tower
|You come across a small shop that says “Teleports Now Travel Agency.”  You go in, and it appears that you can get a one-way teleport to the Gold tower for a mere |8 gold pieces a head.  However, the owner is willing to offer you a group discount of just 5 gold pieces each for a one-way trip.

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quarr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyuli (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tehstefan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ExKirby (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 05:10:13 pm by Frelock »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17