Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: worn out clothes  (Read 1560 times)

Funtimes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: worn out clothes
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 05:28:30 pm »

Look forward to the implementation of the seamstresses guild. For every lonely male dwarf's needs (except alcohol).

Would also be useful for when you have a fortress full of vomit, blood, pus, mud and dust stained clothing.*

*Not guaranteed to be useful.

Kravick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: worn out clothes
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 06:45:33 pm »

I vaguely remember all kinds of stuff in the 31.x patch notes about dwarves organizing their personal belongings, acquiring new clothing once naked, trimming beard and other tissues, and more. But as far as I can tell, absolutely none of this functions. Dwarves still behave exactly as they did in 40.x versions. They run around wearing the same clothes they arrived with until they rot away to rags and disappear entirely, after which the dwarves walk around naked no matter how much clothing you own or how cold it is. The military still leaves their civilian shit and other owned items all over the place, and you can't dump it, forbid it, or get it moved anywhere. Like I said, from first-hand gameplay experience, it seems to me that nothing has changed since the 40.x versions in this regard. Slobs.

Yeah I hate this so much.  Especially when I trained wrestling on my dwarves to help them in combat better.  They'd end up ripping each others clothes off and the barracks would just be littered with their clothes.  No one would ever try to pick them up and reequip their own clothing.  It was impossible to get rid of these clothes too since no one would move them even if marked for dumping.  I solved that problem by creating a custom race that doesn't wear clothing.   ;D
Pages: 1 [2]