Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least  (Read 21400 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 2
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2010, 04:40:47 pm »

Inventory:
Unexamined

Hey, I examined it!

Grab a bottle of alcohol and chuck it at Mal/Quarr's head, while grumbling about bastard sorcerers.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 05:26:47 pm »

Offer Mal an alliance in exchange for POWER! If he declines, calmly explain to to him that there are 9 8 of us in this room against him.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 05:28:39 pm »

Offer Mal an alliance in exchange for POWER!
Don't you dare turn on us! You traitor!

If he declines, calmly explain to to him that there are 9 8 of us in this room against him.
Ah, nevermind.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 05:31:35 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 05:33:18 pm »

You always take things at face value, Tarran. How do YOU know I'm turning on you? Maybe I'm just getting some extra powers so I can stop him. Truth be told, my character, whose name randomly changes between Tylui and Tyuli, is in it for the money. Generally speaking more power = more money. I'm a greedy sumbitch this time around.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2010, 05:36:48 pm »

Be careful with his power if you get it, power can be corrupting...

Oh who am I kidding, you're going to go mad with power the first turn you get it. :P
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 05:39:33 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2010, 06:38:21 pm »

Whew cowardice always works.

Anyways I go to the blacksmith and create an elaborate lie explaining why he needs to let me have anything  want.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2010, 06:52:32 pm »

ABsorb the energy from his frost ray and become a being of frost

Edit: a few guesses

PUC   Public Utilities Commission
PUC   Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
PUC   Pontificia Universidad Católica (Chile)
PUC   Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (Brazil)
PUC   Pacific Union College
PUC   Presidential Unit Citation (US DoD)
PUC   Playwrights Union of Canada (now Playwrights Guild of Canada)
PUC   Pollution Under Control (India)
PUC   Pre University College
PUC   Paid Up Capital
PUC   Person Under Control
PUC   Pagan Unity Campaign
PUC   Personal Universal Controller
PUC   Pierce Ultimate Configuration (fire truck)
PUC   Peripheral Unit Controller
PUC   Pohnpei Utilities Corporation (Federated States of Micronesia)
PUC   Provisions Update Committee
PUC   Pricing Unit Concept (airfare construction)
PUC   Procurement Unit Cost
PUC   Personal Ubiquitous Computing
PUC   Permanent Unit Code
PUC   Pick Up Converter (Cable TV)
PUC   Program Unit Code
PUC   Project Unit Code
PUC   Preston-Tonks-Wallace Model
PUC   Product Use Case
PUC   Pricing Unit Cost
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 06:59:06 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2010, 07:09:56 pm »

Inventory:
Unexamined

Hey, I examined it!

And Ladies and Gentlemen, the first error catching of the game goes to Paranatural!  He receives +1 to his second roll (if any) next turn!

Also, wolfchild, no x27.  Here's a hint: there's an extra "for" that's not in the acronym.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:12:11 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2010, 07:19:30 pm »

people for undulating crabs?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2010, 07:22:58 pm »

Public for Underaged Crap?
People's Universe for Co-op?
Public University for Craniums?

...There's no way those are what PUC stands for, but just thought I would add them. :D

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2010, 08:27:12 pm »

Whelp, I started writing the turn since we have 7 people in, and...
We got another 6,6,1.  Do you know what the odds of that are?
Also got a 6,1 and a 6,4, but those aren't nearly as fun.  I do think the dice rolls "improved" after I started rolling with my right hand.

Still need Tehstefan's action

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2010, 08:29:45 pm »

Oh, let me guess: I'm one of the people that got a 6 (or two) and then got the 1?

Well, I hope not, I still have a use for my body! :P

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2010, 03:54:44 am »

Well, tehstefan still hasn't shown up, and I kinda want to get this second turn in before I go to bed, so he's on GM for a single turn.  Since this was a 12 hour turn, it won't count against him.

TURN THREE:
Pick up the nearest weapon and attack the possessedee.. posessee... evil wizard guy.
|  You pick up a bar stool to smash against his head, but you lose your grip on it whilst it is over your head and it falls on top of you! | You manage to get out of the way, and it misses your face by inches.  Unfortunately, as you were going towards the sorcerer, you are now in a clear line of fire for him.

