Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least  (Read 21387 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 4
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2010, 07:42:36 am »

Go into the TAVERN and order a drink, then.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2010, 08:41:52 am »

Excise all vestiges of sorcerous maledictions from Quarr.

Who knows, maybe I'm an exorcist.

BTW It's fantod

fantod [ˈfæntəd]
n
1. crotchety or faddish behaviour
2. (pl) a state of restlessness or unease
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:22:05 am by Paranatural »
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2010, 10:23:18 am »

Just to tell you, going camping today. Will be coming back sometime tomorrow. If you want you can wait for me, or if you don't want to wait I'm fine with having my guy GM'd. Your choice.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2010, 10:49:43 am »

I'm going camping on Thursday and won't return until Monday... I might be able to post actions each day, but I expect at least one day of nonposts from me. Is it okay for me to pick a default action if I don't make one of the days?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2010, 01:27:29 pm »

Wow, must be camping season.  Fear not; all is forgiven with prior notification.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2010, 01:28:18 pm »

My character probably won't forgive me though. Rumor has it that he detests camping.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2010, 03:50:19 pm »

I look at the amulet, and then see if we can lay it on the floor and smash it. With a barstool. Without touching it. Ever.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2010, 07:31:40 pm »

Ouch, this turn is not shaping up well.  Three 6's, two 3's and four 1's. 

Oh, by the way, Terran, you got your +1.

Ooh, and our first roll to dodge death happened this turn.  Who was it? Did he make it?! Will Mary Jane make it to the ranch before the desperado get there?! Tune in next week for another exciting episode of PUC RTD!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:55:20 pm by Frelock »

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2010, 08:11:03 pm »

Oh, gee. It seems like I'm probably the one who died. I just hope I rolled a 6 and 1 to make my exit suitably dramatic.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2010, 08:50:13 pm »

Well, it's sad, but it happens.  Awful stream of luck for absolutely everyone involved.  Except Tarran.  Bastard.  A song to accompany the turn.

Turn 5:
unless someone is desperate enough for me to freeze their wounds closed, i will learn water based magic
|You decide that the powers of cold are not enough for you.  You want to control Water!  You focus your energies, and with a simple knock on wood, you create a magical spring, gushing out from the bar.  Excellence, we've struck water!  Unfortunately, that water pools around your feet, and due to your frigid internal temperature, freezes within moments.  You are now stuck to the floor.  The spring you created hasn't stopped flowing either, and the room is very slowly filling up with water.  There's only a thin layer for now, and a fair bit will leak through the cracks in this building, but it will get worse over time.

Attempt to knock Quarr out.
|Quarr is a problem.  He needs to be taken care of, now.  You point your hand at Quarr, and notice that your flower-stem ring is glowing.  Suddenly, a word springs into your mind.  You shout out “Somnolent!” Quarr immediately falls to the ground, asleep.  You mind is filled with this rush of magic, and finally you understand the full use of this ring.  It is a ring of slumber; the wearer can make one person fall asleep, and it will work on any living creature that is capable of sleep.  This creature will be put into a magical slumber where they will need neither food nor drink, and they shall sleep until the wearer commands them to awaken with the other magic word.  You can't seem to remember what that is, but you're sure it will come to you.  Only one creature can be put to sleep in this way at a time.

I shall call him Legion. For he will be many. I ask him to attempt to multiply himself like an amoeba.
I take the Bartenders extra sword, failing that, an improvised weapon, and try to slice Quarrs neck, spine, or other major arteries and organs.

|You yell out to the tavern keeper for his sword.  He complies and throws it in the air towards you.  | You catch the blade with your right hand.  Unfortunately, you catch the blade part of the blade, and it is quite sharp.   You hand is neatly sliced off and fall to the ground in a mess as you clutch your bleeding stump.  The blood loss quickly drains you, and you collapse to the ground.  Though you are near death, the blood seems to be clotting quickly.  Perhaps you'll make it.  You weakly manage to command Legion to replicate.  |”Sorry boss, all ya got is me.  And that's all ya need.  What, am I not good enough for ya?”  He continues pouting in the corner of your mind.

Dodge past the blacksmith grab a sword and then bolt outta there.
|You drop your sword as the blacksmith pushes you back, and a bolt flies into the shop!  |Though nearly blindly fired, it hits you in the heart, and you die.

Using this newly gained dark magical power, make my blood harden -- heal the wounds from which it has spewed forth!
|Unfortunately, you've been put to sleep.  |You're still losing blood, which is mingling with the water on the floor.  Luckily, it doesn't seems to have an adverse effect, yet.  Of course, you can't tell because you're asleep.

Examine my inventory and focus my Power of Mediocrity to gain a +1 to all natural rolls of 1 hitherto.
|Turns out you have nothing except this dirty loincloth you're wearing.  Well, you also have a thing of cloth which is holding all your bread, and your coin pouch, but that's it.  Perhaps that's why you got so few sales?  |You're already mediocre, and what's all this +1 to 1's about?  You make it sound as if someone was rolling dice to determine your fate.

Go into the TAVERN and order a drink, then.
|You walk over to the tavern, and nonchalantly order a drink.  The tavern keeper, satisfied that all major threats have been eliminated, goes behind the bar and gets you something.  You down it, not even asking what it is.  It burns your throat, and tastes like rubbing alcohol.  It goes straight to your stomach, which was empty, and makes you completely and totally smashed.

Excise all vestiges of sorcerous maledictions from Quarr.
|You go over to the sleeping Quarr, and begin to chant “Evil Spirit be Gone!” over and over again.  Surprisingly enough, you seem to have some talent for exorcising evil spirits, which includes that nefarious Mal.  The rush of power Quarr used to have is now gone.  Unfortunately, you can't seem to find the source of the curse, and are not able to free him.

I look at the amulet, and then see if we can lay it on the floor and smash it. With a barstool. Without touching it. Ever.
|You smash the amulet with the bar stool over and over.  It just sits there, completely undamaged, surrounded by a sea of splinters and starting to be covered in a pool of slowly-rising water.

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quarr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyuli (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tehstefan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ExKirby (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:02:59 pm by Frelock »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 5 And Tonight, Someone Dies!
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2010, 08:57:27 pm »

I call out for the bartender to bring out the closest equivalent to gauze he has, and a small tub of ice.

I put my severed hand in the ice, and attempt to staunch the bleeding with the gauze.

I assure legion that he is fantastic.

You shout out “Somnolent!”

Sleepy; drowsy
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:03:37 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2010, 08:58:20 pm »

Redundant post. Why don't we have an option to delete a post? :( ???
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:01:41 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2010, 09:04:46 pm »

Also, a small note to the rules that hasn't come up until this turn.  When a number higher than a six is rolled in the main action, the excess is added to the consequence roll.  Similarly, any excess off of that will be added to the unforeseen consequence roll.

Derm gets a +3 to any roll to dodge death this turn.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:29:48 am by Frelock »

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2010, 09:48:58 pm »

What a sad group we are.
Make idle talk with Mal while asleep.
I mean, he's been sealed away for hundreds of years --- he must be pretty bored.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2010, 09:59:54 pm »

Yay! I am not totally worthless!

I do my best to heal dermonster's hand.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17