Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least  (Read 21393 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 2
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2010, 05:07:47 am »

Well, I guess honestly its not much different than what I would have done.

In any case, I try and ah, use a barstool to smash an enemy. Not kill though. That'd be bad.

You know, with how this turned out, it seems whatever plot was planned is unnecessary for now
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 05:10:53 am by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2010, 06:23:32 am »

You know, with how this turned out, it seems whatever plot was planned is unnecessary for now

Umm isnt that what RTD's are all about, i didnt even make plot for mine, just a starting point and i winged it, come to think of it i neet to resurect my RTD
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2010, 07:48:30 am »

Heh, yeah. An average RTD plot is like an average road in Russia. Less of a defined path, more of a general direction.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2010, 10:28:19 am »

"Listen asshole, I don't care If you're the most powerful wizard in existence. I don't care if you've conquered so and so, I don't care if you've defeated whats his face, this body is MINE AND MINE ALONE! I WAS BLESSED BY THE RANDOM NUMBER GOD! I AM THE ANTI-ASSASSIN! You are a disease of the mind, a poison of the spirit! YOU ARE AN INVADER OF THIS VESSEL AND I WANT YOU OUT!  Who the hell do you think I am!?"

Mentally use an extremely liberal form of my immunity magic to do the spiritual equivalent of anti-bodies and just generally expelling him from my body.

Generic "Disease and poison" resistance can be interpreted in many ways.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 11:59:24 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2010, 11:00:46 am »

I call the host of LvlUp RTD.

Assuming that I'm the the bar, come out of where I am and rip the amulet off whoeverhasitwhenit'smygo's neck and throw it into the fire.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2010, 11:16:11 am »

We got another 6,6,1.  Do you know what the odds of that are?
1 in 46656 to get two 6,6,1's. Unless I'm completely off.

You talk to the fellow, and your eyes coruscate as you craft an epic tale involving a tree, a cup, his long lost half-brother,  noodles, the entire contents of the Cave of Wonders, and a dead parrot.
cor·us·cate: (of light) Flash or sparkle

Ponder the mediocrity of my actions. Leave the tavern and see if I can make some MONEY!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 11:48:11 am by Tylui »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2010, 01:40:31 pm »

insolence isn't obscure, at least i never thought it was, but it does seem the best candidate of word of the day
Clearly, you haven't read everyone's turn.  I'm not going to keep putting the word of the day in all caps in a section that everyone is likely to read.

You talk to the fellow, and your eyes coruscate as you craft an epic tale involving a tree, a cup, his long lost half-brother,  noodles, the entire contents of the Cave of Wonders, and a dead parrot.
And Tylui gets it!  He receives a +2 to his third roll next turn.

Oh, be comforted; there is a real plot.  This whole thing is just going to be a side plot until you're strong enough to encounter the real one.  I was going to have you kill giant rats in attics and cellars, but this seems like more fun.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 01:43:09 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2010, 01:43:33 pm »

Oh, be comforted; there is a real plot.  This whole thing is just going to be a side plot until you're strong enough to encounter the real one.  I was going to have you kill giant rats in attics and cellers, but this seems like more fun.
Unless of course we absolutely fail and an extraordinary powerful evil wizard escapes and completely wreaks the world.
Then its extra fun.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2010, 01:48:45 pm »

And Tylui gets it!  He receives a +2 to his third roll next turn.
Gah2. Once again I miss it.

Anyway, good luck with money making Tylui, we'll just be busy here, DIEING.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2010, 01:59:45 pm »

I call the host of LvlUp RTD.

Assuming that I'm the the bar, come out of where I am and rip the amulet off whoeverhasitwhenit'smygo's neck and throw it into the fire.
I don't recall the LvlUp RTD, and the search feature reveals nothing save your post right there.  However, AAARTD is an acceptable GM'ing, so your in.  For purposes of plot continuity, you find yourself in the same town outside the local church.

You have come from a somewhat distant farmstead in the middle of nowhere, where you appeared just 10 days prior, completely naked and without any memory.  The farmers were kind enough to take you in, clothe you, and stock you with provisions for your journey to the wise priest who is said to live here.  You've had an uneventful journey here.  You stand in the entrance to the church, which lies just down the street from that fateful inn where your companions are battling.  You see, above the doorway an inscription:
Those who wish to find peace in heaven must follow the Lord's commandments.
I. Thou shalt not deal with those who dwell in the darkest pits under the foundations of the Earth
II. Thou shalt not meddle with the souls of innocents
III. Thou shalt not preform Necromancy
IV. Thou shalt not murder
V. Thou shalt not rape
VI. Thou shalt not pillage
VII. Thou shalt not steal
VIII. Thou shalt act out of concern for thy brother, and shall love him as thou loves thyself
Do this, and you shall find peace in eternity.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2010, 02:08:59 pm »

Should've added "Thou shalt not jaywalk" as VIII. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2010, 02:34:36 pm »

Yea, I was originally going to add "thou shalt not use magic," but what with the Council of Eleven on the side of the good guys, it seemed counter-productive.  I also seriously considered adding IX. Love Potion

I'm surprised no-one has figured out my system for determining who got the amulet.  It's all written down in the rolls.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2010, 02:52:32 pm »

I'm surprised no-one has figured out my system for determining who got the amulet.  It's all written down in the rolls.
Your system is hard to figure out to those who don't know how it works. I mean, how the heck did you get 110 in there? What's it's purpose? Does it really need to be that large? That's just one of the unknowns which currently we have no way of finding out.

I suppose the 4, 6, and 1 relate to the success of the amulet landing/flying away, the place it lands, and the consequences (from the 6 roll) respectively. Though I have no idea how you picked Dermon.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:54:05 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2010, 03:25:04 pm »

Nope.  Not even close.  It was known that the amulet was going to land on a person the entire time.  The process was only used to determine who got it.  Also, 110 is quite small, though it is on the upper range of possibilities for this application.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2010, 04:18:08 pm »

the 4 was for if anyone dodged it0 or if it headed toward someone, the 6/1 was for if I was able to get it away from me, the 110 = i dunno, and the 8 was out of a numbered list of players and you happened to roll mine.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17