Grab something long, like a stick or something, and lift the amulet off of Quarr.
| Something long...something long... Ah ha!  That halberd over there, that's really long!  You rush over and grab the extremely sharp, yet long, implement, and swing it at Quarr's neck!  | You nick a couple blood vessels, though luckily you miss the jugular.  There's still a lot of blood, however; can't be good for him.  Anyhow, you succeed!  The amulet flies off Quarr's neck in a graceful arc, to land | neatly around Dermonster's neck!  Quarr stops glowing black and Derm begins to cackle madly.  Looking at himself he shouts, “I LIKE THIS BODY BETTER.  IT IS STRONGER, AND WITH A FAINT TOUCH OF MAGIC ABOUT IT.”

Try to break Mal's binding to the amulet -- bind him to my own soul instead.
| Despite the moderate bleeding in your neck, you feel the need to sacrifice yourself for the good of the team.  You run over to Derm and grasp your lost amulet.  You then traverse the familiar territory of Mal's corrupt mind.  “OH, IT'S YOU AGAIN, YOU WORTHLESS HUMAN.” the voice booms in your mind.  “WHAT DO YOU WANT?”  You fumble around a lost landscape of his thoughts, searching for the key to breaking the spell binding the sorcerer's soul to the amulet.  Mal's presence just seems to watch you, amused.  After what feels like hours of searching, you call out, “What is binding you to this amulet, foul sorcerer?”  A voice echos in reply with a sinister laugh, “YOU THINK MY SOUL IS BOUND TO THIS AMULET? IT IS MERELY A CONVIENT CONTAINER, WHICH COULD HOUSE A PART OF ANY SOUL WHICH KNOWS HOW TO MOVE BETWEEN OBJECTS AND BODIES.  THE ONLY REQUIREMENT IS THAT THE TWO BE TOUCHING.  LIKE YOU ARE NOW!  AND EVEN THEN, THIS FRAGMENT ONLY SERVES AS A CONNECTION TO MY TRUE SELF, WHICH LIES LOCKED AWAY UNDER THE MOUNTAIN OF DESTINY BEHIND THE IRON GATE.  BUT I GROW TIRED OF THIS IDLE CHATTER.  BEGONE!”  But you aren't prepared to give up yet.  You begin attempting to envelop the sorcerer's soul within your own.  You feel successful at first; there's a strong bond between the two of you and you feel it would be difficult to pull away.  “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?”  You start to envelop the soul, wrapping it with tight bonds of your own.  Actually, it's not that hard; strangely enough, you might even say it's easy.  This soul seems weak somehow, as if it were only a small portion of yours.  You're nearly there; 80%, 90%, 95%.  Suddenly, your progress is interrupted, by what appears to be a huge wall of black.  You notice faint tendrils from the connections you've made all leading towards this wall of blackness.  The sorcerer's voice rings in your mind again.  “YOU THINK TO CONSUME ME?!  YOU?!!  INSOLENCE!!!  BUT THANKS TO YOU, A FINE LINK HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED BETWEEN OUR SOULS.  I SHALL SHOW YOU A TASTE OF MY TRUE POWER!”  You feel your soul being engulfed in the same manner as you were attempting to engulf his. |  You push back with all your might, but it is not enough to stop the mad sorcerer's power from engulfing you completely.  You  find yourself (or at least, your mental self) in what appears to be a prison made of stone.  You bang on the walls, but to no avail.  “IMPRESSIVE SPIRIT YOU HAVE; I WAS NOT ABLE TO DEVOUR YOU AS I NORMALLY DO TO THOSE WHO ATTEMPT TO CONTROL ME.  HOWEVER, YOU ARE NOW SAFELY OUT OF THE WAY.  STAY THERE AND BE QUIET UNTIL I AM FINISHED DEALING WITH YOUR COMPANIONS!  YOU SHALL NOT INTERFERE AGAIN!”

Everyone else notices Quarr grabbing the amulet, collapsing, then standing back up again with a mad gleam in his eye.  “I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO USE MAGIC IN THIS LESSER FORM, BUT MORE MINIONS IS NEVER A BAD THING!

Grab a bottle of alcohol and chuck it at Mal/Quarr's head, while grumbling about bastard sorcerers.
| You successfully grab a bottle of whiskey from the shelf and chuck it at QuarrMal's head.  |  It hits him squarely on the side.  QuarrMal stumbles for a bit, puts a hand to the side of his head, and stands up.

Offer Mal an alliance in exchange for POWER! If he declines, calmly explain to to him that there are 9 8 of us in this room against him.
|  You offer an alliance, he refuses, unless you are willing to sacrifice your souls and let him have sole control of your bodies.  You refuse the counteroffer.  You point out that he is outnumbered.  He points out that most of you seem to be generally inept at everything you do.  You know, he has a point...

Anyways I go to the blacksmith and create an elaborate lie explaining why he needs to let me have anything  want.
| You go over to the blacksmith's shop.  Man, this guy makes everything.  There are weapons, armor, tools, even parts for machines like gears and springs.  You talk to the fellow, and your eyes coruscate as you craft an epic tale involving a tree, a cup, his long lost half-brother,  noodles, the entire contents of the Cave of Wonders, and a dead parrot.  The Blacksmith laughs, crys, and is generally moved throughout the entire thing.  While impressed with your storytelling ability, the blacksmith is in this to make a profit, and offers you nothing.  Not to mention he wouldn't normally talk to a guy who is covered in vomit, and clearly can't pay for anything.

Absorb the energy from his frost ray and become a being of frost
|  You focus on the faint tingling on your shoulder, and give it a single command: spread!  It doesn't seem to work.  You decide that you need a more powerful force.  You call out to the DermMal, “Oy, prick!  My mum could cast a better cone 'o cold than that.  You ain't got nutin when it comes to cold magic!”  It seems to have the intended effect, and he casts another frost ray at you!  | You take the bolt right in the chest.  Somehow, you were able to prepare yourself for the biting cold that you experience.  You absorb the magic in the ray, and bend it to your will. Your body begins to change.  Your skin takes on a bluish tinge, your heart seems to beat slower than it once did, and your hair and eyes turn a strange shade of silver.  Your breath comes out in little puffs of frost.  The room suddenly becomes nearly unbearably warm for you.  You believe that this must be what it's like to be a Snow-Walker, one of the fabled people of the north.  No-one's heard from them in centuries, of course, but legends still abound.

Quote from: tehstefan (GM'd)
Knock DermMal out with a classic barfight chair to the head!
| You, like Dermonster, grab a chair; only you're not so clumsy as to drop it.  You swing it towards his head with about half of your strength, so hopefully it won't outright kill him. |  He effortlessly sidesteps your swing.  Shucks.

Quote from: Inkeeper
Attack with sword!
|The inkeeper jumps over the bar, and with a mighty “CHARGE!” that would make Teddy Roosevelt proud, he takes a swing at DermMal.  | Unfortunately, DermMal proves again to be exceedingly agile, and he barely manages to sidestep the swing.

Quote from: QuarrMal
Attack the coward throwing bottles
|QuarrMal goes over to Paranatural, and manages a weak punch. |  Paranatural easily evades this weak attack, but finds himself out from under the cover of the bar.

Quote from: DermMal
Fireball at that foolish inkeeper
| Derm's body holds out its hands, and says a word of power.  A small fireball goes forth from his hands.  It doesn't look very powerful, but it still flies towards the barkeeper.  | The inkeeper is able to move out of the way without issue, and the fireball hits| the back of the fireplace.  The ashes are stirred and a cheery blaze is now burning again, though without fuel it will go out soon.

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quarr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyuli (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tehstefan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Well, it's 2:00 in the morning, so there's likely to be error's aplenty.  Another turn about 12-15 hours from now is likely, but don't expect another one at this hour tomorrow; I plan on being pleasantly inebriated with my compadres.

Oh, also, first person to figure out the crazy system used to determine who got the amulet also gets a bonus.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2010, 04:16:08 am »

Oh damn, sorry Dermonster!

"INSOLENCE"

contemptuously rude or impertinent behavior or speech.
the quality or condition of being insolent.

I getz bonuz nowz?

I grab something long again, lift the amulet off of Dermonster, and throw it onto the ground!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:21:47 am by Tarran »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2010, 04:45:47 am »

insolence isn't obscure, at least i never thought it was, but it does seem the best candidate of word of the day

Attempt to make the ammulet brittle by freezing it
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17